Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

for anyone with the 103s, do they really shrink as much as said on SE's website? specifically the thigh knee and hem measurements

All the jeans I've purchased from SE have behaved the way that they warned. If you're worried about the jeans shrinking and becoming too skinny, check out the 106s -- they're a slim/straight model.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those look amazing. That's basically the 105BSP but with different back pockets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Personally, I think RJB's denim looks fantastic (much like FH's) but I don't like their detailing (diamond arcs, leather patch design, piratey logo) very much. They're obviously going for a very specific sort of look with their products (though I'm not quite sure what you'd call it) that's just not as broadly appealing as FH, I suppose.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have any quick thoughts on the 106bsp? Been agonizing over what to get for the new year...would probably go with them but self Edge's post-soak thigh measurement seems crazy small for what would become a true 31 after some stretching (size 30). Thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

I enjoy the RJB denim...Pretty ideal fading characteristics with that soft Zimbabwe feel, shame you don't see them on here more! From my understanding, the above SE collab features a new denim spec'd to fade like 3XXX denim but with the comfort of RJB's Zimbabwe?

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this thread for great justice. RJB needs more love.

I've really warmed up to their designs lately for some reason. I'll probably pick up an argyle-style collared shirt this spring, and get some jeans next year (I'm holding strong to my New Year's Resolution to buy no new jeans in 2013.)

I'm still trying to figure out the exact cuts. The D105/105BSP looks like a little bit more fitted straight cut than the FH 3005 - slim in the top thigh, just like I'd need from a straight cut. But how's the D106/106BSP compare to the 3009? It looks like a slightly slimmer version of the D105, which seems like what I'd want. The only problem I have with the 3009 is that the top thigh could be a bit slimmer.