Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$68 for winos? ayeeee

Lets say the low for Winos is $12(Kato's. Manhattan Ave.) and the high being $20 on interweb, so go average price of $15-16.

For your money spent, a true pair of zig zags/winos will get you a canvas shoe with a cloth lining and an insole that is not much more than a piece of cloth laid over cardboard. The sole is actually pretty hollow and plastic looking. I've peeled back the insole and the sole is broken up into 1/6's by plastic bars. All and all winos have always made my feet hurt when wearing, however they are cheap and look good. The price also makes them pretty disposable.

I'm not saying $68 (DVS sells their Doughboy model for about $27-30) isnt an inflated price, but the fact that they went with leather to line the sole and upper and, fingers crossed, a legit rubber sole, makes me happy to spend the money for a pair that last and are comfortable.

Or just wait 1-2yrs and you can get them for close to normal pricing at the next warehouse sale.

yeah that makes sense if they built them up properly, of course tacking on a few extra bones for that box tag...

the sole on the og winos is the worst part. those "bars" or whatever always break down and you can barely walk on it after a few good wears. either way, its $12 for a pair of kicks.

Doughboys aren't leather lined. That's going to make a huge difference in terms of comfort and longevity (as well as cost). Also smell if you are wearing them sans socks. And I assume that the insole will be removable, that will go a long way, too. Sole will probably be solid rubber. I was actually expecting these to be priced closer to $100 - somewhere between Vans and Aprix.

What happened with Aprix anyway? I haven't seen their shoes or seen any updates on the site for a while now.

These look good, and I hope they're using the same leather lining as they do on their vans. I wear mine sockless whenever I can and they stay fresh.

Godammit, didn't check out fast enough and the medium moola shirts sold out while I was poking around.

Anyone willing to do a pickup? I'm looking for a medium green moola.

absolutely. tonal tags all around. feelin the work shorts too.

sucks that the micro stripe is 70 bucks though.

strange that all the tags are tonal except for the blue gingham....I wonder if thats a mistake or the case with the actual shirts....

Can someone enlighten me how long it takes for a comfirmation email to come through from the online store? I ordered on Wednesday and heard nadda.

Apologies if this has been asked previously, can't be arsed trawling through this lot.

Can someone enlighten me how long it takes for a comfirmation email to come through from the online store? I ordered on Wednesday and heard nadda.

Apologies if this has been asked previously, can't be arsed trawling through this lot.

they've been bad w/sending out confirmation emails this season: I often haven't gotten them. i've always gotten my shipping confirmation emails though, so i'd wait for that. they've been slow with shipping stuff out as well too, so i'm not surprised you haven't received a shipping confirmation email either.

i dont understand how a business can survive todays global economy w/ shitty customer service. My experience with supreme thus far hasnt been pleasant.

if they werent a hyped ass company with limited distribution im SURE they would've gone down by now.

Taking two weeks to receive an order in this day and age is just ridiculous, unless they produce the items as they are purchased.

im done ranting now. just send me my shit SAPLEME

i dont understand how a business can survive todays global economy w/ shitty customer service. My experience with supreme thus far hasnt been pleasant.

if they werent a hyped ass company with limited distribution im SURE they would've gone down by now.

Taking two weeks to receive an order in this day and age is just ridiculous, unless they produce the items as they are purchased.

im done ranting now. just send me my shit SAPLEME

This post is dripping with irony.

Guest Methimphibian

their customer service is not that bad, i got my order e-mail instantly and shipping confirm 2 or 3 days after and i ordered last week:confused::confused: