Visvim S/S 09

velvetant

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i see, it's look like vis is really shooting to the high ed fashion market...

Yep. They are definitely going in that direction. The prices are getting higher by the season—even more sadly, a large majority of their production is now based in china. The items from each season have longevity or at least an air of but the semi-quasi of the moment colourways of s/s 09 might turn people' interest.

not only that, the prices are jacked way higher yet again. of course this comes as he moves production largely to china. hiroki can go suck a dick.

if we're not talking about leather crafting or some knit pieces which the best seem to come from italy, globalization made crafting processes relied on machinery so similar all around the world that a product from china doesn't necessarily equate to a bad quality one, much to the contrary, there is a lot of great quality products coming from china.

^True. good to see someone talking some sense around here

Believe it or not, Chinese production quality is not a constant. Too many people are stuck under the impression that made-in-china automatically means shit quality. In this age, thanks to globalization (like Egpt said), the quality of products from China can range from great to bad, just like how made-in-USA stuff can be great or bad. For some reason, some people just don't know how to accept that.

With Visvim, the quality of their pieces have already been ranging anyway.. its not like all their products were the best quality (remember buttons easily falling off flannels last year?). all we can do is wait and see, but i dont think we'll be that disappointed. theres gonna be some dope pieces for sure.

anyway, this season needs more chunky mountaineer boots

True that production in China doesn't necessarily mean bad quality. BUT production in China is much cheaper when compared to places like Italy or even domestic japanese production. While you won't necessarily get lower quality, you do get cheaper production. You would think that at the very least Hiroki would keep prices steady, not jack them up further, especially when considering that the quantity of production has increased. Whatever.

^ thats what i meant. i do not bash on my fellow chinamen making a living. i just want to see some savings passed on.

i just get agitated when a designer preaches about making the best quality possible blah blah blah and then jacks prices while he saves money. brands like nonnative/general research/white mountaineering still make their products in japan and have kept prices lower than visvim.

this proves hiroki is a hypocrite for all his talk about making products purely based on the product itself. if thats true, then what is visvim's reasoning for jacking prices besides the hype behind the visivim name?

QUOTE=sneakerstar2;1647005]Can some one help me who does Visvim in Europe distribution vise! Is it still slam jam?

Thanx

i think slam jam actually orders from the firmament crew although most people think it's the other way around, but slam jam will also sell to you if you contact them, but the pricing is ridiculous. for example, if a pair of logans sell on their store for around 400 their resell price to you is around 330 or something per pair which leads me to believe they order from a third party instead of visvim directly. i can be wrong though, this is just one conspiracy theory of mine.

basically, slam jam does "distribute" in europe, but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg.

if you're considering to order visvim for your shop or something, i would suggest u to reconsider since from what i have gathered it is a not very profitable stock (even slam jam have said this about their instore sales of visvim)

pricing's gotta be brought under control. i can't imagine cost is anywhere near that high even after currency exchange.

I feel your anguish, i really do. However, prices are not going to get any cheaper, rather the opposite despite Chinese or non Chinese production. It's a shame, but it's the aesthetics of prices.

i think slam jam actually orders from the firmament crew although most people think it's the other way around, but slam jam will also sell to you if you contact them, but the pricing is ridiculous. for example, if a pair of logans sell on their store for around 400 their resell price to you is around 330 or something per pair which leads me to believe they order from a third party instead of visvim directly. i can be wrong though, this is just one conspiracy theory of mine.

basically, slam jam does "distribute" in europe, but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg.

if you're considering to order visvim for your shop or something, i would suggest u to reconsider since from what i have gathered it is a not very profitable stock (even slam jam have said this about their instore sales of visvim)

i think slam jam not orders from firmamanet crew... they orders directly from Japan.About the pricing besides the market price of visv in japan you pay customs duty, italian vat, the slamjam gain. so for example for a pair of Visvim Skagway Sami “Pony Hair†the order price from jp is 220€ but the retail price is 415€ (see the excel order form)

I posted this in the legit check a few weeks back but no one responded so I'll try here. Does anyone know if this Visvim x OF bag is real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VISVIM-x-OriginalFake-KAWS-BALLISTIC25L-P-WORK-Backpack_W0QQitemZ110342615471QQihZ001QQcategoryZ155186QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I noticed he is also selling 2 Visvim Shaker bags as well. Thanks.

I posted this in the legit check a few weeks back but no one responded so I'll try here. Does anyone know if this Visvim x OF bag is real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VISVIM-x-OriginalFake-KAWS-BALLISTIC25L-P-WORK-Backpack_W0QQitemZ110342615471QQihZ001QQcategoryZ155186QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I noticed he is also selling 2 Visvim Shaker bags as well. Thanks.

looks legit, but anything from HK is suspicious. pretty decent prices too (although still pricey)