sufu starcraft threak

homi29

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, I got in on SC2 beta and never made it higher than copper league, but thanks for keeping my closet SC2 obsession alive with replays.

nothing else to do at work =)

Cwk5rugCzwc

he's back. best be saying ggyo to the emperor.

GSL season 2 airs tonight(tomorrow?) @ 6AMest or something.. vods should be up tomorrow

you can purchase a ticket to watch the new season in 720p for $20. $30 gives you access to the old season as well..

its all on gomtv site

http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens2/

or if you private message me i can hook you up.

edit:

i watched fruitdealer vs. butterflyeffectzenith game1..

1. IU does the voice for the names now so they don't have to do this

WXDdJErUZ0U

or this (but lee hyun joo is too cute)

rzK6PKfODes

2. fruitdealer is too fucking good.. this dude tried to cheese the shit out of him by double proxy raxing his ramp and got a face full of fruit instead

man HD and husky are some shitty commentators

Come on, are they really that shitty? They spent time to do something that they're passionate about and share it with the world.

Come on, are they really that shitty? They spent time to do something that they're passionate about and share it with the world.

in terms of learning any actual strategy and reading the players.. yes they are pretty bad

props to them for sticking with what they're doing though

in terms of learning any actual strategy and reading the players.. yes they are pretty bad

ForceSC2Strategy covers some useful builds.

really? that's like criticizing sports commentators for not telling you how to get better at the game. that's not their job.

HD/Husky and Day9 are two different types of commentators. HD and Husky are there to entertain. Day9 and ForceSC2 are their to educate. Can't really say HD/Husky are "bad" at commentating, they're just catering to a different audience. Apples to oranges, etc.

really? that's like criticizing sports commentators for not telling you how to get better at the game. that's not their job.

HD/Husky and Day9 are two different types of commentators. HD and Husky are there to entertain. Day9 and ForceSC2 are their to educate. Can't really say HD/Husky are "bad" at commentating, they're just catering to a different audience. Apples to oranges, etc.

im not gonna touch on sports vs. real time strategy video game.. even after you use the apples to oranges analogy. if you're the person that values play-by-play commentary in a strategy game then i completely understand why you enjoy hd/husky

but both HD and Husky aren't on a level of understanding the game as much as tasteless/artosis/day9.. it really shows when you see them miss drops or proxies. here's a prime example at the end of this game

Xylh-BIhQpU

yeahhhhhhhhh... uhhhhhh.... let's seee..... yeahh.... that explains it... yeah... they got their cause of the dropship... yeah i see.... AND I WILL SEE YOU GUYSSSSSSS --- NEXT TIME!

they're entertaining i'll give them that.. but one of the things i can't stand is listening to someone commentate when they have a worse idea of what's going on than i do. there's a very good reason that blizzcon and gsl hires tastosis/day9 to do their commentary instead of hdhusky.

the tastosis9 commentary is too good

_gtbBJ9m6MY

In part 2 of the game, one of the commentator also said, "where is his army, where are actually all the zerg units?" These are professional gamers and we're not actually looking at the gamer's point of view. Look at how they multitask, actions get missed at times.

I really appreciate the videos from youtube that you're posting as I have been following. Would just like to say that we're humans and people do make mistake (overlooking in this case). I just find your remark a little too harsh. Oh well, can't please everyone but at least I am pleased.

Look on the bright side, we share a common passion towards this awesome sequel.

im not gonna touch on sports vs. real time strategy video game.. even after you use the apples to oranges analogy. if you're the person that values play-by-play commentary in a strategy game then i completely understand why you enjoy hd/husky

but both HD and Husky aren't on a level of understanding the game as much as tasteless/artosis/day9.. it really shows when you see them miss drops or proxies. here's a prime example at the end of this game

yeahhhhhhhhh... uhhhhhh.... let's seee..... yeahh.... that explains it... yeah... they got their cause of the dropship... yeah i see.... AND I WILL SEE YOU GUYSSSSSSS --- NEXT TIME!

