Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

4 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

@Flash

Just an FYI..

The centre back belt loop was moved to the offset position in 1958 then was returned to centre position 1966.

The cardstock patch wasn't introduced until 1959 at the earliest, and the words Every garment guaranteed were removed from the patch in late 1961.

Is this info from the little japanese book mate ? I was mainly using the 501xx book for reference , crazy how much the dates can change from book to book .

Edited by Flash

@Flash only the newspaper piece and the date for the belt loop moving in 58. The centre belt loop thing (1966) is more my own long term research /experience etc (and looking at too many pairs online over the years!) - the change from hidden rivet to just bar-tacking models.

The removal of the words 'Every garment guaranteed' is a grey area tbh. I think late 61 based on type 3 jacket patches and pocket flasher cards. But the jeans (and especially kids jeans) are different so who knows?

Factories and button codes can be roughly attributed too and be of some help, at least up until around 1961.

That Levis book is great but l think because Levis history is wishy washy at best, we can just nerd out and discuss it and it makes little difference as there's probably a dozen people here who would be interested.  But a book l think you may like to read through (up until the early 1980's at least ) is the one by Ed Cray. It's cheap as chips on ebay but l can lend you my copy if you like?

7 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

Wished my boy liked wearing jeans. Right now he’ll only wear sweatpants :(

The denim is actually pretty soft , I definitely dont want Jack to be wearing super stiff starchy denim so I hand washed them with a little soap to remove most of the starch . I can understand about the sweatpants though :D 

Edited by Flash

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

just saw this, congratz n good luck @Flash

Thanks mate , I'm definitely a bit scared jumping into something new but I have complete confidence in the quality of the product and hopefully that and the dedication I have to this will result in some success with the brand 

27 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Flash all sounds great mate... exciting times... looking fwd to the launch
What size are you going up to in the t-shirts?

The t shirts will be small sizes , most likely for ages 4 - 6 years old  ( there isn't a s/m/l size its all number based on the tags ) but ill have measurements up when the site is live ( I'll pm you aswell when I get them in a few days ) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 1:29 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

Nudie Tiny Turner organic kids selvedge jeans, made in Italy. Age 8, will fit a 10 yr-old, see measurements.
Bought raw, sanforized, washed once and worn by my sprog for a grand total of  2 hours. No longer available. RRP £90, yours for £50 £40 plus shipping. BARGAIN! :D

• Waist: 25” (has elastic adjusters with buttons to reduce it)
  • Front rise: 7.5”
  • Back rise: 12.5”
  • Thigh: 9”
  • Hem: 5.5”
  • Inseam: 25”

150EBC21-D404-4EE3-81B5-267A40D7D254.jpeg

49D2C69E-5C61-494B-92D0-4AA13F1F5C60.jpeg

D29B3686-5E0D-4B15-915F-7A58640099A0.jpeg

3890C6B2-FBA2-46C8-A77B-DF6176294CC8.jpeg

GONE! Just found these 2 pairs of Gap selvedge kids jeans in my denim repair/scraps bag. Age 4, in good condition, they used to belong to my son who’s now 13! Yours for the price of postage (or, alternatively, free with the Nudies above! :wink:). There’s also a pair of age 3 but with small holes in the knees. 

3B0A619C-D01B-4508-9F7D-EBFE82015FD6.jpeg

BAEC5155-225D-4BB3-BD20-4F151718BDC5.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman