1 MONTH PICTURES OF LEVIS 501xx STF

CHUNGY

Quote: it is pretty amazin that this place has given people the impression that a good pair of jeans is one that breaks in super fast. or at least that the ability of a jean to break in fast is a good quality..

let us see your jeans in two years, and i will compare one of mine. patience is the key.

Hallelujah and A-men, Brother. Nuff said.

i agree...well said...however i have to say that i don't agree with people saying that because they are new 501's that they will not turn out good or are of bad quality...i would definently rate new 501's above APC's in construction and i've seen a couple pairs of late 90's and even more recent 501's turnout great and i'm sure they will last longer or as long as most nudies and longer than apc and for way less than half the cost. they're quality might have gone down abit in recent years but they still know this game better than anyone.

I think of all the urine, ass smell, spit and assorted other crap that would be on my jeans after a month of wearing and no washing.

I bet the homless have some interesting aging going on their pants.

Anyhow, this thread did encourage me to go to Sears on my lunch break and pick up a pair of Made in Columbia 501 STF's. On sale, $24.99.

I really have to chime in now. I think wearing new 501 stfs is fine and dandy if you're chillin in your house or working a desk job, but any real stress or strain and the jeans just don't hold up anymore. I will agree that the late 90s jeans are decent (made in america), but for the most part any jeans after 2000 (sweatshop made) lose their color and rigidity after the first wash. I have posted pictures on here of cane47s vs. new 501 stfs after 1 wash and the difference is amazing. The construction and sewing may be better, but the denim itself is just way too poorly made. I have worn lvc 501s for over a year working construction and the jeans held up great. I have worn new 501 stfs and they have just fallen apart. A single drag on a nail and a hole opens up. The inner leg seam opens up, holes in the wallet pocket, etc.

On the other hand i also don't believe most of this "jeans and philosophy" rhetoric where your jeans tell a story. If you want to wear 501 stfs, i say have at it. They look awesome before they are washed and ok after the first wash, but anything beyond that they start to go downhill. If you want a pair of jeans that will continue to look better the more you wear them, then you may have to spend over a hundred dollars.

Chungy - enjoy your jeans.

Peace

i think the whole 'jeans can tell stories' rhetoric is a little too much also.

'mourning the loss of a pair of jeans like a good friend'??? are you serious? give me a break. nudie's marketing is genius, though. i like some jeans more than other clothing but i can't think of a way to work them into any stories i have about my life.

yeah, its a bit funny how they show those really nicely worn in nudies, and there's a story about some special concert they went to.

as if that one concert is really going to have a drastic effect. maybe if you rip them in the mosh pit...

in any case, i just love wearing in a pair of jeans. no story or anything, just like to watch the progression.

nairb49

Quote: you wear £130 LVC on a construction site?????

When i wore those it was late 90s and the jeans cost about $120 (about 70 pounds). Not bad for a pair of jeans that last forever. I really should have kept those jeans come to think of it. Now i wear cane47s to work and nudies in the evening and on weekends.

Yeah those pics can be seen on style forum. I haven't quite figured out how to post on this forum yet. They are up for a wash this weekend though. I will be taking more pictures on sunday of them.

Here is the link to the pics on styleforum.

[url=" http://sf.connectexpress.com/showthread.php?t=23197&page=41&pp=10"] <a href="http://sf.connectexpress.com/showthread.php?t=23197&page=41&pp=10" target="_blank">http://sf.connectexpress.com/showthread.php?t=23197&page=41&pp=10 </a>

• 3 weeks later...

i wasn't being a fuckin smart ass.. i was asking the question its surprising someone is gonna pay so much money for a garment that is gonna be worn to work and get destroyed. any builders i know buy cheap jeans or wear work pants... dont go spending £130 on stuff thats gonna get ruined

Edited by witts on Jan 28, 2006 at 02:25 PM

Quote:

so many people post up pics of their jeans with so much wear after only a short period of time,

ive been wearing my STF's for like 4 months now, and they dont look anything like that,

same with apc's and the like...

--- Original message by Stuffed Tongues on Jan 2, 2006 02:42 PM

wear your jeans everyday...my apc's i've had for 2 weeks and i'm showing some decent wear.....come on my body at 7Am, leave them at 11pm....7 days a week...

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:

i wasn't being a fuckin smart ass.. i was asking the question its surprising someone is gonna pay so much money for a garment that is gonna be worn to work and get destroyed. any builders i know buy cheap jeans or wear work pants... dont go spending £130 on stuff thats gonna get ruined

Edited by witts on Jan 28, 2006 at 02:25 PM

--- Original message by witts on Jan 28, 2006 02:22 PM

I didn't take any offense to what you said, but I know tons of construction workers who will spend about $150 on a pair of woverine boots. Why? Because they last and are comfortable. Jeans get beat up on a construction site and levis stf tend to tear and rip. I haven't had this problem with LVC or cane47s. Not to mention, if the point of wearing your jeans is to get a nice worn look, then wouldn't wearing your jeans in harsh conditions produce the desired result? If levis are good for a miner at the turn of the century, then they are good for me today.

Haha. Nice!

I think you will normally starch your jeans than wear it untill t dry. I found that very useful. Also I used the same starch whcih I brought in albertson. keep it up !

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

• 10 months later...