Nom De Guerre Selvedge Dry Denim

asfberg

just received a pair of the classic raw selvedge from blackbird.

these are my frist pair of ndg denim and i already like them better than all my other jeans (sc47s, dior 21s, apc rescues). the classic fit is actually slightly slimmer than my 21s (though i must admit that i have the italian 21s).

i can't wait to see how these fade.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I actually made up some of those numbers.

I remember this because I was pissed off that I measured them and recorded it and my internet shut off so then I just went by memory. These do stretch out a significant amount, I got a 32 and now they're a 34.

and NDG, they are similar to the APC NS

alright...just some general questions. I'm trying to break my 6 months no denim rule...

nom de guerre waist sizing...i wear a 28 or 29 in apc ns and 31 in flathead 3001. (real measurement about 30-31)...what should I got with in NDG.

also...can someone give me a general measurement on leg openings/ thigh on the slim and classic fit models. I saw BTTs but it seems that the size gap makes things questionable...so if you have something close to a 30 waist. measurements would be awesome.

thanks.

classic fit

my size 30. I just soaked the waist band last night as they stretch like a mother.

waist shrunk back to a 15" across. They were easily a 31" if not 32". Had to jack them up and do my belt super tight.

10-10.25 on the thigh

leg measures 7.5 on the dot.

hope that helps cprotch. If i could have tracked it down, i would have gotten a 29 or even 29. Denim is much nicer than APC, but stretch factor is about the same i'd say. The honeycombs on these are going to be sick, these are going to fade very nicely as i can see some color coming out already.

parachutes, i don't recall any black classic fit last season, could be wrong, but they did have the super tapered slim fits in black selvedge w/ zipper, etc. Is that what you're talking about?

Just picked up the light grey selvage denim yesterday in size 32. They feel alot tigher than my APC NS in the same size. I read this whole thread and heard that a lot of you have experienced some stretch and i hope it will stretch out the same for me in the waist and thighs. I am kinda scared that these won't stretch out like the raw blue ones. I don't think the greys are raw since they must have been treated and washed to make them grey right?...I just hope they stretch a bit...I am going to wear them to sleep tonight. Can't wear them in public yet cause they are a bit tight for my liking. If they stretch out a bit like my APC NS I will be very happy. Anybody else have first hand experience with the light grey selvage with respect to stretching. And are these considered raw?

parachutes, i don't recall any black classic fit last season, could be wrong, but they did have the super tapered slim fits in black selvedge w/ zipper, etc. Is that what you're talking about?

this is a bit of an old source, but they did make classics in grey before(i mistook the dark grey for black). im hoping they put out the jeans every season. shot an email to blackbird.

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2006/11/nom-de-guerre-part-two.html

^ any pics? was your version sort of greenish-greycast or was it superdark blue (almost black) when raw? I only saw four jeans when I was there: Grey, White, a greenish-greycast selvedge model that was a little slim, and a Black regular, straight leg model...

• 2 weeks later...

oh SHIT! I just copped a pair of the grey classic fits non-selvedge (apparently the last pair) and they are off the HOOK! the fit is exactly what I wanted: little to no hip flare, the slightest hint of anti-fit, slim, straight legs and stiff as hell (these shits are super crispy)

sorry if I'm beasting, but I really really like these guys... gotta post some pics later. One of these days I'll cop one of the indgio classic fits. They are dark as hell (almost overdyed)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know how slim the narrow fit is. From the thread its seems that the classic fit is similar to the new standard so would the narrow fit be around the same slimness as a new cure? Thanks.

I don't think are as slim as the New Cures. I happened to measure a pair of 32s for someone today; front rise: 11", thigh: 11", hem: 7.5".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
ok, ive read this entire thread but cant conclude. are they pretty good quality? better than nudies or even apc?

I just got a pair from Brigade Shop for $160 shipped. I used the code "LOYALTY" when checking out for 20% off (I think it's still valid until midnight tonight). I haven't gotten my pair yet so I can't really comment on the quality but from what I've read, NDGs are top notch and definitely better than nudies and apcs.

Guest declasse
I just got a pair from Brigade Shop for $160 shipped. I used the code "LOYALTY" when checking out for 20% off (I think it's still valid until midnight tonight). I haven't gotten my pair yet so I can't really comment on the quality but from what I've read, NDGs are top notch and definitely better than nudies and apcs.

thanks, helpful. please post pics if you have the time.

i'm worried that the new classic fit is actually pretty slim for moi. did you get the classic cut?

Guest declasse
Yeah, I got the classic fit. I'll post fit pics when I get them.

The model on Brigade makes the classic fit look pretty slim, but in the NDG look book, they look a lot more like a straight cut. Plus, I've heard that they stretch out a good amount.

cool. thanks. i saw the pics on the brigade model too. that's where i got the idea they were cut very slim for a classic