J.Lindeberg----The brand itself

Ockid

Why do you care about how other perceive a brand? If you know about your shit, who cares what others think.

Like Supreme may be worn by those idiot teenage sheep, but I still faithfully buy from them.

and too much of a single brand is a bad thing, shows you got no skill to expand/explore other styles and tastes

I think he's just asking. (We should able to pontificate about why a certain brand is perceived as a brand without having to jump at the person asking, afterall, it's a discussion board)

Anyway, I think J.Lindeberg stuff is kinda like Diesel, I perceive it as like generic clubbing clothes or poor man's Helmut Lang. The stuff i've seen are not very original and it seems to be mostly cheesy stuff with logos on it. Also, the fabric nor the construction seemed to be especially quality. I don't have have my pulse on the state cool in America but I would venture to guess that my perception is similar to others.

The only cool thing i've seen was when they came out with some affordable leather wallets, it was called J.Fold. I remember I was a little impressed because almost all guys wallets are black/brown and plain, and I remember seeing that the j.folds had textured leather with some contrasting lining that looked original.

Edited by Sauce on Dec 27, 2005 at 06:38 PM

i don't like the stuff cause it seems like stuff that caters to people with money but no taste ( no offense, just my opinion and who i see it on where i am)

he seems to take polos and hoodies and slap on a huge logo and throw it out for 200, but the stuff isn't anything special fit-wise or design-wise, doesn't get me thinking

nairb49

Quote:

I think he's just asking. (We should able to pontificate about why a certain brand is perceived as a brand without having to jump at the person asking, afterall, it's a discussion board)

Anyway, I think J.Lindeberg stuff is kinda like Diesel, I perceive it as like generic clubbing clothes or poor man's Helmut Lang. The stuff i've seen are not very original and it seems to be mostly cheesy stuff with logos on it. Also, the fabric nor the construction seemed to be especially quality. I don't have have my pulse on the state cool in America but I would venture to guess that my perception is similar to others.

The only cool thing i've seen was when they came out with some affordable leather wallets, it was called J.Fold. I remember I was a little impressed because almost all guys wallets are black/brown and plain, and I remember seeing that the j.folds had textured leather with some contrasting lining that looked original.

Edited by Sauce on Dec 27, 2005 at 06:38 PM

--- Original message by Sauce on Dec 27, 2005 06:36 PM

the reasons his stuff is like diesel is because he used to be like the head designer for diesel til he dropped the company sometimes near like 95? 96?

Lindeberg's best known for its golfing apparel, and more specifically, for outfitting Jasper Parnevik in slim-fitting pants and argyle knits in unconventional palettes. On the streetwear side, they make a range of logo'd shirts and hoodies, but what they do best in my opinion is outwear and suits, both of which are well cut and relatively affordable.

thanks alot for the opinions...!

although i live in a very materialistic town...i dont care ALL that much, but i still care what others think of mee at the same time...I own most of their winter clothing due to the fact that im an advid snowboarder/skiier and I golf alot....i agree with you guys though, alot of their stuff is logo-based.... I do have quite a collection from them but i also have many of different types of clothing from different fashion houses...

Fashion is Art

Edited by Ockid on Dec 27, 2005 at 08:25 PM

Their low tier stuff is of course awful, huge logos and dull garments, but their higher end stuff is actually very nice. Don't ever wear the hoody or tee with the huge logo on the chest..

In sthlm everyone, I mean everyone, it was huge, had one a year ago, it was terrible. Because of this, JL is not very well thought of by most, it was like the A&F of Sweden, but buy their stuff without logos and you'll be fine.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS