pic request : Levis STF 501 , after first wash

homi29

Just looked at these at Fred Meyer for 29.99. I was super tempted to pick up a pair for the hell of it. Pretty damn stiff stuff. Anyways, didn't have anything under a 30 and they were just way too big, saggy all over. Meh, maybe I can find a pair online. I also wouldn't mind seeing some pics of these after a wash or two.

Sorry to have to do this to y'all but i just posted some pictures of canes47s vs levis stf after one wash. the difference is drastic. Here is a link to the page with the picture.

http://sf.connectexpress.com/showthread.php?t=30147&page=1

also the denim may feel stiff before a wash, but it softens up a lot after a single cold wash. There is also a picture somewhere on superfuture comparing the two that i posted some time ago.

Edited by rnrswitch on Dec 31, 2005 at 09:15 PM

I'm impressed. I'm always hearing how the cheap STF's look horrendous and I was worried since I just bought a pair as practice but judging by this and the other STF thread, they won't look like a complete waste of money, hell, they might look good. Thanks for the pictures.

The problem with Shrink to Fits is that they loose so much indigo on the first wash, its hard to get defined fading. These jeans are a great example. From looking at the pic. you posted of these before washing them, you'd think you would've gotten much more dramatic fading lines, but because the indigo washed out so dramtically all over the jeans, the contrast isn't as evident!

Bottom line though, they still look pretty damn good IMO

-Bill

Fuck....more shit to buy

Quote:

breakfasttheatre , so those STFs of yours were true to size. I trust they were a regular fit, like the Nudie Straight Sven, neither loose nor tight?

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Jan 2, 2006 11:00 PM

exactly, neither loose nor tight, i couldnt go any smaller when i first bought them because even a 30 was too uncomfortable for me in the waist, they definitely get very stovepipe like as the waist shrinks, noticably different in the leg between my 31 and a pair of 30s and 29s i tried on

edit: i measured the waist and inseam

waist is still 31, i guess they stretched out a little, they were still not this tight in the 4 months

inseam is a little over 30 inches, so the length shrunk alot, considering they are labelled 33

- elitist

Edited by breakfasteatre on Jan 3, 2006 at 05:35 PM