Eternal Jeans

minya

On 10/14/2017 at 12:45 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

They should shrink about half an inch and end up at a perfect 32" inseam

Sorry to bring up a post from last century; there hasn’t been much activity here. 

Does this advice still ring true for one-wash eternal? I can reasonably expect a half-inch of shrink in length with a wash?

I think so, in the same way that there’s usually residual shrinkage in most one-wash denim. The last Eternal item I bought was a one-wash Type 2 about 6-7 years ago and that shrank further with another (albeit 60°C) wash.

• 4 months later...

Just got a pair of 811 jeans that were extremely soft denim. The last pair I bought were a few years again and I remember them being more rough/thick than soft and thin. On the tag it says “comfortable” which is confusing to me. Did eternal 811 come out with a softer version of their denim? I prefer the rougher/thicker texture.

• 2 months later...

@noobedloser I don't think the fabric is any softer. I have a pair of 811s that are labeled "comfortable" and the fabric feels the same as several pairs I have handled over the years, going all the way back to the BiG 811 contest pair. Those were raw, vs these being one washed... maybe that's why they seem softer.

But the fabric feels the same in thickness and I feel it matches the described weight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I’d take them to a tailor/repair place and have them patched on the inside and zig-zag sewn over the rip (from the inside or outside). If you have a sewing machine (I don’t), you can do it yourself easily enough.

proper eternal, such beautiful deep dark blue hue. whoever came up with the brand name must have an overdeveloped sense of irony since the stitching lasts barely five seconds. 

59 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I think you mean the 888 15th anniversary pair?! Yes same cut but way longer inseam

yea the 888. is it the same denim too?

On 5/5/2023 at 1:50 AM, Bobbo said:

Yep, same denim and cut as the 811. But with the indigo patch. Someday I’ll have to start wearing mine. 

Ok thanks for the information. Was looking at picking up a pair but they are going to be too small and since I have the 811 already prob won’t need two identical pairs 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump on this thread.

Got a pair of 811s on ebay for a good price.

Thighs a bit slim and rise a bit low, but I'm used to 40s rises. Fit reminds me of Pherrows 466.
Pretty good condition albeit a few popped stitches in the crotch, removed leather patch & bit of crotch-fading.
They definitely need a hem, being 86 cm long and me recently wearing everything cut-off/hemmed to 74 cm :D 

The denim reminds me of the last Evisu No. 1 denim I've handled and the TCB 40s denim, being quite dark and somehow rough and smooth at the same time. 

Now I just have to make a decision regarding chainstitch-hemming/lockstitch hemming (diy)/cut offs...

I too have wondered if Eternal is still around. It seems like their focus has been on washed/distressed, fashion-y stuff for a long time. I wish they made a more classic straight kind of fit, I might be tempted if they made something higher rise than the 811. But then again, denim is quite similar to Flat Head, as has often been observed.

@Cold Summer I know right? These are their 884 cut, and I've always felt like the top block doesn't quite match the rest of the fit. I still enjoy these, but somehow the synergy is off. Classic straight with a more fitted top block.

KH1OuHQ.jpg

jBFqUgx.jpg

fjyNvtI.jpg

MHQpjwO.jpg

cooMQKM.jpg

R65yGm6.jpg

CzbEjSK.jpg

I really enjoy the crinkly denim and contrast as the electric blue starts to show through the tightly woven dark blue.

• 1 month later...