Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

Heh... I was thinking about this topic recently... in the time I've been on SuFu, I've gone from being single to producing a now-13-y.o. son who is about to overtake me in height (6'2") and looks better—and has put more wear—in his 32x32 LVC 54z than I ever did. Pretty decent evo, dad...

That is a cute baby! Let me know your address for shipping and I’ll get a shipping estimate. 
my boys wore these samurais from about age 2-3 (big cuffs and my older boy is a giant) up to age 4-5 (my younger is quite small for his age). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Flash said:

Got a visit from the postman today 

20210325_152258

20210325_152413

20210325_152334

20210325_152356

20210325_152343

Sized up about 5 years for maximum comfort

20210325_152927

20210325_154746

Little man has style though ....

There was something else in the package that I'm really excited to show and tell you guys all about , been working on it for close to a year and finally have something physical to show . Still need a bit of time before I'm ready but hopefully I'll be able to show something in a few days 

Some one must have loved that jacket to be so faded, or must have been handed down a lot.

Thanks lads I'm really excited but definitely scared at the same time .

As far as sizing goes in this run there will be 3-4 , 5-6 , 7-8 , this doesnt mean all that much without measurements so as soon as the pattern is completed for 5-6 and 7-8 I'll be updating with more info , Shingo-san will be doing a japan only preorder for me ... wasnt planning to do a preorder myself but once the measurements are available if people want to reserve a pair they are more than welcome to leave a small deposit .

Looking into having some t shirts made aswell so hopefully I'll have something to show there soon 

Not much going on today , weathers a bit weird .... snowing one minute and sun splitting the trees the next so I took some pics of some 503zxx 

DSC_0049

Ok so starting at the top .

They feature a card patch without "every garment guaranteed" so that puts them post 62 and since the middle belt loop moved back to the centre just after 63 , these must have been made sometime in 1963 

Middle .

So these have a leather patch with off centre belt loop , that means they have to be post 54 but before the change to card patch in around 57 . So these were made anytime between 1954 - 57

Bottom 

These are the earliest pair I own , the centre belt loop and the leather patch put them somewhere between 1953-54 .

I'd love to find out more about the single sided tab 503zxx ( that I'd love to own .... ) , zippers weren't used on mens Levi's until 1954 so that date can be disregarded because the single sided red tab was phased out in 51/52 , so the 503zxx could have been introduced as far back as 1947 ??? Not even sure where to start in terms of research but I'd love to find out 

Anyway... more pics 

DSC_0056

DSC_0058

DSC_0057

DSC_0051

DSC_0061

DSC_0062

DSC_0063

........ take all dates with a pinch of salt :D

Edited by Flash