Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

There's also black/red. If they made a white/blue version, I'd be really tempted to buy those too!

I've had the black/red ones for five years or so, love them.  Quality is kinda crazy (good).

Here's a picture of how the RJB re-sole works. 

QCiZJCI.png

I was told that it's not possible to re-sole FH sneakers like this, because they use a different process.  Anyway, RJB can re-sole these sneakers for about $74, you'd probably need to do it through the store where you bought the shoes, though. 

Kyle, do you think that Flat Head will ever change and make RJB as accessible as the Flat Head is to those overseas?  Even though places like Self Edge stock them it seems like there's an insane catalogue that most will just never see, and when I visit Self Edge it doesn't seem like they have too many more things than the small amount thats available online.

On an unrelated note, I really wish that Flat Head's sneaks were resoleable... I really dig the diamonds now but that's kind of a lot of coin to drop on something that will just wear away.  Also, maybe its just me being negative but it seems like the resole thing would only really work out for those that live in Japan.

Kyle, do you think that Flat Head will ever change and make RJB as accessible as the Flat Head is to those overseas?  Even though places like Self Edge stock them it seems like there's an insane catalogue that most will just never see, and when I visit Self Edge it doesn't seem like they have too many more things than the small amount thats available online.

On an unrelated note, I really wish that Flat Head's sneaks were resoleable... I really dig the diamonds now but that's kind of a lot of coin to drop on something that will just wear away.  Also, maybe its just me being negative but it seems like the resole thing would only really work out for those that live in Japan.

I would LOVE to carry more RJB stuff, but the prices are a good 20% to 35% higher than Flat Head's due to the more exotic fabrics and production methods used.  We do get a few things in every season, but if you saw the entire collection you'd agree that most of it doesn't translate well to the Western market.  On that note, i just ordered myself a pair of $400 leopard print sandals with a Vibram sole from the S/S14 collection, i love them but we'd never be able to sell a sandal that expensive.

Yeah I can definitely see RJB being more esoteric than Flat Head... which is a shame because that's what makes it so cool.  I think that after spending enough time with the many brands out there only the really really exotic stuff starts to jump out at you.... and it seems like that's exactly what RJB is.  

And agreed, I think it takes a very certain type of person to order some $400 sandals.... and my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy enough with $300 jeans  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, the D105S and 105BSP are basically the same jeans, but with a different pocket stitch. The BSPs also have lined back pockets, which is a nice bonus.

Kyle i'm thinking of picking up the 105bsp and according to SE the 31 would fit the bill for me. Can I ask you what the thighs/knees measured post soak/wash? Yours are a 31 correct?

Okay guys so my 105 should be coming in today. Regular hot soak, or hot soak with agitation? Or washing machine on delicate?

Turn them inside out and hot soak them for 45 minutes, then remove them from the water and allow them to fully air dry before wearing.

So, RJB recently came out with a brand-new model – the D006 – and I thought I’d try on a pair.

og7IEA8.jpg

t6OixxE.jpg

zE9Z4yw.jpg

This is a really cool fit.  It’s slim tapered, but different in shape from the 3002.  This model has a very slim fit from the knee down, but the thigh isn’t super tight, it's more of a gradual taper in comparison.  Best of all, this pair isn’t a low rise model.

JiRVwYO.jpg

For those of you looking for a slim fit that’s a little more forgiving in the top block - but not loose - these would be a good choice.

qNTPeaO.jpg

The D006 is much slimmer overall, the shape is closer to that of the 3002 or SE05BSP.  I would say that the fit of the top block is in between the 3002 (low rise, slim thigh) and 3012 (high rise, roomy thigh.)

Edited by Kyle@TFH