Eternal Jeans

minya

This is from Take 5 (Gosh, I feel like Edmond) ;)

Size 32

1.waist : 32 inch

2.front rise: 11 inch

3.back rise: 14 inch

4.upper thigh: 12 inch

5.leg opening: 8.5inch

They're basically an inch bigger in the waist, and a half inch bigger everywhere else, except the back rise which is smaller athen BiG's chart--probably a typo.

I would have liked to have gotten the length too, but they didn't send that.

Can someone break down all of the Eternal fits for me? I have tried on the 811 and the 872 at BIG but I am looking for a regular fit (looser than 811) in the same denim as the 811. I have looked on Hinoya/Bears and can figure it out different models well enough, but does anyone have personal experience with anything other than 811 and 872?

It looks like I'm gonna have to proxy order something from Japan, but Eternal's sizing isn't that easy to figure out...

WOW...! Beatle I'm super jealous you got those eternals... The phrase 'holy grail' springs to mind.

Here's the progress so far on mine. This weekend will be the 5 month anniversary. Going to Centre Parks to celebrate (well it's my friend's birthday really...!). Still just one soak and a machine wash at 3 months. I plan to hold out until the 6 month mark before washing again (the jeans that is!) - enjoy.

fO_1Rf5p0z_BD1DwirAPqgGmYShX7KKP.jpg

D1pitB0G7j9j3-w1B4vHLo4cSPn0ez1w.jpg

HNX1h60cwD9v3UOb6vq787j2T43UnSgG.jpg

XPu5fZUCwj_8QK8v1CCJzy498I3f0pqE.jpg

xUxO5joT7j-9REMY--jMawA1Ypu1O7PA.jpg

TBhBgMkd5j_-nL_H5PFJbQUrZ_TqmXCq.jpg

EAn7nevI5T-UhEtXOFZ38-vVMbU9u71L.jpg

vp_aAqdf0D_fRfq0WBw4XPpN4sthpuIQ.jpg

Click on the photos for links to the full-size versions.

There is also a new "XX" cut called 874 (uses the same denim as 811)...not sure if they're the same as the Bears "XX" cut or not.

oops, i had no idea they released them. apparently, bears/eternal stopped making many of the sizes for kuma. but people kept on requesting the "XX" cuts with 811 denim. so they decided to release these.

from the measurements, the proportions seem very similar, but the sizing seem different.

oops, i had no idea they released them. apparently, bears/eternal stopped making many of the sizes for kuma. but people kept on requesting the "XX" cuts with 811 denim. so they decided to release these.

from the measurements, the proportions seem very similar, but the sizing seem different.

I ordered a pair of 874's so we'll see how they work out. If they don't work out, they'll definitely show up in the Supermarket forum

Hi,

First time poster though a long time lurker. A friend of mine was heading to japan and I was thinking about picking up a pair of the Eternal 872's--they just look amazing. I only have two pairs of japanese denim (just recently got into them) which are SDA-103's in size 33 and PBJ-005 in 34. They both fit me well, though the 103's are the better fit.

I tried on 811's before and they were to slim and tight even in the 33's which I thought was a little strange since the SDA-103's were perfect. But any thought's on whether or not the 872's would work for me and what size I should get?

Or would you recommend a different pair to pick up from japan, I figure I might as well use this opp. to pick up one while I can.

Any help you can offer would be great.

~g

i have no experience with 872s whatsoever, but I did spend like 10 months of my life breaking in one of those straight sven flame selvedge. The colour on the 872s is obviously much better and fades to a more ocean blue, but in the end after beating them down for 10 months, the streaky denim seems to override the contrast and is very difficult to capture in pictures

Thanks. Those still haven't been soaked since the initial hot one to shrink (which probably wasn't for long enough). I'm holding out until there's some solid definition in the fades before another soak/first wash.

if you dont think all the shrinking is out, you may want to do another hot soak/wash. it would be a shame to have your wear shift after you put a lot into the jeans, and they seem dark enough to not be hurt at all by another hot wash.

your lap fade should be fine i think, it would just be a little bit of inseam shrinkage presumably. My one wash eternals shrunk about a half inch or a little more in the inseam when i washed them the first time. it is different denim though, so i dont know, but i shifting annoys me so i would soak them again.