usa :: boston :: general

Argyle

I think a thread of where to shop, where to meet singles, where to meet random people and things to do in Boston should be in one thread.

Boston is a pretty small city plus it makes it easier.

Basically just post some stuff i'll edit this first page with the items. Here is an example.

WHERE TO SHOP

NEWBURY STREET

-KarmaLoop

-Riccardi's

-H&M

-Louis

-Zara's

-Ralph Lauren

-Nike Factory

-Johnny Cupcake's

-Burberry

PRUDENTIAL MALL/COPLEY PLACE

-Lacoste

-LV

-Coach

-Barney's

HARVARD SQUARE

-Concepts

-The Tannery

-American Apparel Two Locations

WHERE TO MEET SINGLES

-NO CLUE SOMEONE POST A PLACE

WHERE TO HANG OUT

-POST SOME PLACES

WHERE TO PARTY

-POST SOME PLACES

Bodega does suck...and the clientele they get isnt really my cup of tea...lots of loud kids and bright tees...hah I should check out Bilzerian when I go back to school up there this Sunday...I don't know how I've missed it before. Thanks for the tip.

Also, I think there was at least one pretty good army/navy surplus place in downtown crossing if anyone is interested in that kind of stuff....sorry if that was a really obvious place to point out hah

I updated the original thread, stating some stores off the top of my head.

I am glad some people are showing interest, if more people do I will keep getting more specific, stating price ranges, brands etc, to help people.

As you can see categories like, where to party, where to meet singles etc. I left blank, I am in the city for school been here for like a year and a half and honestly don't know of many places unless you randomly walk onto a college campus.

So if anyone knows where post it up, also state kind of what the place is like. For instance if it is for people 21 and older or younger and the type of groups etc. So people know what to expect.

yeah the barneys, allan bilzerian, and stel's are the only places that carry jawnz in boston as far as i know. those are the only places i visit.

there are also a couple stores on newburry that carry streetwear like original fake, bbc, and all that crap. i forget the name tho.

don't forget johnny cupcakes

my ex-roommate's boyfriend (gay) used to sport that.

big lulz

ew, no offense to anyone who likes Johnny Cupcakes, but i cant stand that brand. Every shirt is practically the same.

I'll update it though, also forgot about the Ralph Lauren store, although it is extremely pretentious and pricey.

no lie when johnny cupcakes first opened I bought like two hoodies and a tee and it was fresh...but it got old quick. and...I hate to clutter the thread with my worthless comments, but Boston makes me appreciate being home in NYC so much more than when I was in high school in Queens hah.

No matter what your opinion of the company the owner of Johnny Cupcakes is a marketing genius because tweens all over America eat that shit up and he has a store in LA. Speaking of eating up, check out the Otherside for food (carnivores, herbivores, it's all good) beer, sandwiches, nachos, whatever. It's sort of across the street from the end of Newbury St where Urban is, haha weak directions sorry.

The other side is totally weak. I ate there before and was very unimpressed with their crappy, overpriced food. Do yourself a favor and go to the north end.

No mention of cambridge on here yet that I have seen. Concepts isn't bad if you're into the sneaker thing. They carry visvim and used to stock some stone island (not sure if they still do). The Tannery's clothing store is decent too, but sucks by NY or LA standards. As does most of boston actually.

Does Boston have anything positive going?

I've had seafood there but I think RI had it better.

Most of classmates, with exceptions including myself and some californians, are from the CT, MA, and upstate NY areas.

They keep raving about the "beantown" but it seems to be nothing more

than just another sucktown.

So much hate for Boston, I know it's no NYC but shit, no love for the Bean.

Does Boston have anything positive going?

I've had seafood there but I think RI had it better.

Most of classmates, with exceptions including myself and some californians, are from the CT, MA, and upstate NY areas.

They keep raving about the "beantown" but it seems to be nothing more

than just another sucktown.

RI had better seafood? GTFO, you obviously don't know where to go up in the MA/ME area.

I wouldn't rave about Boston, but I would acknowledge its a cool city. Being in Boston is a lot more fun than anywhere else in MA, so usually the residents hype it up.

when i say portland, the retards in the area think im referring to portland, ME.

it sucks

yea, Boston gets hyped up as a smart city, but really besides the foreign college kids, people in the area are dumb.

But also I can see why someone would think of a city only a state away.

So to those that actually are in MA/Boston. What do you do, where do you live?

I'm currently a college student, need to find where the girls are besides some of the trashy clubs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Concepts in Harvard Sq. has been exploding lately with limited releases and they're even getting a drop of those butt-ugly Air Yeezy's soon.

Also, there's been a bunch of streetwear boutiques popping up in Allston, but I haven't had time to check em' out yet.

herpsky, if you had better seafood in RI, you're doing it wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone live here? know any good tattoo parlors or shopping destination?

I'm heading out there next week to visit my brother but he's going to be in school the whole time so i have between monday - thursday to experience Boston.

hows the night life scene?

btw I work at Barneys New York so i'll probably be spending most of my day shopping there if anyone want to come.

• 4 months later...

I'm thinking of taking a trip down to boston tomorrow.

Is Wrentham Village Premium Outlets worth visiting?

Since it's owned by the company that owns woodbury in NY, I can already feel that it sucks balls.

Besides Barneys, Stehl's, bodega, and karmaloop (fail - i know but i need some vans vaults), anything else worth checking out?

boston sucked (for shopping anyway). this was my second time visiting...

Went to a japanese restaurant in Brookline. I think it was called Shiki.

A++. Will go again.

I picked up keychains, totebags, and whatnot for my jbeezys

that's it