usa :: orlando :: general

rollinjunk

Orlando is good for stores if your into Couture. If so, be sure to check out the Millenia Mall (hugo boss, gucci, burberry etc.) as well as The Premium Outlets for discount priced stuff on similar items. Underground and global stuff you will not find here. Maybe Tampa but not Orlando...

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I go to school in Orlando, FL at UCF and hardly see anybody wearing anything I see on this site.

My question is: Are there any stores out here that sell some premium denim (i.e. - APC, Nudie, Levis LVC, etc. etc.)?

I've gone to all the local malls. Nothing. One store that sells some ugly Evisu's was all I could find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like a new pair of jeans but I'm the type who has to try on his jeans before he buys them to make sure the fit is right.

Thanks!

no luck for men's jeans in orlando, cheap monday and likely acne will be in orlando before long in the thorton park area, but it'll likely only be the womens lines. it'll be a while before the men's jeans make it to orlando. if you have to try them on take a drive down to miami one weekend i guess

lounge like if they don't mind a little bit of a indie thing the best bet i think would be a place called the peacock room

www.peacockroom.com

a place close to the peacock room that is pretty chill is redlight redlight kinda hidden for people that don't know where to look for it but it closes early it's good for friday afternoon if you want to drink some import beer

thursday nights (the night you get there) now the place to go if you want a reasonable party/club atmosphere is www.clubatfirestone.com pm me if you want you and your party to be on my list that night for all that mess

there are plenty of good places in downtown orlando but they are all surrounded by a bunch of shitty places that are just gonna be bro bars

look at those websites and see if they look good or not let me know and i'll continue with the suggestions. i went to college in orlando and still spend a fair amount of time there so we can find something that you and your party could enjoy

no luck for men's jeans in orlando, cheap monday and likely acne will be in orlando before long in the thorton park area, but it'll likely only be the womens lines. it'll be a while before the men's jeans make it to orlando. if you have to try them on take a drive down to miami one weekend i guess

Cheap Monday don't make women's jeans.

• 8 months later...

I went to Orlando a few years ago, but all I did was go to a mall and hit up some outlets, and the trip was only 1day/1night...so I was wondering if Superfuture could give me some knowledge about Orlando, good stores, places to eat, etc. And I need some info on Disneyworld since I'm going to be staying there for a week in August. Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

I go to Ucf as well, I'm rocking a pair of apc's right now, my first pair of raw. I'd have to agree that Orlando is dead for shopping period. I can't even get good denim when I visit my parents in Vegas.I don't really know of anybody in this city sporting streetwear like I do ie mishka, alife etc. though there's a a new sneaker boutique downtown. There are plenty of hipster kids with AA and shit though.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

eh orlandos culture sucks, but here are some pretty good places.

lets see.. depends on your scene

all these are in downtown orlando... and the ones i have been to/go to

more indie type of person try,

- firestone

-bbq bar

-ibar

-ispy

-ceviche

want a club setting,

-dragon room

-backroom

-dolce

misc. bars

-sky 60

-tryst

-latitudes

-big belly

theres also quite a bit of places out by UCF, mostly college bar type, try

-TD's

-Library

-Jake and Mickeys

-Devaneys

• 2 weeks later...

What you guys know about orlando? I didn't know there were more people out there besides dino and myself when visiting my parents. You all live there or just have visited?

Don't go to ibar. Just don't do it. Lots of sexy lolitas though. A friend of mine always drags me to bbq bar because her friend was dating a bartender there. I can tolerate that place alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ispy/bbqbar/and that other place are all the same place pretty much, right? I actually may be going out to those bars tonight depending on what my friend is doing (she's kinda hipsterish and goes to bbq all the time).

Ya, but there is is usually a discernable difference between the kids hanging out at bbq and those over at ispy. I like Tatame tea and sake house in winter park. Infused sakes are the shit. The peacock room is pretty chill. Will's pub was a lot of fun before it got torn down.