Denim redux

slit

I'm having a bit of difficulty sifting through the glut of denim revolving at similar price points($150-$200).. seeing as there are a few denim afficianados on Superfuture, I'd like to see where you'd stack some of these lines up in terms of quality, bang for your buck, fit, etc.

Just some random brands off of the top, fill in the blanks if need be:

DDC Lab, AG, Blue Cult, Rogan, Paper Denim, Earnest Sewn, Helmut Lang, etc.

Thanks in advance.

I like Papers also... I haven't bought a pair yet but they may very well be my next purchase. Nice traditional cuts, great washes and they fit well.

on a similiar note does anyone know how good Supreme's Jeans are??? They're priced pretty cheap at $80-$90, and are just basic cuts and traditional washes mostly. Considering they're jeans.. but priced less than Supreme hoodies and sweaters I was just curious about how well made and durable they were??

Edited by Dolo on Oct 6, 2004 at 10:30 AM

Supreme jeans are fairly priced compared to their other items but they're not as comfortable as other jean manufacturer's. They have a nice cut but the material is a bit rough/hard.

I like stussy jeans because of the various styles, comfort and price. I normally wear a 32 but purchase 34's in any stussy jean or shorts.

Contact jean - Straight leg not too baggy

Straight Jean - Straight leg, kinda slim but look good with any kicks.

Base Jean- Straight, baggier than contact and pockets are lower in the a$$.

Paper's are a good quality jean, comfortable but over priced. Too many Gino's/Gina's wear them in the T.O.

Rogan's are exceptional but again, expensive.

In terms of value for money, I think APC make some excellent jeans. The denim is really high quality and I love the fit. They are a super deal at $109 if you like the dark, raw denim look. I also like G Star's jeans, and they are pretty reasonably priced, well made jeans as well, and they have a wider range of styles and washes than APC.