Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

You’re both taking me back again...

Love those classic Kickers - they were all the go eh but 89 was Converse high tops and Adidas shell toes (89/90 all blends in now)

School uniform was grey Farah (love to see them in burgundy @Maynard FriedmanBen Sherman, Pringle V neck (had another V neck called Braemar) Adidas shoes (Dakar or Corsica IDK), tie skinny side round. Had to wear them all to threadbare given the price on limited means!

Edited by MJF9

Oh, I had them in grey too. My pride and joy was a black cashmere Pringle v-neck!

These were all strictly casual though, there was a very strict uniform policy at my school, although we could get away with black DM shoes.

Cashmere!! How the other half lived. That North South divide has been going years then!

Still a youngster OO!! It’s all in the mind mate.

I had a Head bag as my footy bag. It had a detachable smaller bag I could zip off iirc. Head were very popular bags in the day with the lads going to watch their club abroad ^_^

Edited by MJF9

46 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

You’re both taking me back again...

Love those classic Kickers - they were all the go eh but 89 was Converse high tops and Adidas shell toes (89/90 all blends in now)

The 1989/90 Kickers vibe for me was more akin to 'Total Confusion' (A Homeboy a Hippie and a Funky Dredd) era but rather than pinroll our jeans, we used to cut the hem off and tuck it under a small loop of elastic which we would make from our mum's sewing box. I was also a fan of blue suede Champion sneakers at this time, the boots with the velcro strap.

^Ive never seen a footy match in my entire life, even on TV :blush:

Edited by Double 0 Soul

But what's even the point of having a kid if I can't vicariously live through them?! :tongue:

I mean, I turned out okay...

DsBFfDc.png

xt6ltkl.jpg

Looking at Yahoo, I like the McCoy's denim jacket! Don't think I'm going to pay 50,000 yen, even if several kids got to end up wearing it after my firstborn.

Edited by Cold Summer

@MJF9 - something like this? Look, it’s even got my old shin pads and a selection of stud keys!

@Double 0 Soul - I’ll send you the ‘Head’ tag :D

We used to have the jumbo-sized versions too, usually in blue and red, for those weekends away!

F02F4C76-626C-444C-83D6-8D58ACC7E2D6.jpeg

@Maynard Friedman brilliant! Yes like that but sure it was navy blue and red. 

Still got your old boots in there? I was telling my boy about having to dry my boots out by packing them with newspaper after the leather got soaked and then having to either dubbin them or use black polish which my old man used to make me shine up. I was telling him as I washed his fancy boots, with his name on them, under the sink in running water!

Sorry, my old boots (Italian-made Reebok in black leather, bought circa 1995 - matching the stud key, second left) fell apart when I was having a kickabout in the park with my son a couple of years ago - the sole fell off completely in the mud. I replaced them with a pair of old-school black leather Puma on deep discount at Pro-Direct soccer for the twice-yearly lads v dads match at my son’s rugby club (probably the poorest club in London, by the way).

Anyway, all this reminiscing about Farahs, Pringles (and probably Lyle & Scott polo-necks) when I’m sure @Jimmy Tarbuck still wears all that schmutter!

13 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Sorry, my old boots (Italian-made Reebok in black leather, bought circa 1995 - matching the stud key, second left) fell apart when I was having a kickabout in the park with my son a couple of years ago - the sole fell off completely in the mud. I replaced them with a pair of old-school black leather Puma on deep discount at Pro-Direct soccer for the twice-yearly lads v dads match at my son’s rugby club (probably the poorest club in London, by the way).

Anyway, all this reminiscing about Farahs, Pringles (and probably Lyle & Scott polo-necks) when I’m sure @Jimmy Tarbuck still wears all that schmutter!

Ha ha, the more garish the argyle on your Pringle sweater, the better the golfer I say.

Those Head bags were amazing.  Fond memories of the thud of a football against them when they’d been stacked 6 high to make a playground goalpost.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nudie Tiny Turner organic kids selvedge jeans, made in Italy. Age 8, will fit a 10 yr-old, see measurements.
Bought raw, sanforized, washed once and worn by my sprog for a grand total of  2 hours. No longer available. RRP £90, yours for £50 plus shipping.

• Waist: 25” (has elastic adjusters with buttons to reduce it)
  • Front rise: 7.5”
  • Back rise: 12.5”
  • Thigh: 9”
  • Hem: 5.5”
  • Inseam: 25”

150EBC21-D404-4EE3-81B5-267A40D7D254.jpeg

49D2C69E-5C61-494B-92D0-4AA13F1F5C60.jpeg

D29B3686-5E0D-4B15-915F-7A58640099A0.jpeg

3890C6B2-FBA2-46C8-A77B-DF6176294CC8.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hey superparents, both my boys have outgrown these samurais now along with this totally cool Sierra Designs Mountain Parka that I bought years ago in Tokyo. 
therefore I offer these free to a good home (just pay shipping).

the samurais have worn through in one knee so would benefit from a repair. 

samurais sized at 100, parka is 110. 

6B1954DF-3049-4BA9-B42B-1AB1DE0FBD30.jpeg