Jil Sander A/W 2009 Milan

Tyro1

you love this shit cause the sweaters are kunk sized. other than the corset jackets and gold's gym sweaters, i like this collection. lapels on some jackets are nice and grey pea coat is great

The waist thing is pushed too far IMO. Same goes for the whole collection, but I can't help myself from thinking: Is this the way menswear is heading after couple of years? Does Raf know something the rest of us don't?

I would like to see these live an try these on, to see how they work in real life.

The shoulder-waist relation will look worse on a guy with broad shoulders.

This collection just raised lots of questions about Raf's design.

Raf's work at JS men's f/w 08/09 was much more interesting, he did an impeccable cut with the suits and coats that season, and in particular the razor slim trousers which I think were the highlight. Here it seems the focus is on the coats, and some of the upper body suppression here just looks odd. Everything else is kinda blah, it's like the trousers and shoes were just put there to complete the outfit, completely bland and unassuming especially for a runway.

I agree, this past season's JS is one of favorites. Everything was just top-notch.

i have to agree with julian and dismal on this one. i was really looking forward on this collection since i like all the pieces from f/w 08-09. even the shoes from previous season look better. disappointing.

I came to find out the Jil Sander store here doesn't carry anything that resembles runway Jil Sander, and it's a company flagship store. They have racks and racks of Tailor Made line and those hideous sneakers, and the ugly shoes, but nothing good. I am pretty sure those woven coats, pants, and the shoes won't make it here. :(

The shoes aren't as nice as previous seasons ,but they're still coppable. I could always do with black Raf laceups.

I feel like the production pieces of a lot of the coats and other tapered waist pieces will be less dramatically hour-glass defining than they look on the runway. I also feel like its that type of look that for some people with a certain shoulder-waist proportion it could look good, while not on some others. Same with the dropped shoulder knits. I'll wait until i see the production pieces on normal people before i judge.

I came to find out the Jil Sander store here doesn't carry anything that resembles runway Jil Sander, and it's a company flagship store. They have racks and racks of Tailor Made line and those hideous sneakers, and the ugly shoes, but nothing good. I am pretty sure those woven coats, pants, and the shoes won't make it here. :(

The shoes aren't as nice as previous seasons ,but they're still coppable. I could always do with black Raf laceups.

yeah the asian jil sander buys are remarkably safe and boring

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Phrost

i've been feeling the ad campaigns since s/s 08

i saw this coat at bergdorf's but in a subtle gray/whitish newpaper plaid. looked really nice and fit snug as a motherfucker

sandmwaw090373zs6.jpg

Guest Phrost

it was like 1235ish. i was surprised. shit actually affordableish. tight in the shoulders for me. so far bergdorf's has a better jil sander buy than barneys

sandmwaw090096em3.jpg

Is mine. Never ever ever tried on a nicer garment.

Copped two turtleneck merino sweaters as well. Straight out Jil this winter.