Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

THis is a subject that I know lildavid must be starting to investigate - cheep is there already.Some will suggest it's sad that if you're a denim nerd you plan to inflict it on your kids - I say, why not start em early!

SO, if you've trakced down any good denim for nippers, post em here. I'll update with a few items later, but thought I'd post this thread now because H&M have the best kids' denim i've seen, period, when you consider the price. I've seen them at the H&M store on Oford St, London, plus the new store in the old Dickes & Jpones on Regent St. Oxford St had only larger sized, 150cm plus; Regent St still has quite a few smaller sizes, mostly around the 105cm size, for 2 or 3 year olds. They're limited edition and have apparently been out three weeks, so grab them now.

WHy so good? Mostly the price: £15, less than the price of getting yer jeans shortened in SoHo.

They come in a nifty bag, proclaiming that they're made of organic cotton:

(Don't ask me why I shot an off-white bag on an off-white background, I can't answer that).

The jeans themselves are a slim but not skinny fit. The detailing is beautiful, chainstitched hems, blank Wranger-style rivets on one corner of the back pockets, conventional rivets elsewhere, and a leather belt patch. The denim is a lovely colour, slightly greencast.

Somewhere I have shots of Sammies, Levi's and Warnglers for kids, I;ll post em later, but do update with yours...

and if you don't have kids, remember that pint-sized vintage is only a fraction of the price of the adult stuff!

samurai.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

Edited by Paul T

great thread!

those h&m's look really nice, gonna have to go to my nearest hm tomorrow :)

I already bought these Cheap monday cinch back ones:

3055855416_3a47ac6d6c.jpg

3055855412_b08bbc0823.jpg

and I've been looking at these Momotaro's too, even though they're really pricey:

m_0876223001220347337.jpg

oh yeah, this picture really cute :)

m_0486223001225963796.jpg

Yay, some great stuff there! WHere do they stock the Cheap Monday?

For the meantime, here's a repost of my nipper in his Sammies.

jeanstesting.jpg

Vintage jacket found in London:

kidsjacket.jpg

kidsjacketdetail.jpg

VIntage Lee found in Toronto, $10..

kidsleejacket.jpg

Plus a piar of Levi's Nevada reissues! Nice detailing but superthin denim that went thru at the knees in about two days (the Sammies lasted, er, around two weeks).

Levis1880jr.jpg

Concur on the H&M denim - my little dude has a couple of pairs. Also a mini pair of Levi's red tab. Nobody can wear-in denim like kids.

I remember a couple of years ago Nudie made a kids edition of the RRDS I think. Anyone else remember that? I'll try and track down some pics.

yeah I remember those nudies, but only prewashed, you're saying they made raw ones too? thats cool :)

We used to stock the cheap monday ones at weekday, but they're sold out, dont know if any other shops that carry cheap monday baby collections...

yeah I remember those nudies, but only prewashed, you're saying they made raw ones too? thats cool :)

We used to stock the cheap monday ones at weekday, but they're sold out, dont know if any other shops that carry cheap monday baby collections...

Ah well. If you happen to see those H&M in a 136cm size (or is it 134) how about a swap for that little vintage jacket?? (I'm in the US, they don't usually have as big a range here, altho I'll check and post if they have them in the Broadway stores)

It looks like so far, the examples have been of people buying for the children/ nieces & nephews.

Anybody here collect them just for kicks? I know that it's a little easier to find deadstock examples of Big E Levi's, for example and they're probably easier to display...

it's the same idea as those size 60 promo jeans they used to produce, except on the other side of the size scale

This thread is making the impending act of making a baby far easier.

You're right, that's what i actually meant...

I'm already looking through the Flat Head children's collection catalog...

Thanks Paul,great thread! went to hm and bought two pairs for my son and daughter,family is now dressed in selvage all around.pics will follow.

This i wanna see. We need to get the average age of Sufu down anyway, people like me are skewing it.

If you happen to see any 136cm please cop us a pair (they only had next size up, 140cm) , I'll pay U back and sort you out w a book or something...

Thanks Paul,great thread! went to hm and bought two pairs for my son and daughter,family is now dressed in selvage all around.pics will follow.

This i wanna see. We need to get the average age of Sufu down anyway, people like me are skewing it.

If you happen to see any 136cm please cop us a pair (they only had next size up, 140cm) , I'll pay U back and sort you out w a book or something...

They had a size 134,I will hava a look on monday if its still there.But price is € 24,99 here in germany,let me know if that is ok for you.

A couple people asked if there was any update on the sammies. WHich points out a huge problem with kids' denim, the little buggers grow out of them in a couple of months.

I remember now mine complained about them, said they were too stiff, I probably had a tantrum until he relented.

The sammies nonethless look cool, you don;t get whiskering but they do hold their indigo up against washes and they crock quite quickly so you get great knee and pocket fades. And of course you get plenty of practice patching knees.

samurai.jpg