How do you organize your clothes?

homi29

I'm trying to reduce the size of my wardrobe and get rid of non-essential pieces. I realized i only have a handful of items im really happy with and everything else i need to find a way to either sell, give away, store , etc etc.

Right now i have my coats/jackets hung up in my closet. I got my t-shirts folded in drawers or plastic containers. My shoes are in boxes or reguarly worn ones are at the front of my place.

Looking for a more efficient way of organizing my clothes. I really like what seenmy does and if i get a more baller pad im gonna try to color coordinate.

Post pics if you got em

If you really want to organize your wardrobe I would suggest to take one wall in your bedroom and run a large wardrobe system (something with doors preferrably) across the length of the wall. It will maximize you storage without taking up that much space. The only problem is A) you might have to move stuff around B) it will cost you money. It's a small sacrafice to make but it will give you more than enough storage for organization.

One of my wall is a built in closet with room from floor to ceiling.

My outerwear is on a wall rack in the vestibule (what you guys call a foyer, even though it means fireplace you fucks!).

So the floor space in two adjacent cabinets is for shoes, boxes and shoe care, I don't have that many but still say 22-25 pairs.

Suits, jackets, dress shirts and dress pants are on hangers (this part is overflowing ;( ).

Tees, casual pants, belts and sweaters are on tablets. Underwear in it's own drawer

Top part (that I can't reach without a chair) is extras stuff, luggage, extra hangers and say clothes bags.

Works fine for someone with a medium to large wardrobe (say 10 pieces of outerwear, 15 jackets, 8 suits, 15 dress shirts, 20 pairs of shoes, 5 pair of dress pants, 10 pair of extra pants, 15 tees, 10 sweaters, 5 belts).

I've found it depends on what sort of material the soft tees are made from however they all return to their original state after washing anyway. viscose tees don't stretch out of shape at all, cotton/cashmere stretches minimally, cotton bamboo can stretch like a motherfucker, etc.

for the most part if you use a decent hanger (ie one that is at least as wide as the tee's shoulder width) they shouldn't stretch but if you're really concerned you can always use hangers with foam covers that grip the material.