Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

• 7 months later...

Maynard, that pair looks awesome!

I loved seeing the nippers wear in his 302, hope those are as much fun. It's very interesting seeing an original pair wear in. I think those 60s jeans might be even harder work than the repros.

T Jr just did his GCSEs. This is what he wore that year. Now needs a knee repair, which looks trickier than 302 or 501 because felled seams. Didn't have chance for full length pic, but it shows how well the 606 wear from raw.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

These have lain dormant for a while but I've just given them a pre-wash and my son will start wearing them soon, probably in the new year.

nudie Tiny Turner selvage

IMG_4553.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 4 months later...

I’ve got a 2,5year old and another on the way. Also been stockpiling a bit. Nothing as fancy as Levi’s from the 50’s or MIJ jeans but sometimes you can get Acne selvedge jeans for kids quite cheap here in Sweden. Here’s Ingrids collection so far.

6A9663F8-1F9B-46F1-A85F-048797FEC11E.jpeg

The first jeans is a size 2 and the second a size 3. They’re in a white line selvedge. Quite nice. Last two are of a redline selvedge and are much darker and not as nice in my opinion. They’re a size 4. 

5DEDA464-B4E2-4F65-AEB2-252F8DE4DB6C.jpeg

Detail:

7A13A2E7-4661-4F51-A445-739B719B0C25.jpeg

Mended these when I got them.

D0A4E959-3697-4020-AFEB-2E8FD3C18761.jpeg

Edited by Spiraltoy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 2:16 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

These have lain dormant for a while but I've just given them a pre-wash and my son will start wearing them soon, probably in the new year.

nudie Tiny Turner selvage

IMG_4553.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

These are up for sale as my son wore them just once, at home for 2 hours and has now outgrown them.

They are labelled as age 8 but should really be age 10. My son is 11. I’d give them to my 9-yr old daughter but she NEVER wears jeans!

I will supply updated photos and measurements but I’m looking for £50 plus postage. These are no longer available and were £90 RRP.

• 4 months later...

So, I have a daughter arriving this July ^_^

I'm probably not going to bother trying to outfit my kid in denim until she's a few years old, but still: any Japanese brands make kid-sized jeans or jackets? I'd love to get her a Type II from Full Count or Warehouse or something similar, and jeans as well if anybody makes them.

I know Nudie makes both kid and baby-sized jeans and jackets, I think those look quite good, but it'd be even better if I found some Japanese ones. 3Sixteen's kid jeans also look great - though that's more for older kids.

When I worked for Flat Head they had a box of pre-"Lawsuit" arc-and-tab kid-sized 3005s, and now I'm kicking myself for never picking up a pair (or few)...!

Edited by Cold Summer

I started with the intention of dressing my kid in dope kicks and denim, but i soon discovered that there's no genetic denim predisposition, i realised it's my thing, not his, i now encourage him to develop his own tastes rather than follow in footsteps, plus once they get to around 9yrs old they think everything you like is lame af. :D

Congratualtions btw!!!

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Yes congratulations CS and I agree With 00 on the hereditary aspect. I just bought my son another pair of adidas tracksuit bottoms in Sports Direct this afternoon - oh, the shame :blush:

Those Nudie kids jeans are still for sale by the way...

What will the neighbours think...

I like to think ive got dope music knowledge albeit pigeonholed in certain genres, i heard my kid banging out some techno t'other day.. so i said "if you like this..check out such and such" to which he said "what do you know about music dad, you was like, literally born in the 1990's" :D What do you say to that?

You can pick up old JMC & Samurai jeans for 6-12mth olds from Yahoo

teracafecom-img600x450-1452436599ehbf6c29805

Edited by Double 0 Soul

When they're small you can be in danger of dressing them like accessories.. when i used tp drop mini-soul at nursery there was one parent who used to wear a different colour Ralf Lauren Polo shirt every day and match his kid accordingly with the same coloured baby-ralf polo, it used to drive me fucking insane (the mrs and i used to laugh about it) then i realised i was doing the exact same shit albeit from a different style perspective... :blush:

My kids old Kickers from his nursery days.. i bet MJF9 had a pair of these in 1989

IMG_6096

Edited by Double 0 Soul