Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well back on the actual topic... The March issue of Interview has a write up on supreme and an interview with the owner. Didn't buy it yet or read it but it has some shots of the Damien Hirst boards. If I do pick it up I can post some scans if someone else doesn't find it online.

so from the posters, looks like they're trying to make lou reed the hyped tee. someone mentioned this before, but that's really testing the beasts...

the photo t is always the one that gets postered around

so stoked they made a lou reed tee, im sure it'll still sell out in a second and i wont get one but i really don't care. i'm just stoked they made it.

the t shirts this season are pretty great. there's some other stuff. i like the tank top, i havent looked hard but i hope its reversible again.

i dunno, nothing im really gonna go out of my way for but ill definitely take a look when im in ny.

this thread sucks.

late to the punch but finally felt compelled to do a s/s 09 prelim commentary:

-all these patches are ruining the jackets, what's the deal? simple is better.

-still way too many clashing red tabs, especially on the work pants which otherwise look sick. tonal tonal tonal.

-been waiting for supreme to do a khaki jacket a la the campus jacket for years now, but the striped cuffs and collar completely ruin it. again simple would be better.

-heather athletic crews and tanks are completely gross...up there w/the worst they've ever done imo.

-otherwise i'm digging the oxfords and madras buttons-ups (apart from the buffalo checks), striped chinos, canvas shoes, block stripe tees, pocket tees and camo/stripe/torch camp caps. parka is dope but again would be better w/out the patch i think.

late to the punch but finally felt compelled to do a s/s 09 prelim commentary:

-all these patches are ruining the jackets, what's the deal? simple is better.

-still way too many clashing red tabs, especially on the work pants which otherwise look sick. tonal tonal tonal.

-been waiting for supreme to do a khaki jacket a la the campus jacket for years now, but the striped cuffs and collar completely ruin it. again simple would be better.

-heather athletic crews and tanks are completely gross...up there w/the worst they've ever done imo.

-otherwise i'm digging the oxfords and madras buttons-ups (apart from the buffalo checks), striped chinos, canvas shoes, block stripe tees, pocket tees and camo/stripe/torch camp caps. parka is dope but again would be better w/out the patch i think.

IMHO

*Coach jacket with patches = dope (and I dont usually like multi-patches on stuff), plain coach jackets been done to death

*Red tabs are classic OG supreme and more identifiable but true, tonal looks MUCH MUCH sicker

*Campus jacket is so-so

*Heather athletic crews and tees are ABSOLUTE GOLD....must cop. Will work so well on various levels...classic vintage US workwear steez...

Pretty decent collection if you ask me

I got a old Tommy Hilfiger jacket that looks almost exactly like the khaki campus jacket, fits like a balloon though.

Thing that annoys me with the coach jacket patches is that you know they'll start to get fucked up if you wear a backpack with it. Also, I've come to the realization that most clothes with references to things that don't exist are just annoying.

i agree with thesupreme on the coaches jacket

i am usually not a fan of alot of patches but this works for me

will have to see it in person though

edit: good point about the backpack

but if they are sewn pretty much on the edge of the patch, they shouldnt be effected too much

this has probably been answered a million times but, ballpark, what time does one need to get to the NYC store on the day of the drop to assure they get a certain item?

One of these pieces is a must have for me and this will be my first time waiting online at the drop. I'll go whenever but I just have no idea what the times are like....thanks

dont even bother unless you want to show up at like 2am. it's so awesome that they did a photo t w/ lou reed but it's gonna be such a joke seeing 17yr old dbags rocking that shit when they can't name a VU song to save their life and are luck if they even know that "can i kick it" sampled walk on the wild side.

that sucks about the nbhd thing btw. who the hell even wears that crap?

Honestly I don't see the point of standing in line any more. They put practically everything minus hats and t-shirts online and restock daily. The site wasn't too hammered last drop and I'd rather pay 10 bucks in shipping than stand in line with a bunch of 16 year olds for 10 hours just to get told they sold out of the size and color you want.

I was thinking same thing Sayword...collection is like 50% youth crew preppy stuff (campus jacket, baseball jacket, youth crew uh...crew, varsity coaches jacket) and 49% cholo (winos, plaids, chinos)

with a dash of military stuff thrown in for good measure

how is the youth crew stuff preppy? that's for hardcore kids.. it's from a youth of today CD

^^Haha yesssssssssss.

Edit:

Nicer Items are good, although I do like that crew.

Striped Oxfords, Red Shadow Flannel, And Tan Work Shirt are thumbs up.

Tees are better than last seasons/year.

Fuck em all snap is dope.

Canvas shoes in white/brown.

but wont be worth asking price which is probably like $60

All in all, not too bad.

ok nbhd is gonna be in back of supreme i just leaked this shit like cia, you'll see

you're late

and that sucks

what i think D_W was saying with the patches on coat was that the embroidery in the patches will get fucked, not that they'll start to peal off.

2am is an exageration, get there at like 5 and you should be in the first 15 (meaning you'll get in about 45 minutes after they open the doors). i have a feeling this drop won't be as crazy anyway.