Eternal Jeans

minya

I don't think they stretched a whole lot, but that could be because I got a normal size. Had I gotten a 30, I'm sure they'd have stretched as needed.

They are not a slim jean, so I'd say if you want them more fitted, get a 32. Otherwise, go for the 34. They won't be tight, but they won't be falling off of you either.

hey thanks man so a 32 will still fit me? arent they gonna be a bit tight?

rarr

dscn4766abl7.jpg

dscn4772aty9.jpg

sorry for the grainy photos my camera is shitty when it goes indoors. i suck at taking photos.

after i took the pics i packed the jeans away. gonna save them up until i work my apcs in nicely. wear them around the house, keep them away from dirt till i'm ready to knock them in properly.

I've bought and sold 811's three times and i'm beginning to regret it.

tweedles, could you post a pic wearing the jeans, both front and back now that you've had them for a while?

for anyone who's washed these yet...what is your inseam? still 33?

I've bought and sold 811's three times and i'm beginning to regret it.

tweedles, could you post a pic wearing the jeans, both front and back now that you've had them for a while?

for anyone who's washed these yet...what is your inseam? still 33?

3 times? what was the reasons?

3 times? what was the reasons?

actually it was only twice that i bought and sold....maybe three was a freudian slip.

i bought size 33 and it was a tad too big....i bought size 32 and it fit but i wasnt sure about the cut. it's a hard jean to appreciate at first due to its stiffness. i noticed some hip flare and a bit of bubble butt, but these things could well subside given time. i'm also afraid of the inseam being too short.

i dont presently own eternals but they are my most coveted pair of jeans on superdenim and i hope to make them work someday.

hey thanks man so a 32 will still fit me? arent they gonna be a bit tight?

Not sure. They're a fuller cut than something like PBJ XX-005, so I think it's easier to get away with sizing down a little. Totally your call, though. I'm not familiar with Samurai sizing, so I don't know how these would compare. Mine are size 32, and if there were a 31, I think that would have been the ideal fit for me. No odd sizes though.

i wasnt sure about the cut. it's a hard jean to appreciate at first due to its stiffness. i noticed some hip flare and a bit of bubble butt, but these things could well subside given time.

I have a definite love/hate relationship with the cut of these jeans. Even though I have the tight version of the jeans (the Bear's model), the cut isn't very far from the 811 cut and definitely is not a modern cut.

There is noticeable hip flare that reduces somewhat after several washes, but the jeans don't look good when worn high or low. The denim is stiff in the vertical direction because of the way it's woven, so it holds horizontal creases well even when most of the starch is gone - this increases the bubble butt.

Also, the back pockets are not spread out too far from each other, but they are wide and not very long. This results in a cut that does not flatter the rear end in the same way as say Acne jeans do (narrow and long back pockets, dropped yoke).

In my opinion, the Eternal cuts work well for a rockabilly look, but not for people like me who weigh under 10 stone.

So even after wearing mine for about 10 months, it's still love/hate. But the denim is truly fantastic...

dscn5580yu4.jpg

braidkid, let me charge my camera battery and i'll get right back to you about that.

thanks a bunch tweedles....

for reference what does your waist measure and what size do you wear in 811 and 5010xx? how would you compare the fit to your 5010xx?

well, it was either 811 or the dubbleworks contest and i decided to go with 811's. I ordered ANOTHER size 32 this afternoon. I'm so excited, the denim and red tab is just too perfect. This time I'm going to wear them for a month before drawing any conclusions. Hope to have some nice vertical fades in 6 months to share...

here's a pic of size 32 before i sold them....i dont know why i let go of them, i think i was worried the inseam would shrink

sunday002-1.jpg

thanks a bunch tweedles....

for reference what does your waist measure and what size do you wear in 811 and 5010xx? how would you compare the fit to your 5010xx?

don't have the benefit of the great lighting that braidkid has...

i'm usually a 29/30 in jeans, so i think my waist should be roughly 30"?

5010XX are size 30, i could have gone down to a 29 (and probably should have) though

811 are size 31, could have done a 30...

because of the little sizing up and my skinny frame they fit pretty regular

but in photos they really look a little baggy. i assure you in person they are slimmer.

excuse the awful colour balancing :cool:

734481304_46743d7cf4_o.jpg734481934_4f7f4a15f7_o.jpg

Yeah Braidkid, they look great. Can't help but feel that those trainers wont stay white too long!

Here are a few more photos of the fading on the back of mine.

GArwuL1e4j-LxWi3kdyu4S_ITNvksYgg.jpg

cs9iTusA1j8PdKRIdjM435xqD2dXuNrm.jpg

rx0hIdSy4T-R35n0rtZY3yS3VqoLW0TK.jpg

... and another vertical fade shot!

CClfHA00xj-1NG_Cu0sqlXGSbvbH6TMP.jpg

click for the full versions

811 are size 31, could have done a 30...

734481304_46743d7cf4_o.jpg

yup, you've probably could've gone with a 30. but the 31s are looking good on you and being a size up, might give you better fades in the long run. few washes and you might not even be able to tell the size difference, too.

Braidkid, what is your actual waist measurement? They look great on you.

ctazza, those are looking great.

my waist measures 32"....165 lbs, 6'

question for all 811 one-wash owners.....when you washed, did they shrink? how much shrinkage should I expect above the one-wash state they arrive in?

did you soak them when you got them or wore out of the box?

thank you....

when you washed, did they shrink? how much shrinkage should I expect above the one-wash state they arrive in?

No I didn't wash them when I got them. However the only shrinkage I have experienced is the denim shrinking back to how it was when I first got the jeans. I'm sure if you machine wash them (my only wash to speak of is a hot soak) they will shrink a bit however the one-wash process will take care of 99% of the shrinkage. Also I found that after I gave them a wash they stretched out a bit more.

To sum all that up - if they fit you well now they will always fit you well.

Hope this helps

yup, you've probably could've gone with a 30. but the 31s are looking good on you and being a size up, might give you better fades in the long run. few washes and you might not even be able to tell the size difference, too.

few washes will probably see me through to two years from now--not-too-heavy wear means that washes take longer to come by!

braidkid - i wore them out of the box

ctazza, those are looking great.

my waist measures 32"....165 lbs, 6'

question for all 811 one-wash owners.....when you washed, did they shrink? how much shrinkage should I expect above the one-wash state they arrive in?

thank you....

I have the Bears model and I wore mine for about 5 months before I decided to give them a wash, and like ctazza stated, they shrunk back to how they were when I first got them. I didn't soak them and wore them out of the box. Braidkid, you and I are very similar in body type (I'm a little shorter) and to be completely honest I wish I sized down 1.

i can finally join the cult. got my pair from dex star today. they make me feel like felix wearing em, pretty loose, but i needed something other than thigh huggers for a nice break. just in case anyone was curious...

More-net also has them. Vari will take Paypal. Both are great to deal with.

In other news, after several months of sizing-related consternation over the 811s, and 3 sold pairs, I'm finally happy with the fit of a size 33. My actual size is 32, and as a recovering Sufu-fit addict, I'm enjoying the slightly looser, yet still slim fit of one size up. They're super comfortable and I'm looking forward to the fades of these.