Anyone know of a good peacoat?

theory

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought this double-breasted bad boy from Gieves & Hawkes, pretty pricey stuff, but i figured i'll wear it forever. Classic stuff never goes out of style, and it's worth spending a bit on a nice coat, you can wear it with anything and look good.

marx.gif

Don't think Karl Marx would have approved of the capitalist price tag though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking if anybody has any experience with that HARE coat that was posted on the first page. Or if anybody has any info on the brand and how they normally fit. I think I'm gonna get it from 2000db's japan service, so any info would be appreciated.

looks cool tiranis, what size did you get and what suit size do you normally wear?

and goldengloves. that thing looks perfect. any info on where to pick one up?

Gieves is the only store. I have been trying to find someone who would pick one up or atleast check the price, lol.

goldengloves, That Gieves one is amazing... *drool*

I've ordered mine from Super Rag, love it and get tons of compliments. They still have some in stock. It's the Inapt "Admiral" Peacoat. Shipping is fast, mine arrived within 4 days, and it cost around $220 (canadian) including shipping.

how the hell did you manage to order off of that site? it's all in japanese!

first off this is one of the most unique coats i've seen in a long time. very nice twist...but is that considered a peacoat? if not, what kind of coat is that called?

I don't think it is considered a pea coat, just thought I would throw it in here because Maxwell posted his Gieves coat. I honestly don't know what it would be considered though. Gieves calls it the "Serge" coat, looks military-esque to me.

In that article (from Arena Magazine) it says Gieves was going for thier clothing to seem like armor when worn.

Google Translator is your friend. And they have ordering instructions in English linked somewhere on the first page. But, seriously, just search the forums, it's been explained many times. :)

i've read the threads...but always been frightened to use bid service or something similar (although 2000db seems trustworthy).

thanks for the help, though...i located the english instructions, and it's opened up a whole new world (to spend money...which isn't necessarily a good thing!).

today has been a really cold day

all the sorority girls on campus were either rocking the denali fleece

or pea coats

id just look gay if i wore a pea coat

• 3 weeks later...

Masuerte - have you seen the grey herringbone apc one from this winter? would you consider that a peacoat even? I thought about trying to order one, but the XS sold out before I could find one to try on. The cut looked a little too risky to order without seeing it on. I also had the problem of trying to figure out what to wear with it. It was one of those high difficulty articles of clothing that seemed like it would have been a challenge to balance correctly.

Mickawes - my buddy also has that Uppercut coat...I was jealous at first until I remembered that it looked bad on me when I tried it on at Rolo. Speaking of which, anyone from San Fran know why they never got that above mentioned APC coat? Anyhow Mick, my friends Uppercut coat has started bleeding onto his shirt sleeves, so now he can only wear it with shirts with black cuffs :(. Have you experienced this with yours, or has anyone for that matter with any wool coat (I think the uppercut is wool, correct?)? Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

And to those who own the H&M coats, are any of them from that viktor and rolf line? I always wanted to know how those fit. They sold out pretty quickly in my area from what I understand.

Google Translator is your friend. And they have ordering instructions in English linked somewhere on the first page. But, seriously, just search the forums, it's been explained many times. :)

I was just about to post the same coat. I wan't to order, but I don't know what size, because even though I am tall, my build isn't very slim. Is there a sizing chart or something?

Whats the return policy?

Masuerte - have you seen the grey herringbone apc one from this winter? would you consider that a peacoat even? I thought about trying to order one, but the XS sold out before I could find one to try on. The cut looked a little too risky to order without seeing it on. I also had the problem of trying to figure out what to wear with it. It was one of those high difficulty articles of clothing that seemed like it would have been a challenge to balance correctly.

Ugh I don't think I would like any patterns on my pea... solid colors only and even then anything not black is gonna be highly scrutinized.

I've focused on fit and function for my winter pea-coat search and my expectations have now been elevated to a point where I probably will never find something that satisfies me.

all because of this damned picture (ORIGINALLY POSTED BY DIGITAL DENIM):

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=217202&postcount=50