Anyone know of a good peacoat?

theory

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was the cotton one. I'll go check later in the week.

haha, i went to BR and bought one already..its cotton and it was on sale for 150..fits me perfectly compared to the kenneth cole or burberry pea coats i tried on

DSC01679.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from trying on this amazing Demeulemeester pea coat just awhile ago. It had more tightly spaced buttons than the typical pea, with lapels that button back on the top or 2nd from top buttons depending on how much lapel roll one would want....

It was fairly short and the geometry of the closure was almost riders-jacket like, absoutely beautiful. It was about $1400 though, so it's still at the store waiting for me to get a little crazy. :(

Yeah..got it when they first came out in the H&M store near me. Its very comfortable, but a little on the heavy side. I really like the fit. I believed is 100% wool.

any chance you could post up a picture of the fit? and does h&m have any other peacoats and in other colours? i know they have another style in black for 79. someone posted it on the "recent purchases" thread

...My only gripe about it is that the buttons seem really really loose. I reinforced the ones that get buttoned up, but I think I should do the useless ones too.

Put a shank on the back of the buttons (i.e. on the material behind.) Excepting the really high end companies, hardly anyone does this because of the additional construction costs. It's easy to do by hand, though. This will prevent your buttons from ever falling off.

Uppercut is another cool Vancouver company, btw (the other being W+H and Wings & Horns, blah blah blah. Their stuff for this season has really impressed me. The fit and materials last FW were a little off, imo, but this season, they have put out some fine product, especially for the price.

i looked at the h and m peacoat today, i was 99% about to buy it, then i turned around and looked at the back in the mirror

it has this stupid looking carpenter jeans hook looking thing ight on the back of the neck, and some other stupid detailing that just turned me off of it right away, other than that it fit so fucking nice and felt so good

• 2 weeks later...