sufu starcraft threak

homi29

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been keeping up - only really managed to catch the fruitdealer games against fake boxer and some of the real boxer games. Real vs. Fake would be pretty funny - haven't caught all of the fake boxer games but from the two first ones I watched he does seem to be pretty good.

if you have to watch one game to realize how good foxer really is, watch game 1 vs. Kyrix

http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens2/vod/1262

kid's 17 and made all the previous top players from gsl1 look like bronze leaguers.. fruitdealer, rainbow, sangho/babybyebye all got ripped apart by his marine play. rooting for him to be the first sc2 bonjwa

terran

TvT i've just been 4rax marine pushing cause i can't stand tank viking 45~ minute games where both players split the map in half. sometimes 1-1-1 banshee if the spawns are far

TvP 1-1-1 banshee harass into a raven/marine/marauder push.. usually transition to viking/MMM from there vs. colossus or ghost/MMM vs. HT

TvZ depends on the map.. i've been doing hellion drops lately but they haven't gone too well so i might go back to tank/marine timing push adding thors for mutas

Agreed, was good until the viewers hit 10000 and above. Then when the game started, I was watching it like 20 frames per minute, totally impossible for me to watch or understand the match. Thanks for posting the live stream anyway. At least i manage to see who wins as all the viewers left and the view count hits lesser than 10000, the stream was smooth again.

• 2 weeks later...

wow the finals were only like a week ago?

anyway... *spoiler*

nestea wrecked foxer.. played pretty flawlessly and foxer's marine pushes didn't do too much. overall i wasn't as entertained as watching fruitdealer's epic journey through gsl1 but gsl2 had some good storylines (foxer, boxer/nada, zenio/idra)

gsl3 is already underway.. nada/tester didn't qualify, rainbow is out in ro64, julyzerg is in ro32

as for next year's tournies

List of players who have achieved Code S

1. TSL_FruitDealer

2. IMNesTea

3. ST_HopeTorture

4. BoxeRPrime

5. oGsEnsnare

6. SlayerSBoxeR

7. NEXLiveForever

8. oGsInCa

9. MakaPrime

10. oGsZenio

11. HongUnPrime

12. NsP_Genius

13. KyrixZenith

14. TSL_sSKS

15. oGsNada

16. CheckPrime

17. EGIdrA

18. oGsTheWinD

19. oGsHyperdub

20. TSL_Clide

Alright guys. I've been playing about a two weeks and have been watching the HDStarcraft/Day9 videos for about a month. I started out really bad...like 5 and 15. Then I went on run of 15 and 2. Now I've lost my last 4 games in a row even though I've been scouting, macroing effectively, trying to counter my opponents strategy.

What's wrong? If I can't beat these people in the Bronze league then what? How do I get out of this slump?

In short, play more.

When you have been playing often and still suck, it can only mean one thing, that whatever you are doing, you are doing it wrong.

Do note the better players lose too. Losing is not the end, it only means you got certain areas you need to improve. It's hard to get you out of bronze league if you have not given information on how you lose. By right, scout and macro is sufficient for you to get out of bronze league.

If it's team game and you lose a lot, probably your ally sucks. If it's 1v1 and you lose a lot. . . , well. . . , it means you.

Yeah, but I do get inspirations from videos of others.

The first month was a slow month as I am trying to be familiar with the units and buildings through custom games (the dreaded Arakan Citadel). I wasn't that bad as I have some Star Craft knowledge. I gained my confidence and proceeded to ladder games, I still lost often but always managed to even the score, equal wins, equal loses. It's the "after one month" phase that I started having this habit of watching replays and reading build orders and graph. This seemed to be good habits to keep, especially if you are one who really is passionate about the game and wants to excel in it.

