Eternal Jeans

minya

Looking at the size charts is the larger sizes really that wonky. A size 40 onewash a 37-ish waist. I usually wear a 36 in just about everything, or 38s that shrink from tagged like my sams. However a 40 shrinking that much seems kinda off. Anyone else have experience in the larger 811 sizes?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What happened to Eternal? Weird that there's rarely much discussion of them anymore, and stores that used to carry them like BiG and Blue Owl no longer seem to stock them. Is there some kind of QC issue I don't know about? Would still like to wear a pair of these someday.

Perhaps Self Edge will start selling them, it seems to be taking over some of the brands that BiG used to have a link with. Otherwise, Denimio is an option. The denim is great, I have a type 2 jacket and used to have some 874 (I think) jeans.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I think the lack of interest falls back on the trend of a lot of people wanting fast fading, “super slubby hella sicc fadez bruh” and Eternal jeans take a very long time to get the vertical fading you see on some well worn pairs. I’ve always been interested in a pair, but I just have too many jeans currently. If I ever came across a good deal on a pair I would probably jump on it. 

• 1 month later...

I read somewhere (possibly somewhere on this thread?) that the cotton for Flat Head denim is dipped in indigo 24 times and for Eternal it is 30 dips, hence why Eternal may be slightly darker and slower fading than Flat Head although both standard 14.5oz denims appear similar (both are dark with vertical falling characteristics). I’m not sure if this is accurate but sounds feasible.

I read about the 30 dips on BiG when they carried Eternal.

I have had a pair of 884 for a while now and speaking as someone who does not easily fade jeans I can confidently say that my 884s are fast fading, but they are also slimmer fitting in the top block.

This is part of the dilemma. It's a size 36 one wash and came in probably 33.5 in the waist, but certainly no more than 34 (this is not a fluke, they're all like that). They taper aggressively from the waist band to where the waist band connects (top of the hips) and this area does not stretch with ease. The front rise is like 10.75. And then the Upper thigh is like 13.75 and it's wide all the way down. So kind of what a SDA 103 in the same size would fit but with a slightly higher rise (the Eternal being higher).

I've tried a 36 in 811 and it is a nicer fit, slightly bigger in the waist and more generous in the front rise. But I had to return it because the thigh a few inches up from the knee was stupid tight, a problem I have never encountered with any other brand in this area (tightness in the LOWER thigh). I'll have to try the 811 again. That pair may have just been a fluke.

The denim is very crinkly and remains so for a while, but once it settles it is very nice.

Mine are due for a 2nd wash. I'll post pics some time.

I've had that tight lower thigh issue on more pairs than I can count, but in my case it's because I'm tall and the taper from the thigh to the knee on a slim pair of jeans happens at my thigh. If you're tall, or tall for your waist size, that might explain it.

Assuming that wasn't just a defective pair, this is making me glad I didn't get the 811 since I clearly would've had that issue :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Those look great. No idea why this thread is dead, Eternal has some of my favorite denim out there. I'm guessing that since BiG stopped carrying Eternal for some reason that sort of killed the brand's western popularity? I can't name any western stockists off the top of my head.

I've been wearing my Eternal Type 2 quite a bit recently (I bought it slightly looser for layering in spring/autumn) and I think the denim is one of the best out there, it's such a deep blue yet has so many variations of shade and is pretty hairy. When it's a bit more worn-in I'll get some photos up, not too much to show at the moment other than the main friction points.

Yes, I've always thought so too, Maynard. Same ole story, too many jeans, not enough time; however, hasn’t stopped me so far. 811 dyed 30 times, don’t think anyone else comes close while still showing some super fades, yet another must have!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys 

I just recently had OW Eternal 884 sz31 but they turn to be quite loose in the waistband. My true waist is about 30.5-31" and I knew that Eternal run 1" smaller than the tag size but mine is about 31.5" when measuring. My point is should I have about 1" waist taken in? Will the silhouette be dramatically changed if only the topblock is altered? Thanks everyone. 

Edited by Atcharut