they're entertaining i'll give them that.. but one of the things i can't stand is listening to someone commentate when they have a worse idea of what's going on than i do. there's a very good reason that blizzcon and gsl hires tastosis/day9 to do their commentary instead of hdhusky.

the tastosis9 commentary is too good

too good? i honestly don't see a huge gap in the quality of replays between them. yeah, they add some commentary about strategy. most of the stuff you'd already know if you actually play the game. it's really not that hard to figure out. "oh look fruitdealer is going 14hatch". cool, i knew that already because i've watched 5-6 other fruitdealer games casted by HD/Husky. to be honest most of the time it doesn't matter if they miss stuff. you should be able to watch it yourself and figure out what's going on. if you need someone to hold your hand and analyze every single action taking place in the game that says a lot about you as well.

i'm not arguing that day9/crew have a higher level of understanding of the game. this, however, doesn't mean everyone else is shit. what I really like about HD/Husky is they cast a lot of games, all in their free time while they aren't getting paid or sponsored to do so. day9/crew easily put out half as many casts as either HD or Husky alone. and the more videos you watch, the more you start to notice without the commentator actually have to point it out.

i love day9 and watch him pretty regularly, but do you really need an hour+ to explain how important scouting is or expanding while pressuring the opponent is? those are things you should have already figured out if you've played more than 50 games. day9 and crew are good for newbs who still getting their feet wet and are still trying to learn basic strategy/tactics. after a while though, it's much better to watch pro replays or actually play the game yourself if you want to get better. and I'd much rather watch a 20min video cast by HD/Husky and figure out for myself what they did well/bad than watch an hour long video by day9 telling me.

im not talking about the day9 newbie/fun games where he's explaining basic stuff.. moreso the casts where he's with someone like qxc or explaining a higher level game

im just saying, day9/tasteless/artosis are better commentators. i used to watch alot of husky/hd but eventually i stopped because as i was watching i realized i have a better idea of what's going on than either of them. props to them for doing a lot of casts but i personally can't stand their play-by-play style

i value analysis over someone telling me what's going on (and sometimes missing what's going on). artosis has a ridiculous amount of knowledge of the game plus i believe tastosis is a more entertaining duo as well.

OKbBim0gapM

im not talking about the day9 newbie/fun games where he's explaining basic stuff.. moreso the casts where he's with someone like qxc or explaining a higher level game

im just saying, day9/tasteless/artosis are better commentators. i used to watch alot of husky/hd but eventually i stopped because as i was watching i realized i have a better idea of what's going on than either of them. props to them for doing a lot of casts but i personally can't stand their play-by-play style

i value analysis over someone telling me what's going on (and sometimes missing what's going on). artosis has a ridiculous amount of knowledge of the game plus i believe tastosis is a more entertaining duo as well.

OKbBim0gapM

lol is this a joke? "OMG FUNGAL GROWTH ON THE MARINES!!" like thats never been done before!!!! any half decent zerg player should know how good fungals are vs. bioball. to be honest i watched the GSL finals and thought they had some shitty commentators before i even knew who artosis/tasteless were. all they do is spout silly puns while stating some obvious tactics as if they were groundbreaking or something. and they're better than HD/husky how?

lol is this a joke? "OMG FUNGAL GROWTH ON THE MARINES!!" like thats never been done before!!!! any half decent zerg player should know how good fungals are vs. bioball. to be honest i watched the GSL finals and thought they had some shitty commentators before i even knew who artosis/tasteless were. all they do is spout silly puns while stating some obvious tactics as if they were groundbreaking or something. and they're better than HD/husky how?

u watched the gsl finals and thought that fruitdealer's playstyle wasn't groundbreaking when he was the only zerg that could do it? the ledge defending on kulas/LT..??

im done arguing with you cause you don't really bring up anything to back your opinion.. maybe "shitty" was a harsh word to use but there's a reason that tastosis are casting for a living and hdhusky are casting for paypal donations