Eternal Jeans

minya

There are some awesome looking eternals at the moment. I thought I'd post pics of my new 811's which I got about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'm sure I don't need to say this again but I'll do it anyway - they are amazing. The denim is so dark and they are a brilliant slim, but not tight, fit. You can see already the vertical fading of the denim and after just a short time there is already some fading around the crotch whiskers and on the ass. I plan to wear them 6-7 days a week and probably wash them every 2 months.

With regards to the sizing issue, I also order my true measured size (31"), and whilst at first they were quite tight they have stretched out to about a 32". Another few points to observe; the thighs are quite slim and so if yours are big I would size up. Also If you have long legs I would not get these as mine can without any hemming at about a 32" leg. Something I find a bit unusual for Japanese jeans. I you have any queries with the sizing, I found that the BiG size chart was on the money except for the leg - there will however always be a few exceptions.

If anyone is reading this in the UK and looking to get some eternals I would recommend parachutes. I got these and a Fob Factory shirt which came to £160 for the lot. He even marked the package as a gift so it was tax free.

I welcome any comments on the fit etc.

aHRF0xa8zj93GaeyAn6ThlExEyaabeOC.jpg

2DfNerjC1T8HeBrjx6Y5HhzY6u4U2N-9.jpg

dW0DDpYc4D86bd-ZdAM7s1Ipvx8lnBLz.jpg

The vertical fading around the left pocket is great. Any reason for it being so concentrated there?

i had my cell phone there for the first 4 months, and then when i switched services i started just carrying phones in my back pocket. I think it made the phone imprint blur a little, which is nice because i think it's annoying haha.

My 872s arrived today. First impression is that they're pretty amazing. Fit was pretty good raw, and should be better after the hot soak.

These are pretty much exactly what I was looking for in my next pair of jeans. Moderately slim fit, interesting denim, heavy weight. Red tab and arcuates don't hurt either. It's a good thing I have a few months before the contest and dd+1 stuff starts.

i don't know what you mean, sorry

Sorry, wasn't too clear... When you say it returns to waist size, do you mean there is enough give/space in the waist to tuck a button down in? Might seem like a lame question, but it never hurts to ask before knocking down $$.

huh.

i am not one to tuck.

i would say these are probably not for you. i would think you would want something with a lower rise for tucking. but i dunno, maybe there are some tucking 811 owners that would be more helpful.

after a wash, the jeans are tight more in the leg than the waist. and they stretch quickly.

probably doesn't help, but there you go.

[at first i wrote "codes" instead of "doesn't"-----weird]

Macuser:

I would agree. If you are looking to tuck shirts in get something with a lower rise. I tried it with some of my shirts and I kinda looked like I was wearing a denim cummerbund.... Not the best look!

Maybe try the SDA-103/003. They have a similar fit but with a lower rise.

Watchman:

I'm intrigued as to how you washed your eternals? What temp. did you use in the washing maschine and did you use any soap as well?

After a few days of looking around, I'm coming close to a decision on new jeans. One of the top choices for me is the Eternal 811, it sounds great. Moderately slim, medium rise, great color/fading, top quality denim (if I'm wrong on any of these, do correct me) - I just have one more question about the indigo bleeding off during wear. I have a desk job and much as I like these jeans, I can't buy them if they'll be turning my desk/chair/hands/whatever blue at work. I've read the whole thread and while a lot of people have said they bleed a lot, others have they don't at all. Sooooo what's the verdict? And if so, is there some way I can make it stop without washing them five times in a row right out of the package?

Mine bled like crazy for the first month. A few of my coworkers commented on my "dirty" hands, I explained the the jeans are new and they'll bleed indigo for a while. They told me to wash them and I just said ok to avoid the whole "You dont plan on washing your jeans for how long!?!" question.

After a few days of looking around, I'm coming close to a decision on new jeans. One of the top choices for me is the Eternal 811, it sounds great. Moderately slim, medium rise, great color/fading, top quality denim (if I'm wrong on any of these, do correct me) - I just have one more question about the indigo bleeding off during wear. I have a desk job and much as I like these jeans, I can't buy them if they'll be turning my desk/chair/hands/whatever blue at work. I've read the whole thread and while a lot of people have said they bleed a lot, others have they don't at all. Sooooo what's the verdict? And if so, is there some way I can make it stop without washing them five times in a row right out of the package?

The bleeding isn't NEARLY as bad as my sugarcane 40400Ns... One soak or a couple of months wear and they'll be fine. I even tuck in light colored shirts now without too much problems.

This is a question to all you eternal wearers:

How have you all been washing your jeans (intervals, temp, machine or not, soap etc.) and also have any of you been using startch at all?

Watchman:

I'm intrigued as to how you washed your eternals? What temp. did you use in the washing maschine and did you use any soap as well?

Hot setting on my washer, with a little woolite black or just a little regular detergent. Sorry that I don't know the temp!

This is a question to all you eternal wearers:

How have you all been washing your jeans (intervals, temp, machine or not, soap etc.)

I hand wash in warm water whenever they start to smell - usually every 2 months or so. The odours on the Tube in the summer will probably force me to wash more often now though. I'm not fussy about detergent - might be more important if you wash more often in the machine though.

have any of you been using startch at all?

I don't think starch is necessary for Eternals. If you, like me, bought them one-wash, they might not seem as stiff as other raw denim.

But I think the creases in the thigh and knee hold up really well with this type of denim. I think it's because the denim is structured vertically - it folds easier vertically, but the horizonal creases are well set.

I don't think starch is necessary for Eternals. If you, like me, bought them one-wash, they might not seem as stiff as other raw denim.

But I think the creases in the thigh and knee hold up really well with this type of denim. I think it's because the denim is structured vertically - it folds easier vertically, but the horizonal creases are well set.

Yeah I got them one-wash also. I was just thinking about starching them a bit to get the creases set nice and solidly as I also plan to wash them every 2 months or so. Maybe I'll wait unti after the first wash...

The point re: the stucturing of the denim - is this what gives the denim the insane vertical fading? How is this different in comparison to say LVC denim?

Many thanks for your help.

the vertical falling is due to vertical threads that protrude more-so than the rest of the jeans. if you examine the denim carefully you'll see where exactly the falling will take place because all the threading is pretty apparent.