Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

The ink used rubs off very easily - a belt should do the trick, or use your fingernail.

Besides, it is covered by a tee, a shirt or a belt in most cases...

In the past they used the same denim and cut for both versions - they differ in the execution of the back pocket artwork/arcs (and the screen print/stencil on the patch).

In 2010 they released special versions of their standard cuts for special events like Inazuma Festival, but I think the limited edition D105(S)-xxxx is/has become a seasonal edition that gets produced if enough shops/dealers pre-order it...

The 105LTDs are made twice a year, usually, should be the same cut as the regular D105, just with different back pocket detailing.  I was tempted to get the one with the blue/white leather patches, but ended up going for the standard model instead.  Any limited FH or RJB model will have the LTD stamp on the patch.

As usually, the RJB loomstate Zimbabwe denim looks amazing...

Thanks for the info guys!  Agreed about the denim, I think it's maybe tied with the pioneer denim for my favorite fading of all time.  After I have the 3005 and maybe the d105 if I think it'll be comfortable enough I'll be set.

• 2 weeks later...

RJB 105BSP size 33. 

Against some of the suggestions here, I had them tapered at Rail Car. Hem was 9.0", now 8.25". The work Steven did is top notch. Very happy w/ the results, as I felt the hem was just a little too big. 

RJB-105BSP_fit-tapered_07-02-14_1_zpsca1

RJB-105BSP_fit-tapered_07-02-14_2_zpsda1

RJB-105BSP_fit-tapered_07-02-14_3_zps2a7

RJB-105BSP_fit-tapered_07-02-14_6_zps084

Hmmm... these pics are not a very good representation of what they really look like... must get GF to take better pics.... 

• 1 month later...

I was wondering what the "new" denim for my D105S-13SS would clock in...

Here's the device:

412BFA43-3D38-4A75-97D7-A60FCBD918D3_zps

Had to improvise cutting the test specimen - not enough denim to cut 8 whole specimen as I only had the cut-off to work with.

DDF6EB86-EB4A-4924-9947-E8DA53104AB8_zps

Here's the result:

713D817F-D2C5-4671-B97E-70A8EF75708A_zps

This translates into 522g/sqm or 15.4oz/sqy

(Again, this has not been done in a statistically sound manner, after soaking, before further wear and stretch.)

Edited by Foxy2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my little collection of D105S LTD's - 2010, 2011, 2013 & 2014 (still missing a pair from 2012):

e2448dde3188225602445dedd76ad3fe_zpse53a

The big change in the denim happened between 2010 and 2011.

Between 2011 and 2014 the denim didn't change in appearance, it may have gotten a little heavier, though.

He shops at SELA from time to time, but didn't pick up that particular shirt from us.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the blue ombre short sleeve, size 42( http://www.selfedge.com/real-japan-blues?product_id=763 ). previous owner apparently didn't wash or soak it. What kinda shrink am I looking at with this one?

Shrinkage is pretty minimal on that shirt if cold washed and line dried.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my diamond flannel from the warehouse sale and its a tad too big in a 44. Does anyone know if I could shrink it a bit in all dimensions or would a warm wash mostly just shrink the length?

I think these are similar to the Flat Head ones which are already rinsed to remove shrinkage. So unless you want to put it through a drying cycle I doubt it will shrink much.  That being said, which color did you get? If it's the black one and you decide to sell it I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.