Eternal Jeans

minya

Whats the deal with eternals now? it seems that takashi is not so impressed anymore. I dont really get it though, google translate has its limits... maybe chicken can translate it better?

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdenim-gallery.heavy.jp%2Feternal%2F811-b.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

i'm interested too.

did he bid on fake eternals?

i'm interested too. did he bid on fake eternals?

Yeah I'm pretty sure he did. The patch looks to be poor quality and the selvedge isn't right; the red line should do vertically down and not be woven into the twill like on those. Also the colour doesn't look as deep as it should on a new pair of eternals. It's almost as though the denim hasn't been dipped as many times as it should.

The inside tag however looks almost identical to the real deal. The only difference is that it is missing the 2nd tag in Japanese and that "made in Japan" text is different.

2073697674_99419f22b8.jpg

It is however a small plus point over what I believe to be a pretty poor fake.

10/13/07 - 12/02/07

Eternal 811 (BiG) + generic Barney's leather belt from around the same time...

2083111982_955031b46c_o.jpg

2083111876_be0bb4289d_o.jpg

The high rise and "bubble butt" have loosened up a bit into a much better fitting jean. But the overall thickness and indigo on these are holding up very well. I'm really enjoying these now.

Took a few crappy pictures of my 811s before I pack them away for a little while. Bear with my lighting, I did the best I could with todays overcast sky ;).

Edit - I should probably mention that these have 3.5 months of hard wear on them.

This picture probably shows contrast the best, although the unfaded areas are a darker blue in person.

P1310125.jpg

back

P1310130.jpg

front

P1310133.jpg

a couple detail shots

P1310132.jpg

P1310131.jpg

Whats the deal with eternals now? it seems that takashi is not so impressed anymore. I dont really get it though, google translate has its limits... maybe chicken can translate it better?

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdenim-gallery.heavy.jp%2Feternal%2F811-b.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

wow, this is pretty funny. the part he actually wrote something like "this is really interesting" somehow got translated into "no really interesting to me to know."

anyways, the story behind this pair, is that TAKASHI-san purchased this pair of eternals in an auction, but didn't notice they were the 811s and he already had a pair. but upon closer inspection, he noticed that the denim was very different (grayer and less vertical contruction).

so even he thought they might be fake or something originally, but he doubts it since there aren't high demands for eternal jeans. wouldn't be really profitable for people to fake them. so his guess is that they might have been made at a different factory or something, and he'd appreciate it if anybody had more information on them.

I'm starting to get worried about the crotch of my jeans

P1310135.jpg

The fabric seems thinner here than anywhere else and I'm afraid of a blowout. Would I be best off sending these to someone to get reinforced, or do you think they're fine?

get them reinforced. it's better to do it earlier than later when it's completely fucked.

WOW... Everyone's eternals seem to be blossoming for the festive season...! Some great wear in the last few posts.

Party pooped nice jeans and belt combo - looking forward to seeing them evolve

Topic what have you been doing to get so much wear in just 3.5 months?!?! :o

Take 5 love the back pocket and the combs on those - any chance of some outdoor photos?

keep up the good work guys.

They may have more time on them because I bought them secondhand from someone on sufu.

Yeah that might explain it. Regardless though they look awsome. There's a great range of colours and the lap fades seem to be more defined than normal. Do you know how many times they have been washed?

Also I second Panda's idea to get the critch of the jeans reinforced. A similar thing happened to mine and I just stiched some old denim on the inside of the crotch and backstitched over the hole. Might be worth getting the seem stitching re-done as well as that looks like its coming apart. Seems to be a problem with the all cotton thread they use. A 10cm section on mine rotted and fell apart due to sweat... A bit of a pain!

There was very little indigo loss when I got them, mostly on the back right pocket. I've soaked them twice and washed them (hot) twice as well. I believe the PO soaked them once as well, not completely sure though. Both of the soaks and one of the washes have been due to dumb girls spilling drinks on me :/