next big sneaker brand for 06'

tokyo someday

who do you guys think will be the big sneaker brand for 2006??

this year i think it was definatly Nike SB and Bapestas

I'm hoping New Balance will get more attention next year their making alot of good stuff especially with thier Japan exclusives

also MadFoot and Feit need to get some serious exposure and sneaker freaker is not enough

your opinions?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as other brands have been - and will continue - to try and steal Nike's shine, it'll never happen.

Nike is like Coca-Cola. They were first, have done it right for years, and are branded so strongly (above-, and underground), that they're only gonna run FASTER with everyone nipping at its heels. [Especially this next year, which is gonna be the year of the Jordan and Air Max]

That being said, I'm gonna say VANS is gonna make a strong showing this year (which has been building up the past 2 years). [Personally, I'd like to see Chucks and Jack Purcells get the attention they deserve.]

For years, I've been callin'/hoping on Cr8Rec because they've established a solid image, their shoes tout the cleanest design, and they're not on Dunk-pattern jock, ..but it just hasn't happened... at least not in my immediate sneaker-fiend community. I think maybe it's because the street-cred element isn't there. It seems like it's become more of a shoe for an upper-echelon/high-end demographic [i'm assuming that was their goal considering the ad campaign, the Barney's move, etc.] : more of a Polo/blazer look, than t-shirt/New Era. Regardless, Cr8Rec always gets mad daps from me because they're intent on doing their own thing and sticking to it.

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Edited by bobbyhundreds on Dec 28, 2005 at 10:50 AM

I agree with the vans comment. I was trying to find a pair of all black slip ons for work and they were sold out every where I checked. I even tried looking on line, and the spots I trust were sold out.

Besides Nike ..

I think Vans will be big of course, I have to admit I never really was into Vans but I've liked a lot of the stuff they've been doing lately, especially the collabo they did with Supreme .. which I'm still angry that I couldn't get a pair of those joints ..

Also, I hope RTFT makes some noise, cause I've liked the joints they've been droppin for a while

The kid with the most knoweldge

Will touch and attain top dollas

i seriously think that New Balance will be huge in 2006.

i have an account with them for my shoe store in the bay area, and let me tell you..

their 06 tier 1 line is hands down some of the highest quality stuff i've ever seen in sneaker form. the materials to the craftsmanship. it's pure quality. and the designs are getting more and more up to date with what nike has been doing with it's SB line.

so yeah, my prediction.

NB in 06.

:)

-k

don't be so damn hard on FEIT their shoes have absolute amazing quality their soles were made by another company that also worked for companies like gucci and all their models were based off of prototypes master shoemakers it italy made and even just looking at them you can tell they look clean and well made as some shit not too expensive either.

RTFT are ok except the whole argyle isnt doing it for me especially with the bright colors and slip-ons are getting tiresome

just my opinion

I don't know if predicting yearly trends is even necessary. It seems arbitrary.

Now that I've said that, I'll pontificate a little. Low-level resentment of Nike brought on by market ubiquity will continue. No real backlash will form.

Less garish colorways will gain wider acceptance. Ok, maybe that won't happen, but that's what I would prefer.

I'd love for NB to come out with some nice releases. I just wish they would release the MT580 in the US. I hope that they stop focusing all their creative talent on the ugly ass 574.

Now, what brands will be big in '06? Hmmm, I think more and more people are appreciating the simplicity of classic Vans designs. Visvim will continue to be the sneaker snob's raison d'etre. Um, I'm talking out my ass here. The more things change the more they stay the same. I don't know what tricky marketing schemes the big brands are brewing.

Oh, but I do know that Reebok will continue to be lame.