Eternal Jeans

minya

...It's like the iridescence of a magpie's feather...best denim quote I've ever heard...there's nothing like checking out fades at sunset or sundown. I haven't washed these yet but I've stolen them so long from Aztec (my bad homie) I might as well treat them like they're mine. I'm back to my old ways so today I was stuck on a roof putting up shingles. They will get a machine wash (gasp !!!) with Castile soap and a hot machine dry once this job is finished. All the  rooftop antics caused quite a bit of damage, back pocket is starting to come off. I have no clue how long they were worn before I got them, or how many days I've worn them, and I'll never be able to tell at this point. Let's get to the pics, shall we?

I'm here doing repairs work on a Vietnamese Bhuddist temple that had fire damage from a faulty stove...we finished the roof and I went to put a knife in my pocket and it went all the way through, I looked down and realized the whole pocket was coming off! The bitter with the sweet of cotton thread

IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_5889.JPG

IMG_5890.JPG

I feel like myself again...I'll have to repair and wash these tonight, then a good wash. It's time for the old me. Believe it or not the tabis a bit shredded but still attached. Aztec is that dude! Ima see if I can salvage it and if not I'll snoop around and see if I can get another one 

IMG_5972.JPG

Edited by salaami

Aztec did quite a bit to relocate the tab and it was his heavy-duty stitching that kept it going this far, so even though I decided to  just do away with the pocket altogether I had to do what I could to keep the tab alive. My youngest loves putting her fingers up in something. 

IMG_6066.JPG

My almost 2 year old 883s. No clue on how many washes these had and for how long theyve been worn. Builtqualitywise these jeans are definitely one of the shittier jeans Ive owner, but hey, they fade really cool

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

What quality issues did you run across so far? I'm asking because to claim that the quality is shit is a big claim when referring to a renowned label with a deep history like Eternal. We need something to substantiate that claim. Not an attack, just asking for clarity. They seem to be coming along very well. The crotch is blown and repaired which is expected before the 2yr mark. Cotton thread is higher maintenance.

Edited by salaami

^agree completely. Thread and fabric wear seems to be as expected for daily wear at 2 years. Judging from the darkness at 2 years my guess is you washed really infrequently which may have reduced the strength of the fabric and threads. 

I think I've had these jeans repaired atleast 10 times now and haven't been really wearing them daily due to the amount of repairs there had to be done. I ripped through the jeans around 5 months in(,the picture can be found a few pages back) , then a month later a crotch blow out, ripped pockets, stitching letting loose. Might be because of the way I use these jeans, but still.

I agree it's a big claim for a renowned brand like Eternal but compared to my Atelier la Durance or Evisu these jeans did not live up. 

• 2 months later...

Is anyone familiar with how much additional shrinkage is in Eternal's one washed denim? I read a couple pages back that generally most of the shrinkage is eliminated, can anyone else confirm? And does that apply to length as well? I know for some denim, the fit seems to settle in immediately but the inseam will shrink further with additional washes

Is anyone familiar with how much additional shrinkage is in Eternal's one washed denim? I read a couple pages back that generally most of the shrinkage is eliminated, can anyone else confirm? And does that apply to length as well? I know for some denim, the fit seems to settle in immediately but the inseam will shrink further with additional washes

^Some people seem to have gotten some additional shrinkage in length but I didn't.  Maybe a tiny bit but it was negligible. My washer is pretty aggressive too. I did however get a little bit of shrink in the thighs, knees etc. Again, pretty minimal though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/07/2017 at 4:33 PM, Atcharut said:

Hi everybody 

I am looking forward to get the 886 type 2 (one-washed) jacket but i am not quite sure whether M or L. 

My reference is 178 cm and approx 150 pound. 

Thank you very much

I have the Eternal Type 2 in L and am approx 179cm and 170-175 pounds. I'd recommend you go for the M as it has long sleeves and a long-ish body. The chest is approx 44" on my L.

My size L = tagged size 40.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

On 7/17/2017 at 9:15 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

I have the Eternal Type 2 in L and am approx 179cm and 170-175 pounds. I'd recommend you go for the M as it has long sleeves and a long-ish body. The chest is approx 44" on my L.

My size L = tagged size 40.

Thank you very much :)