(I am a 1v1 gold and 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 platinum)

Ro8

December 6, 2010 7pm KST[local]

(Z)NesTea vs (T)TSL_Rain

Maps: Lost Temple, Steppes of War, Shakuras Plateau, Blistering Sands, Xel'Naga Caverns

(Z)FruitDealer vs (P)HongUnPrime.WE

Maps: Steppes of War, Scrap Station, Shakuras Plateau, Lost Temple, Blistering Sands

December 7, 2010 7pm KST

(T)MarineKingPrime.WE vs (P)oGsMC

Maps: Lost Temple, Delta Quadrant, Blistering Sands, Jungle Basin, Shakuras Plateau

(T)TLAF-Liquid`Jinro vs (P)choyafOu

Maps: Steppes of War, Xel'Naga Caverns, Metalopolis, Delta Quadrant, Blistering Sands

nestea, fruitdealer, foxer and jinro being the fan favourites for sure

gsl1 champion, gsl2 champion, gsl2 finalist and the strongest foreign player in the gsl could all possibly advance. also the racial balance in the ro8 is pretty good... the protoss are all really strong solid players. lots of void ray play lately especially in PvZ

also

2m6jw1z.jpg

leenock pooped a bit. what the hell can zerg even do to that spread

HhHAhh very entertaining. "tahhh meng ahhh" LOLOL

In other news, this is the winner of the Electronic Sports League Female SC2 Cup:

Linda-Liao-Pei-Ling-2.jpg

38097413509103963255466.jpg

sUPf7VaaOMQ

not bad + she can kick my ass at SC2. nerd heaven

From another thread but it's StarCraft 2! I want to see more female players!

well, looks like we either got a P or T champion coming up

HongUn vs. Rain

MC vs. Jinro (teamkill ogsliquid)

bo7.. most people cheering for HongUn vs. Jinro finals. not looking forward to a Toss mirror match final which is more likely though unless Jinro pulls something out of his ass. MC has some near flawless play as does HongUn

Rain vs. MC finals on Saturday (3AM est)

when asked about the next match, MC said "very easy". i'm predicting a 4-1 with Rain winning one cheese game

Code S groups

Group A: IMNesTea, MakaPrime.WE, TheBestfOu, PoltPrime.WE

Group B: TSL.FruitDealer, oGsZenio, IMmvp, oGsjookTo

Group C: HongUnPrime.WE, SlayerS_`BoxeR`, oGsTheWinD, oGsHyperdub

Group D: TSL.Rain, KyrixZenith, choyafOu, TSL.sSKS

Group E: ST.RainBOw, NsP.Genius, LeenockfOu, AnyproPrime.WE

Group F: oGsMC, oGsInCa, oGsNaDa, sanZenith

Group G: MarineKingPrime.WE, NEXLiveForever, TSL.Clide, LegalMinDZenith

Group H: oGsEnsnare, TLAF-Liquid`Jinro, CheckPrime.WE, EGIdra

if sanZenith gets past Group F even though his play will be getting completely dissected by oGs then props to him. MC Inca and Nada are all strong players.. sucks all three of them are in the same group

D and E look pretty strong as well.. H is gonna be ridiculous (only two foreigners in the same group). i don't see Idra advancing

on that note

yQAe99qwChw

his wine and cheese are proportionate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

been a while, dunno if anyone is keeping up with GSL/sc2

anyway, IMMVP pretty much dummied MarineKing in the last GSL finals 4-0 and IM won the GSL teamleague 5-4 against StarTale

i gotta say, the teamleague ticket is way worth it at $5 and the quality of the games (especially the finals) were really good. GSL's new, larger maps make a big difference in play and hopefully Blizzard implements them into ladder.

oh yeah, protoss 200/200 deathballs roll over everything in bigger maps now

lastly, boxer's new documentary on returning to starcraft (2)

BITD7Evc34I

^ agreed, GSL Team League was so good, absolutely worth the $5.

Biggest rumor going around is that inControl's upcoming "breaking" announcement will be a North American Starcraft League, so psyched.

And with idra having just left the Korean scene, it's almost too good to be true.

May or may not be the countdown to NASL

http://nasl.tv/

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

bringing back this thread again..so much stuff has happened since february lol

bw players have been playing sc2 for a while now and have got me interested in the game again especially with a new season of proleague..no more of that horrible hybrid league. also jaedong is now on EG.

yeah T__T the matchups don't look as refined , especially pvp, but sc2's only been out 2 years. heart of the swarm looks like it'll be good though :D

it's painful to see bisu, stork, and jangbi slump and lose in sc2. jaedong's alright, fantasy's pretty good, and flash is one of the best but it's flash lol