Eternal Jeans

minya

Fantastic... I just unwrapped these a few hours ago. Awesome Xmas present. icon_smile.gif

Exactly what I wanted: slim legs that aren't tight, beautiful, rich, heavy, stiff Japanese denim that is so dark blue it is almost black, and the perfect size (size 34 measures about 32" in the waist -- nice slim fit on me, and should fit perfectly after a week of stretching).

Thanks to djrajio for his assistance in getting me these jeans. Great service.

Here's a (terrible) preliminary picture:

http://img489.imageshack.us/my.php?image=81110ws.jpg

Thanks guys, I really love them.

hap -- probably gonna do something similar to it, yeah. Probably wear them 2-3 months before the first wash, then wash about every six weeks afterward in warm water and minimal detergent.

tangerine -- 14.5 oz, nice narrow selvage.

Handlethevibe -- the leg opening is fairly small. I haven't measured exactly, it looks to be around 8".

I will post more pictures soon, I apologize for that awful dark picture.

couple more pics, taken by my girlfriend with her new Nikon D70. Not great pictures but she's learning icon_smile_tongue.gif

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=81124nu.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=81117dr.jpg

edit -- digital_denim: apparently there is an "Extra Tight" version, yeah. These are the normal 811s. They're not tight, but they are slim. That Warriors t-shirt is probably 12 years old, from when my sister taught at a basketball camp in high school and met some of the Warriors. It still has a player's signature on it... it fits me perfectly now icon_smile_shy.gif

Edited by minya on Dec 26, 2005 at 11:44 PM

Quote:

er, what size were you trying to order? icon_smile.gif I think I wear one size bigger... it wasn't me... lol

--- Original message by tangerine on Dec 27, 2005 11:10 AM

I was going to get them in size 30, which might actually have been too small, but they dont make 31's. I know we dont wear the same size so youre not on my lsit of suspects ;)

I think I'm going to get some skull jeans instead.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Quote:
Quote: I think I'm going to get some skull jeans instead.

hey slow down mother fucker icon_smile_wink.gif we're the same size & im trying to raise cash.

--- Original message by haptronic on Dec 27, 2005 12:41 PM

haha, don't worry, I have like 5 different stores that sells the cut we want so just tell me if they sell out at "your" place and I'll link you up icon_smile_cool.gif

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Okay, thanks. Did you order from bears? If so, could you measure the waist by putting upper edges of the two sides of the waist band parallell to eachother so that you get it completely straight? I'm asking because I want to know how accurate their measurements are.

btw, I think there is no such thing as an 811ET :( There are two places that sell them as 811ET's, but the measurements are the same as the 811's. I guess I was fooled because they look slimmer on some pictures, or maybe someone's measurements are a bit off.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jan 8, 2006 at 10:41 AM

well, djrajio got them from Bears, so yeah...

I'm pretty sure my pair was actually smaller than Bears' measurements. I believe my pair measured about 81-82 cm at first, which is actually 32" or even less (I got a size 34). I cannot for the life of me find my measuring tape, but I believe they are an even 34" right now. In general, Bears' measurements should be spot on, with maybe 2 cm give or take.

Quote:

youre wearign a signed gs warriors shirt?!! fuck you minya you are truly a piece of shit

that could be tim hardaway's signature on there

--- Original message by emrinderForgotHisPassword on Jan 8, 2006 08:41 PM

It probably was. I've long sinced washed it off.

Quote:

so after stretch and all they're the perfect size for you in the waist now?

ie, you bought the correct tag size, and they came small but stretched to perfect?

are they sanforized?

--- Original message by nairb49 on Jan 8, 2006 09:19 PM

Yeah, exactly.

I don't think they're sanforized, but they only come rinsed, so it doesn't matter anyway. I'm guessing 95% of the shrinkage has already happened.

Quote:

Okay, thanks. Did you order from bears? If so, could you measure the waist by putting upper edges of the two sides of the waist band parallell to eachother so that you get it completely straight? I'm asking because I want to know how accurate their measurements are.

btw, I think there is no such thing as an 811ET :( There are two places that sell them as 811ET's, but the measurements are the same as the 811's. I guess I was fooled because they look slimmer on some pictures, or maybe someone's measurements are a bit off.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Jan 8, 2006 10:40 AM

I'm really curious to know if anyone can confirm this (all Eternal 811 are the same model.)

The "ET" model that I have does not say ET on it anywhere, just 811, so I think 'jinx is correct.

ask a cassowary