Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

• 2 weeks later...

the nipper has been putting a bit more wear and tear into his 1960s 302 over half term. Annoyingly, the authorities have infringed our personal freedoms by banning jeans in school. But the upside is he grows out of jeans a little bit slower than with, say, the Samurais, so I reckon these should last to the summer.

The nipper has also withdrawn his consent for his photo to be seen by denim nerds, but he did consent to this one; it was a big wrestling match between human and seaweed but the seaweed lost.

nipperonbeach.jpg

We did a bit of searching for sharks' teeth fossils over half term, too, details on the Roy thread:

5SHarksteeth.jpg

It rained relentlessly when we were fossil-hunting, hence these babies have had one comprehensive soak in seaside rain. I will spot-wash and rinse these today and hope to continue hiding these from lady t on washdays.

302frontfeb11.jpg

302lapfeb11.jpg

...and a reminder of how they looked new:

frontmain.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found some LHT 'Ranchcraft jeans today.

The kids section of a local thrift is one large section. I assume these are boys' jeans, but the inside tag looks like something from a dress. I wouldn't think they'd have made 'Ranchcraft' for little girls. I saw the bar tacks on the back pocket, and figured they were probably from old navy or something. Then I saw the left hand twill and figured they were some 70s Lees. I am not positive, but these look to be maybe from the 60's? (anyone familiar w/ ranchcraft/penneys?)

Anyhow, here are some pictures:

198142_10150109528216835_508016834_6914548_5846886_n.jpg

DSCN9274.jpg

DSCN9275.jpg

DSCN9311.jpg

DSCN9301.jpg

DSCN9287.jpg

DSCN9278.jpg

'W A L D E S ' - never heard of this zipper company before, kind of a shame cause it needs to be replaced.

DSCN9319.jpg

Robbie - double volante uses Waldes zippers (if requested) on pairs of their denim. I have a pair on the way with a selvage lined Waldes zipper. They're supposed to be pretty damn good, from what I've read from Mizanation.

I know they placed zippers on earlier denim, and are still making a lot of those zippers. The selvage zippers they make are supposed to be 100% cotton, so they fade w/ the denim.

Hit the double volante thread up for more info. I'm sure Mizanation could secure you a new Waldes zipper. K san has like 4 or 5 he has access too.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rusholmeruffian
We went to the beach too....

5494771083_806af23314_z.jpg

My boy in his warehouse half selvedge jeans with about 5 months wear on them and several washes.

5494775343_1ee1fecc7a_z.jpg

Getting a sniff from my dad's pointer

You bought a toddler some warehouse?

Are you Elton John ?

Well, if you paid any attention to his thread, you'd notice that kid's jeans often get passed on (or sold) to someone else who can put them on their kid. The irony of your criticism is that most of the kid's jeans get more wear than those of many of the adults on here.

There are only so many years you can choose what your kids wear, why not like what your kids are wearing before they start wearing trendy clothes like most kids do?

You bet your boots my kids are gonna be in 'Little Levi's' and Baby Chucks, I am pretty sure my wife has already tossed some baby denim i've found away in hopes we can put it on any future little robbies.

Double Volante order being prepped for my 4 year old right now..

You wouldnt believe it! They make these things that actually allow you to............................ adjust the waist to get bigger as they grow!

along with cuffing,(and the subsequent uncuffing as he matures) these will be built to last for quite some time.

MUCH longer than 6 months.

Guest rusholmeruffian

I'm sure we all like our kids to rock nice gear.

I look on ebay for selvage for my boys . Although lets be hones, my 8 yr old would swap his big E for a 3DS in a heartbeat.

I was commenting on price, not making a pejorative judgement.

I'm sure we all like our kids to rock nice gear.

I look on ebay for selvage for my boys . Although lets be hones, my 8 yr old would swap his big E for a 3DS in a heartbeat.

I was commenting on price, not making a pejorative judgement.

So it's one rule for your nippers and another rule for you! I've a feeling I've seen a constant stream of expensive denim from a friend of yours on supermarket...

Might have a pair of evisu ready for your 8-yr old in a year or so, if you behave yourself.

Ah don't worry about redchris, he has a hard-on for me.

Anyway, I can tell you that my boys warehouse jeans were purchased for about 9000yen by his grandparents in Japan.... that was about 60 odd quid, yeah expensive but hey our second child will also wear them.

^agreed. Endless +rep for guilty's nephew :)

Ah don't worry about redchris, he has a hard-on for me.

Oh, hah, that explains a lot.

quick heads up Beyond Retro (bricklane) have a cute little 1960's wrangler blue bell jacket for £50. from memory in a size 14? its very small! deff not age 14 if thats what it means.

same is this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2eb3f3b44b&item=200587588683&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=34ADzOGr58rP%252FUXAqZn1yH9zsM8%253D#ht_500wt_922

Would have snatched this up at maybe half that price but maybe it could go to a good home!