Visvim S/S 09

velvetant

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only handled a couple pairs that were made in China (Logan Lows), and I still think the overall quality is pretty good. That being said, I think the overall finish is better on the ones made in Korea or Japan. In my experience, they just wear better over time and seem a bit more durable. It might just be a psychological thing though, who knows...

It might just be a psychological thing though, who knows...

I reckon so.

The way I see it China have been manufacturing high end product longer than anyone. They do all high end labels - Dior et al. It's just "finished" in France / Italy etc.

I've noticed no difference on the shoes from Korea vs China and I've got around 20 pairs to compare.

As for the cuts on their shirts - fuckin boxy as. Over it !!!

^^^Could be, I am only comparing Logan Mids to Logan Lows. I just think the mids hold up better over time than the lows. May have to do with the style of the model and not the place of production. If anybody else has opinions on the whole Korea vs. China production speak up please, would like to see what others think.

Visvim's price has been going up and quality has been going down for a while now. I'm sure China has the potential to produce high quality products as long as the cost is there. Visvim also produces much more products nowadays so they need to produce more and at a faster rate. I think the correlation between movement of production and the drop in quality is more coincidental than anything else.

If anybody else has opinions on the whole Korea vs. China production speak up please, would like to see what others think.

In the 80's lots of stuff coming out of japan was referred to as "jap crap" because of poor quality, look at them now.

there are a huge range of manufacturers in China. just because it is made in china it does not mean that quality is any different than anywhere else. the machinery, processes and materials are probably all the same it is just produced somewhere different

http://stores.ebay.com/PAPERBOYS-SKATE-SHOP_SHOP-BY-BRAND_VISVIM_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ367999016QQftidZ2QQlnsZ1QQtZkm

anyone know if this guy is legit? He has a lot of stuff for sale, but theres a lot of fake visvim floating round ebay.

Hes legit.

I purchased a pair of FBTs from him before and was completely satisfied.

I also have a pair of the fluxus denim hes selling for $297 for sale right now in the forums for $250 shipped obo

If anyones interseted pm me.