whats your fucking problem?

keagan

I couldn't afford a car so I named my daughter Alexis.

you at that stage huh

you got a tough road ahead of you kid...pretty soon your friend will be showing you pics of his kids, and all you got in exchange are pics of your cribs. He will show you said kids' brand new report cards, and all YOU got are pitiful pics of your brand new sports cars. You gonna go so far off the deep end that Dad could be crackin jokes and make all the kids laugh, but shit my man, you ain't gonna hear that all the way up in first class.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
I hate Kanye but Ilike some of his muzak!

u like the beats he produced? the beats he rapping over he didn't produced? or u r like certain songs on his records?

can't believe he wanted to intern for raf.

u like the beats he produced? the beats he rapping over he didn't produced? or u r like certain songs on his records?

can't believe he wanted to intern for raf.

I've never had the play-sure of hearing Kanye West's posturing, ahem, I mean "music." I've only really been able to see a few bits and pieces of how he behaves in front of a camera and thankfully not while eating.

With that said, why do I get the overwhelming feeling that this person, who the media tries to shovel down my throat, suckseggsrealbad?

Guest jmatsu
I've never had the play-sure of hearing Kanye West's posturing, ahem, I mean "music." I've only really been able to see a few bits and pieces of how he behaves in front of a camera and thankfully not while eating.

With that said, why do I get the overwhelming feeling that this person, who the media tries to shovel down my throat, suckseggsrealbad?

i don't really like him either, but i can't say i've actually sat down and listened to his shit...gave it a fair chance that is.

I have pretty bad self-image issues, entirely too negative, am extremely self-conscious, and far too self-deprecating. All contributed to losing my last girl, so things got knocked into prospective - my new years resolution is to fix these things about myself. I don't really hold grudges, but sometimes I can come off as an elitist as well.

I realized that I do this thing where I subconsciously start mimicking nuances of people's voices or laughs after I've been around them for a while.

This worries me because I've never been called on it, but I'm sure a lot of people have noticed and been bothered by it.

And as of late, I am unable to go to sleep or wake up at a reasonable hour. When my alarm goes off at, say, noon, my brain starts working incredibly fast to come up with excuses for me to stay in bed until 5, and always wins.

I will return to this thread.

this thread is a good read

socially awkward.......i never feel like talking....i hate talking.........

im a loner,

but thats not a 'fucking problem' i guess,

im an elitist about clothing+music

i think a lot of people should be sterilized

........ look forward to dying

I realized that I do this thing where I subconsciously start mimicking nuances of people's voices or laughs after I've been around them for a while.

This worries me because I've never been called on it, but I'm sure a lot of people have noticed and been bothered by it.

And as of late, I am unable to go to sleep or wake up at a reasonable hour. When my alarm goes off at, say, noon, my brain starts working incredibly fast to come up with excuses for me to stay in bed until 5, and always wins.

I will return to this thread.

This happened to me a lot this past semester because since I'm from Connecticut, we have no accent, and by being surrounded by some of the ugliest accents you'll ever hear, I pick up on them and begin to talk like them, without realizing it. It gets worse when I'm drunk or on my way to becoming drunk because then I come off even more snarky and impressionistic.

I'm sure tons of people hate me just based on that.

I'm an elitist when it comes to music and I have no tolerance for "bands" or theater majors.

Also,

I'm too beautiful for my own good.

I have pretty bad self-image issues, entirely too negative, am extremely self-conscious, and far too self-deprecating. All contributed to losing my last girl, so things got knocked into prospective - my new years resolution is to fix these things about myself. I don't really hold grudges, but sometimes I can come off as an elitist as well.
people tell me I'm an elitist on occasion

but fuck that

I tell it how it is

this thread is a good read

socially awkward.......i never feel like talking....i hate talking.........

im a loner,

but thats not a 'fucking problem' i guess,

im an elitist about clothing+music

i think a lot of people should be sterilized

........ look forward to dying

People are talking about cultural elitism here. Mine is musical like many of you.

This is something I've racked my brain about on occasion but, honestly, that accusation never bothered me but rather felt like a compliment.

I've always been disgusted by people who find credibility through subscribing to, what they feel to be, esoteric interests for trading card's sake. Like people who make it a point to collect a lot of vinyl. In my case I never take a person seriously who subscribes to vocal forms or social (band) forms as means of projecting a vibrant musicality. These forms are naturally weak and use sound to help compensate for the spoken word. In this right I'm an Musical Absolutist. That stance finds itself under attack, mostly from those who embrace the visual arts as more honest than abstract sound or those who champion literary forms. I never felt as much from visual art as I do from sound. Because of this, I tend not to give to shits about visual art. I don't follow it, I never have. I don't really care much about it. Most visual artists don't know shit about sound and music. They subscribe to a few critics darlings or default to jazz and claim musicality. I can go on about that for hours. They need to get lost.

I hate that shit, too.

Anyway, being an elitist is a good thing as long as elitism and the esoteric were not your initial goals.

i hate myself and i want to die.

(who said it people?)

um..for the record this was supposed to be a joke.

and this was the title of a nirvana song....so kurt cobain said it.

so i guess my real problem is i use jokes to avoid intimacy and dealing with real emotions. nah just kiddin', its heroin.

People are talking about cultural elitism here. Mine is musical like many of you.

This is something I've racked my brain about on occasion but, honestly, that accusation never bothered me but rather felt like a compliment.

