Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually made me like him more... interesting how he's changed his stance on resellers.

WHERE'S THE NO HOMO??????

Thing that annoys me with the coach jacket patches is that you know they'll start to get fucked up if you wear a backpack with it. Also, I've come to the realization that most clothes with references to things that don't exist are just annoying.

i see these as indirect references, which is better than the extremely fatigued early 90s hip hop flips you see on every streetwear brand that you wish would just get baled up and shipped straight to africa like so many arizona cardinals super bowl XLIII champions t-shirts

also you're meant to wear the backpacks on one shoulder, do we have to spell out each detail of 90s style here?!?

but seriously this is how it's going to work with the lou reed t-shirt:

1. will sell out really quickly. vip resellers will set the market at $100 and make some quick bucks while they have a virtual monopoly.

2. will cause lagging on the webshop and many people will get the wrong color shirt because they're freaking out and overclicking. will sell out quickly

3. pretty soon everyone will realize that nobody actually wants to wear the shirts and that the only people who have done so are the friends and fam that got hooked up, wear it once then realize that they have a 100 other better looking t-shirts to wear

4. open market price will eventually trend down to slightly above retail

in other words, lou reed is the new tera patrick

to be honest if you show up on release day after 1pm you might not even get into the store before it closes

the interview piece is pretty cool, he's a smart dude that knows his core customer really well... even though he's being a little disingenuous about marketing his gear as limited. ml, you had a problem with it?

WHERE'S THE NO HOMO??????

We all know a (no homo) there would have been a big lie.

but seriously this is how it's going to work with the lou reed t-shirt:

1. will sell out really quickly. vip resellers will set the market at $100 and make some quick bucks while they have a virtual monopoly.

2. will cause lagging on the webshop and many people will get the wrong color shirt because they're freaking out and overclicking. will sell out quickly

3. pretty soon everyone will realize that nobody actually wants to wear the shirts and that the only people who have done so are the friends and fam that got hooked up, wear it once then realize that they have a 100 other better looking t-shirts to wear

4. open market price will eventually trend down to slightly above retail

in other words, lou reed is the new tera patrick

That is a fantastic analysis. +rep.

Those vans are horrible.

So I read the interview with Jebbia, and he pretty much says he picked supreme because it sounds cool. Ok yeah it does, but where did that come from? Why is the logo a red square? I was taking an art history class a few years ago and what I saw made me relate the two right away. Knowing that Supreme has roots in art makes all the more sense too... so check it out

Malevich-Suprematism.jpg

This painting is by the Russian Suprematist painter, Malevich. The title of the work itself is called Suprematism.

So. Take the fundamental element from the painting (red rectangle) + name of the painting (Supreme being the basis) and then you have Supreme's logo.