Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

Very nice beautifu_freak. Can you share size and pre/post measurements? I am considering these as well.

Sorry for my late reply. This is tag size 36. Measurements on Rivet&Hide were 100% accurate. I just requested the size 36 with the smallest waist. So my pair started 0.5" smaller. Then after 2 machine washes I had shrinkage of 2" in the waist and a little bit more than 2" in the inseam. The rest I didn't measure. But Rivet&Hide also offers a one-wash version. 

• 2 months later...

So, I finally washed these (I think since I shrunk them? :mellow:)... I waited a lot longer than usual because I was dreading the stretch back out. But it actually worked out great and they felt super comfy in just a few hours!

I'm already starting to see some fades... something that makes these jeans really comfy is that the waist button is a decent distance from the top fly button so the denim has more opportunity to stretch when you're buttoning them. Interesting detail that I like a lot!

We'll see if i can get these to look as good as my 3005 :)

7 hours ago, bobblehead said:

Recently picked up one of these too. The waist is fine, there's still room in fact, but because my thighs and butt are big for my waist it's a little tight. Wondering if I should try to flip them or just wear and see if they stretch. Any thoughts guys?

I have a pair of these from about 2013. I wore them quite a bit at first but I have smallish waist compared to thighs and butt and I eventually gave up on them. The top block was just too tight. It's too bad because I just loved everything about the jeans except the fit, which is most important of all for obvious reasons. 

I have a pair of 3005 in the same size and found it to be pretty similar. I think flat head & co tend to design their top blocks on the fuller cuts to be a bit slimmer than some other brands like warehouse etc. 

Hey y'all,

This is my first SuFu post, please let me know if this is appropriate or not. I have a pair of 105BSP size 30, NWT. Looking to sell. Located in Canada. Please send me a PM if you're interested. 

Edit: I discovered Supermarket

Edited by cottonskinblues
booboo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's my first day wearing the RJBxTFHxR&H. The denim is amazing, feels really nice. When I am sitting with one leg crossed over the other, I keep absent mindedly touching the hem. It also looks great, has a sharp look about it.

5 hours ago, Geeman said:

Pics?

why yes my good man :D

IMG_20170313_192535.jpg
IMG_20170313_192544.jpg
IMG_20170313_192628.jpg

The lighting sucks. Rivet and Hide have all the up close and personal pics of the jeans, but they don't really do it justice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ever since I saw @itsbenhere's RJB 105BSPs. I've been itching a pair for myself. There's a Grailed listing for a size 30.

How have people sized them? According to the seller, they're TTS at the waist right now. Is there some give and stretching? I know that they should have been a 32 pre soak.

^^^^ Thanks man! I've had them roughly since when i posted those fit pics earlier on the page. I haven't been keeping track of washes at all, but much less than my 3005. Maybe once every 2 months or something. I was didn't want to have to stretch them out again so I went longer than I normally would have preferred, but going on I'll probably start washing them more. 

Rev, what size are your 3009? I would say at minimum a size down from those, maybe 2 depending on how they fit. A shame you weren't on the ball since I got mine new that price from self edge during their sale...

@itsbenhere They're a 33. Honestly, they're mildly loose in the top block/waist (I could have easily gone down one size). The fit is great everywhere else but the extra fabric in the seat lends to a pronounced moose-knuckle in the crotch unless I'm wearing looser fitting boxers to help fill in the space.

• 1 month later...