I've always been disgusted by people who find credibility through subscribing to, what they feel to be, esoteric interests for trading card's sake. Like people who make it a point to collect a lot of vinyl. In my case I never take a person seriously who subscribes to vocal forms or social (band) forms as means of projecting a vibrant musicality. These forms are naturally weak and use sound to help compensate for the spoken word. In this right I'm an Musical Absolutist. That stance finds itself under attack, mostly from those who embrace the visual arts as more honest than abstract sound or those who champion literary forms. I never felt as much from visual art as I do from sound. Because of this, I tend not to give to shits about visual art. I don't follow it, I never have. I don't really care much about it. Most visual artists don't know shit about sound and music. They subscribe to a few critics darlings or default to jazz and claim musicality. I can go on about that for hours. They need to get lost.

I hate that shit, too.

Anyway, being an elitist is a good thing as long as elitism and the esoteric were not your initial goals.

See, my supposed "elitism" stems from the fact that my first reaction to most things is negative. Plenty of times it is musical, but it can exist on many levels and apply to many things. I've made an effort in the last couple months when meeting people to minimize this aspect of my personality. I'm far more 'relaxed' now than I used to be about it, but I still sometimes come off as one due to my snobbiness about yes, music. It's not even about that esoteric shit, I just like what i like and am forceful about how I like it.

Tell me more

so solo-instrumental music only?

Social musics work as social forms, in my opinion. Its relative. All social forms require restraint and compensation. Its like any conversation. To me, bad social music is like a conversation where people sit around talking about themselves, often trying to persuade people that they're "like this" or "like that" or embellishing their own personality traits only to seem more interesting. We've all witnessed such conversations and I try to remove myself from them.

I try to remove myself from too much exposure to superficial and contact lens-shallow musics, and I find far too much of that in social musics.

Solitary compositional forms, which are entirely new due to electronic musics, have the potential to express honesty. Visual art might have had a valid argument against musical absolutism in that right before our time, but that argument has been rendered impotent due to electronic compositional forms. Because of musics natural ability to structure abstract expressions and utilize time, the anti-absolute argument is very dead and i'm surprised that people might still cling to it.

Now, I say solitary compositional forms and people might say, "well, what about traditional musical composition? classical and modern?"

There were middlemen. Unless one was willing to compose and direct this music he was compromising an awful lot of vision, and even then you had to discipline your players. That can be likened "disciplining" your synthesis but that's too much rambling for this post. I still love many those musics, but I'm far more interested in our newly discovered direct approaches electronically with multitracking.

This all has to do with the Brahms VS Wagner debates on absolutism.

I think I've honed a fairly sensitive bullshit detector so when I listen to what I end feeling to be "bad" music, its usually because I sense dishonesty, often cliche theatrical posturing with far more sexual than creative drive. Often desperate attempts at coloring oneself for credibility or to compensate socially.

We live in a very exciting time musically, its just that great men have yet to correctly utilize its tools. The sound designers show the most promise. And no, I'm not talking about for film and other visual medias, though they're on the right track.

I forgot that you asked specifically about vocal forms.

That's very relative but here goes:

I remember a lecture video of Stockhausen trying to school New York dullards about electronics. The only question that wasn't steeped nonsense was a very good one about whether or not replacing the human brushstroke with electronic "predetermined" physicality would strip the music of its humanity.

Well, things are only as predetermined and cold as you want them to be. There are an infinite number of ways that one can sculpt sound that do, and always have, directly interfaced with a human voltage source in even the most sensitive ways. It's all about how and why you organize those sounds.

The human voice is our most direct and expressive sound source, obviously. Language is a big can of worms here but when you employ language, you're employing a very traditional system. I believe in sociobiology and that many human personality traits are molded genetically. There are some that are not, and language is a biproduct on social discipline. That can be used as a very valid artistic expression if done HONESTLY. It can be a very shallow posturing of ones desired perception if not, and convey their weakness.

Now, if weakness is entertaining to the normals it can become a cherished, timeless piece of work in whichever language medium. Music, film, written word. See: Kinski Uncut by Klaus Kinski ;)

If its entirely lame and hate is the solitary agenda, it can be pathetic novelty at best. See: Anything by Susan Sontag and Mein Kampf

If weakness can be expressed honestly then your name is Knut Hamsun and you're very unique.

Music, though, is organized sound. Sound is sound and sound stands alone. When you mix sound and traditional language you have an alloy that is, in my opinion, weaker than the original metals.

Sorry about this second long rant. I won't do this anymore.

Most of sufu is bonded by their introverted-ness /shyness. Which is probably why their so many witty/sarcastic/hate filled replys.

Which is why i don't seem to belong here. But you make me feel better about my self so carry on.

My problem is that i'm a fucking pimp thats afraid of commitment and i'm to critical with people that i know and i say whats on my mind. With that said if someone does'nt do something right and if i can do it i will "coach" them. Yea i'm one of those guys. I also become overly annoyed by the habits of the people i know very well.

very apathetic and selfish

this. you're a good man, mrip

All these issues being brought up can be overcome it's just people are bullshit lazy motherfuckers who lack motivation and discipline because they are afraid.

If you're shy then fucking talk to people or put yourself in uncomfortable social situations and routinely make attempts to change it.

if you don't attempt to change it then it's not a fucking problem because you probably subconsciously love yourself so much that you've come to accept/integrate these problems into parts of your grandiose self concept, you narcissistic fuckface.

Basically, FIX YOUR FUCKING PROBLEMS INSTEAD OF ACCEPTING THEM.

That being said my problem is giving advice that lacks persuasiveness. This actually is part of a bigger issue that I'm working on that involves being able to "sell" my ideas/thoughts/concepts better, and improve my interpersonal communication skills.