sufu starcraft threak

homi29

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woke up about noon today and played campaign until right now. Anyone know of any good sites / guides, etc... before I jump online? Because I can't do the like 'basic' challenges and I was even pretty good at the original (in relation to human beings I knew in real life / could win about 1 of every 3 online games or so).

yea huskystarcraft, HDstarcraft and day[9] are what i've been watching. on one hand it's cool, because i literally have no experience with SC1 and RTS in general, so i'm soaking in a ton of information, but at the same time, i'm almost afraid to go online because i think everyone will be that good lol.

I woke up about noon today and played campaign until right now. Anyone know of any good sites / guides, etc... before I jump online? Because I can't do the like 'basic' challenges and I was even pretty good at the original (in relation to human beings I knew in real life / could win about 1 of every 3 online games or so).

In addition to the HD starcraft / Husky starcraft commentaries, which contain a lot of good information, check out the forums at teamliquid.net as well as their wiki, liquipedia. Also they're a bit longer but if you google Day9 he's got some pretty good in depth commentary. He has a couple episodes dedicated to Whitera analysis which I found useful.

Hey Servo, try looking at this website, http://www.gamershell.com/faqs/starcraftiiwingsoflibertyachievementguide/%201.00/, I managed to complete some of the hard achievements reading from this guide. Hope it helps :D

Anyway, I'm from the SEA server. Anyone add to play some games together? Name Trim, Usercode 225

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nice man...i just got into gold (=i'm a noob) but i feel like getting better lately.

what are your thoughts on the patch?

talking about this?

Maps
- Destructible Rocks have been added to the natural expansions of Desert Oasis, and the center has been narrowed.
- Various ladder maps have been added.
General
- Ground Units of type Psionic now have vision in the air plane.
Protoss
- Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38 seconds.
- Zealot warp-in cooldown increased from 23 to 28 seconds.
- Warp Prisms now unload their cargo instantly while in Phasing Mode.
- Chronoboost cooldown increased from 0 to 20 seconds.
- Dark Shrine build time decreased from 100 to 80.
- Dark Shrine cost decreased from 100 minerals 250 gas to 100 minerals 200 gas.
- Carrier cost increased from 350 minerals 250 gas to 400 minerals 250 gas.
- Carriers now spawn with four Interceptors prebuilt.
Terran
- Reaper build time increased from 40 to 45 seconds.
- Bunker build time increased from 30 to 35 seconds.
- Siege Mode damage decreased from 50 to 35, +15 armored.
- Siege Mode damage upgrades per level changed from +5 to +3, +2 vs. armored.
- Battlecruiser damage vs. ground decreased from 10 to 8.
- Calldown MULE cooldown increased from 0 to 40 seconds.
- Planetary Fortress build time decreased from 50 to 40 seconds.
- 250 mm Cannons research time decreased from 110 to 80 seconds.
- 250 mm Cannons cost decreased from 150 minerals 150 gas to 100 minerals 100 gas.
- 250 mm Cannons may now be used on friendly and neutral structures and units.
Zerg
- Ultralisk damage decreased from 15, +25 vs. armored to 15, +20 vs. armored.
- Ultralisk Ram attack removed.
- Nydus Worms can now be cancelled and refunded while building.
- Overlord base speed increased to from 0.469 to 0.938.
- Overlord upgraded speed increase from 1.875 to 2.344.
- Overlords can now use Excrete Creep while moving.
- Overlord base speed now decreases from 0.938 to 0.469 while Excrete Creep is active.
- Overlord upgraded speed now decreased from 2.344 to 1.875 while Excrete Creep is active.
- Spawn Larvae energy cost reduced to 20 from 25.
Bugfixes
- Fixed a bug that caused cloaked units to cast shadows.
- Fixed a bug where Larva would sometimes accidently die by walking off cliffs.
- Fixed a bug where a Nuclear Strike target could be hid behind a Lair.
- Fixed a bug that allowed SCVs to construct halted buildings from within Bunkers.
- Fixed a netcode bug that enabled players to warp in Immortals from Warp Gates.
- Fixed a bug that caused Random players to not see their cursor during the loading screen.
-  Fixed a bug where Changelings morphed slower while coming into range of  enemy units than when dropped from an Overseer over enemy units.
General
- Improved the functionality of voice chat.
- Manually queued waypoints can now be set to all 5 basic commands.
- Numerous performance and stability improvements.

there's alot of discussion about how these patch notes are fake because of some of the grammar and pure pointlessness in some of the changes so I'll wait until thursday before i start bitching about my imbalanced terran race getting nerfed

people are still adjusting the metagame.. already you see alot of unique strategies and styles emerging from korean GSL that no one has used before and blizzard usually understands that so they won't do anything super drastic until you see everyone in GSL winning using one strategy (ex: mass druids of the talon in wc3 for elf)

nice man...i just got into gold (=i'm a noob) but i feel like getting better lately.

what are your thoughts on the patch?

talking about this?

