Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the Guayabera in person really changed my mind about it. Looks really dope + well constructed..However, didn't feel like dishing out $110 at the time..

Oh yeah: To all you New Yorkers, Union is indeed closing down. Stussy will be taking the space, however the same union crew will be working there. Only stussy + original fake gear will be sold.

I don't know exactly when they're gonna close, but they're having a huge sale right now trying to get rid of all this stuff. It's really sad to see union go down..

Visvim, Wtaps, NBHD, etc won't be sold anywhere in New York once Union officially closes its doors.

I don't know exactly when they're gonna close, but they're having a huge sale right now trying to get rid of all this stuff. It's really sad to see union go down..

Visvim, Wtaps, NBHD, etc won't be sold anywhere in New York once Union officially closes its doors.

Stoops !

has anyone ever had one of their shirts completely blow out (lose shape)?

I just washed my Oh Shit 2009 tee and when i took it out of the dryer it seemed huge on me and not fitted like it used to be

Bro you shouldn't be surprised your shit is blowing out of shape when you put it in the dryer. Cold wash inside out is all you should be messing with.

Supreme tee fits suck lately, They are too boxy and have no good shape.

The last good fits were from late 07 early 08.

stoops.

so where will visvim, taps, etc be sold? NHBD is sold in Supreme now right?

Fuck original fake, mostly the tees. Shit is getting old.

does anyone (besides corny azns) even wear nbhd or wtaps? shit is so insanely lames. taps sometime has a few decent pieces, and usually supreme makes similar items at comparable quality for less $. i've never seen anyone wear vis clothing except john mayer, 78, and farmer. maybe barneys will pick up their shoe account?

Terrible news about Union IMO. Even if you aren't a fan of Vis and the rest, for there to be no outlet for it in the biggest streetwear city in the western hemisphere is kind of unbelievable. And I'd REALLY hate to see it end up in Barney's next to the cornball "sportswear" they carry now.

Sucks about Union. Pricing was getting so insane though, I mean who was buying like 600 dollar Taps BDU shirts and 1800 dollar Visvim jackets? (besides John Mayer) I really don't get hype for OF either.

And last time I was at Supreme I didn't see any NBHD, was that a rumor or are they just stocking a few pieces?

It's been said that both nhbd and visvim were to open stores in NYC. Perhaps with Union going, this will become a reality. If it were, wouldnt be surprised if James Jebbia and Mary Anne Fusco were somehow involved, which would explain willingness to close Union.

However Union could always move itself as opposed to closing, no?

edit: doesnt Commissary carry NHBD and Visvim?

It's been said that both nhbd and visvim were to open stores in NYC. Perhaps with Union going, this will become a reality. If it were, wouldnt be surprised if James Jebbia and Mary Anne Fusco were somehow involved, which would explain willingness to close Union.

However Union could always move itself as opposed to closing, no?

edit: doesnt Commissary carry NHBD and Visvim?

naw, commissary carries bounty hunter and OF (but they did get OFxNBHD collab shit). shame, but talking to one of the comm workers suggested that they don't think they would be making money carrying wtaps/nbhd.. too small of a market for that price.

outside of what the brands have done with supreme, i've never paid attention to wtaps/nhbd. However since 07 friends would say that they were to open in nyc.

Visvim isnt my thing either. They make a cool shoe but the perception of value is always lost on me. I think they could make a run at a US store. Perhaps not here. Maybe LA or SF. If you want to really consider Hawaii as a state, then there too.

outside of what the brands have done with supreme, i've never paid attention to wtaps/nhbd. However since 07 friends would say that they were to open in nyc.

Visvim isnt my thing either. They make a cool shoe but the perception of value is always lost on me. I think they could make a run at a US store. Perhaps not here. Maybe LA or SF. If you want to really consider Hawaii as a state, then there too.

A US-store for Vis would only seem right in NYC. Situated amongst high-end retailers and not among the streetwear contingency. That brand is seemingly going nowhere but high(er) end season to season... or luxury sportswear/streetwear.

How is Hawaii's retail like? I see they are pretty small population-wise but have a few notable stores.

NBHD/WTAPS needs to be sold where there are Asian immigrants/FOBs.

does anyone (besides corny azns) even wear nbhd or wtaps? shit is so insanely lames. taps sometime has a few decent pieces, and usually supreme makes similar items at comparable quality for less $. i've never seen anyone wear vis clothing except john mayer, 78, and farmer. maybe barneys will pick up their shoe account?

neighborhood and w)taps have fallen off in the last couple years but their shit was solid... actually the original fake neighborhood thing this season was pretty dope. whoever was saying that supreme stocked their shit was on crack; the only other stockist besides union in recent years for either brand was recon/nort for w)taps.

the thing about visvim is that it's pretty anonymous from a branding perspective so of course you're not going to notice it.

i'm guessing the reason why they'll sell OF at stussy is because it reliably sells well compared to the other brands at union... which would militate against them opening up another store anytime soon

i'm guessing the reason why they'll sell OF at stussy is because it reliably sells well compared to the other brands at union... which would militate against them opening up another store anytime soon

guess that makes sense

just sucks that itll be that much easier to get for the filipino kids that typically wear stussy and colored denim

unless thats not as much of a problem in ny as it is in ca

How is Hawaii's retail like?

...... needs to be sold where there are Asian immigrants/FOBs.

Admittedly my knowledge of the visvim customer is limited, so I go with the stereotype of wealthy asians and whites and newly visiting asians as their customer base.

Hawaii generally attracts all 3.

How is Hawaii's retail like? I see they are pretty small population-wise but have a few notable stores.

hawaii is a high-traffic tourist state. Retail stores often do really well because of the vacationing travelers.

How does it fit? True to size? Trying to find one in blue or red.....

i've always worn large in past years and i got a large and i like the way it fits. someone else said they felt it was sized too big (which is how i felt about this spring's longsleeve oxfords). last spring's shortsleeve oxfords were quite fitted and i don't think this is as fitted as those were. definitely don't size up anyway, and your normal size should be good (unless you're going for the real fitted thing, in which case maybe size down).