A christmas present for all : sufu 4.0 boycott

homi29

This Christmas, please go out and see your loving families and friends. You probably shouldn't even be spending time on a lonely computer but if you are, dont come to superfuture 4.0.

This site is really not very much fun to be on, and since the medium is already fubared, the only thing keeping this place going is us.

the people who contribute posts, fits, sizing advice, and useless but entertaining banter. the polka dots are nothing without the words in between them.

If you think this site is not as good as it was and imagine that it never will be again. This is your once chance to give the strongest message ; that being no message at all.

If you feel that sufu 4.0 needs drastic change, one day is not asking much.

This Christmas, Dec 25th, log out of superfuture. Do not visit the site. Do not post anything. Tell your friends and others who use the site.

If you actually enjoy the new version of the site (4.0) feel free to continue posting and visiting the site this Christmas, just be sure to enjoy the silence.

I think it's safe to say that sufu traffic will be reduced on Christmas boycot or not...

you cant say v4.0 isnt getting better and improving, what else do you hope to achieve with this? You think wayne may take a day off from swimming in his scrooge mc duck money pool, call his oompla loompa dev team back from holiday and getting them working non stop shift work on the site just because you dont post on christams?

I think it's safe to say that sufu traffic will be reduced on Christmas boycot or not...

you cant say v4.0 isnt getting better and improving, what else do you hope to achieve with this? You think wayne may take a day off from swimming in his scrooge mc duck money pool, call his oompla loompa dev team back from holiday and getting them working non stop shift work on the site just because you dont post on christams?

doing something is better than doing nothing

or in this case posting nothing is better than posting something

its more just sending a message, this is a forum,and it relies entirely on user interaction.

this site used to only have 3-4 posts a day on a good day.

maybe they want those days back

none of that actually states what you want to achieve. it's been stated multiple times in multiple threads that the people who are working on the site are working on it as fast as they can. or do they not deserve a day off sufu on christmas also?

there is a thread in super official that deals with this. wayne stated that quick reply got removed while goose beta tested updates (while trying to improve the site) that post seems to have gone missing.

none of that actually states what you want to achieve. it's been stated multiple times in multiple threads that the people who are working on the site are working on it as fast as they can. or do they not deserve a day off sufu on christmas also?

there is a thread in super official that deals with this. wayne stated that quick reply got removed while goose beta tested updates (while trying to improve the site) that post seems to have gone missing.

this is not about how hard they work or dont work. This is simply to send a coherent message that alot of the major contributors to this site dont like whats happened to it and if the site continues down the current path (which is possible) the amount of interesting content (and the visits/hits associated with that) will fall greatly.

There may be no going back , but for future I dont see how such major changes can be made to the site without even consulting those that use it the most.

I hear what you are saying homi, but tbh my greatest disappointment with V4.0 was the number of "v4 is shit" threads"

Like you said, sufu isnt about the forum, its about the users... dots or whatever, if the users remain, then the forum is the same as far as I am concerned. sure there are problems currently, but shit will get better, the less we whine about it the better... stiff upper lip and all that. ;)

I hear what you are saying homi, but tbh my greatest disappointment with V4.0 was the number of "v4 is shit" threads"

Like you said, sufu isnt about the forum, its about the users... dots or whatever, if the users remain, then the forum is the same as far as I am concerned. sure there are problems currently, but shit will get better, the less we whine about it the better... stiff upper lip and all that. ;)

i see this point of view as well, but sure random bitching isnt productive but i think my idea is. The fact is that the medium is also important, and in terms of 4.0 ; the site is just not an effective means of communication.

If sufu used to set the bar high in terms of what a well-thought out layout could be, now it ranks right near the bottom in terms of usability out of the forums i frequent.

i dont think the content and users of this site can improve till the very usability of the forum does. and hence my thread.

even simple things like an extra click to even see if i have a PM or not is so past any sort of common sense...

I don't they expect very many users on Christmas anyway, people should be out. If you really wanted to get their attention, a week or so of absolutely no post would do the trick. Of course, it wouldn't work though, there is always going to be those few lonely/addicted people who have to post. Then, there are people who many not mind the site's change.

Honestly i think the site is calling a boycot of itself. Its been a long time that i have come here for any other reason than habit, then i do, realize that most of the good action is dead, and go away.

Its too bad that people forget what makes a thing good, or thirve, in the end they think its all about them, when its bigger than anyone really...

except westside and stuck on stupid, they were bigger than the white house.

christmas eve (which is probably still the 23rd for most of ya'll) i might be doing a boycott at night time...most likely gonna do the same thing i did last year - wear some yakuza shit and then roll over to midnight mass at the girls school over in kowloon. I'm not religious, but at least I'll be amongst a few friends and that beats a real silent night in front of the superscreen. Right?!?!