Maps
- Destructible Rocks have been added to the natural expansions of Desert Oasis, and the center has been narrowed.
- Various ladder maps have been added.
General
- Ground Units of type Psionic now have vision in the air plane.
Protoss
- Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38 seconds.
- Zealot warp-in cooldown increased from 23 to 28 seconds.
- Warp Prisms now unload their cargo instantly while in Phasing Mode.
- Chronoboost cooldown increased from 0 to 20 seconds.
- Dark Shrine build time decreased from 100 to 80.
- Dark Shrine cost decreased from 100 minerals 250 gas to 100 minerals 200 gas.
- Carrier cost increased from 350 minerals 250 gas to 400 minerals 250 gas.
- Carriers now spawn with four Interceptors prebuilt.
Terran
- Reaper build time increased from 40 to 45 seconds.
- Bunker build time increased from 30 to 35 seconds.
- Siege Mode damage decreased from 50 to 35, +15 armored.
- Siege Mode damage upgrades per level changed from +5 to +3, +2 vs. armored.
- Battlecruiser damage vs. ground decreased from 10 to 8.
- Calldown MULE cooldown increased from 0 to 40 seconds.
- Planetary Fortress build time decreased from 50 to 40 seconds.
- 250 mm Cannons research time decreased from 110 to 80 seconds.
- 250 mm Cannons cost decreased from 150 minerals 150 gas to 100 minerals 100 gas.
- 250 mm Cannons may now be used on friendly and neutral structures and units.
Zerg
- Ultralisk damage decreased from 15, +25 vs. armored to 15, +20 vs. armored.
- Ultralisk Ram attack removed.
- Nydus Worms can now be cancelled and refunded while building.
- Overlord base speed increased to from 0.469 to 0.938.
- Overlord upgraded speed increase from 1.875 to 2.344.
- Overlords can now use Excrete Creep while moving.
- Overlord base speed now decreases from 0.938 to 0.469 while Excrete Creep is active.
- Overlord upgraded speed now decreased from 2.344 to 1.875 while Excrete Creep is active.
- Spawn Larvae energy cost reduced to 20 from 25.
Bugfixes
- Fixed a bug that caused cloaked units to cast shadows.
- Fixed a bug where Larva would sometimes accidently die by walking off cliffs.
- Fixed a bug where a Nuclear Strike target could be hid behind a Lair.
- Fixed a bug that allowed SCVs to construct halted buildings from within Bunkers.
- Fixed a netcode bug that enabled players to warp in Immortals from Warp Gates.
- Fixed a bug that caused Random players to not see their cursor during the loading screen.
-  Fixed a bug where Changelings morphed slower while coming into range of  enemy units than when dropped from an Overseer over enemy units.
General
- Improved the functionality of voice chat.
- Manually queued waypoints can now be set to all 5 basic commands.
- Numerous performance and stability improvements.

there's alot of discussion about how these patch notes are fake because of some of the grammar and pure pointlessness in some of the changes so I'll wait until thursday before i start bitching about my imbalanced terran race getting nerfed

people are still adjusting the metagame.. already you see alot of unique strategies and styles emerging from korean GSL that no one has used before and blizzard usually understands that so they won't do anything super drastic until you see everyone in GSL winning using one strategy (ex: mass druids of the talon in wc3 for elf)

well patch is out.. just some subtle changes (good for blizzard to not fuck up the metagame yet)

that TLO vs. dimaga game is nuts.. but im disappointed he didn't switch to mech or put up more expos.. TLO had a lot of map control with his air and dimaga wouldn't have ran his mass queens for an attack if he expanded.. then a switch to mech and he would've been good

idra vs. lotzeprime.. **SPOILERS** (sry for quality too) idra went through lotze's match history and checked build orders on LT.. he saw fast robo colossus all in and made a mass roach expo build to counter it.. so lotze fakes the build (fake robos and everything) and proxies a stargate with 3 void rays.. smart ass play

zstf0TTIVBQ

oh and here's a good site to watch GSL with brackets/schedules

http://www.youplayoff.com/playoff/234/2010+TG+Sambo+Intel+Starcraft+II+Open+Season+1

next matches aren't until the end of this week cause of the patch.. looking forward to check vs. rainbow the most

edit: cause of chuseok actually... coincidence that it gives them time to adjust i guess

i watch em during work too, but without sound

TvT oGsTheSTC vs. Jordan

DMahUCOf7_U

***SPOILERS***

fast expo -> BC rush while dropping mules to repair them.. pretty dirty

TvP oGsTheSTC vs. oGsIron

Y9nyyoMTJ-4

***SPOILERS***

factory drop is such a good move against toss, really hinders them as you pump hellions to harass while attacking with MM.. then the transition into banshees puts you so ahead

recent one that i thought was badass.

ravens vid

yeah that other terran was straight tarded though... derp let's make siege tank against ravens

anyway GSL is in Quarterfinals now.. gonna make some preds

NEXLiveForever (T) vs. MakaPrime (T)

Maka hasn't dropped a map yet and he looks really strong. Check this proxy Ghost Academy play..

k3kHeW84RrU

CoolTSL (Z) vs. oGsInca (P)

Cool is definitely the best current Zerg player.. his Overlord Drop -> 10 Ultralisk explosion is fuckin insane. Already beat the best oGs player so I don't think Inca will be able to win.

wO296AqO8yk

sSKS (P) vs. HopeTorture (T)

Tester vs. Rainbow for those who don't know.. This is probably my favourite set to look forward to, it's gonna go to 3 maps for sure. Tester just seems to be in amazing shape - just watch his micro in this last battle against Hyperdub..

Zs-_K_nXyf0

oGsEnsnare (T) vs. HongUnPrime

More oGs vs. Prime action.. Ensnare's been playing pretty perfectly but this is one of the weaker matchups IMO.