Eternal Jeans

minya

Have to agree - fit looks just fine!

(If you want less fabric in the area of the upper thighs and lower back rise you have go with skinnier cuts or stretch denim...)

I'm going to give it some more thought as I think they fit perfectly in all other areas and you are all most likely right. It's just a little more fabric in the ass than what I am currently wearing which is a slightly slimmer cut and sized down to boot. I'll give it a few more days in the market and make a decision.  Thanks for any and all input.

I love the jeans overall I'm just not sure about the backside...maybe I should be wearing a lower rise because of a lack of butt? All opinions are greatly appreciated as I would like to not sell these.

tumblr_o8gtkze2CN1vshq7zo3_1280.jpg

The fit of your 883s isn't dissimilar to mine. I had a pair of size 28 that were too tight, so I got a size 30 (I'm a true 29" waist). I have the same slight outward bulge between the back pockets, but it doesn't really bother me, because most of the t-shirts / tops I wear come midway down the back pockets so it's barely visible, and no one cares enough about my arse to notice it anyway. I have a tiny bit of hip flare too, although I'd decribe that more as 'pocket push', and because it's not a super-tight fit, it's quite gradual - again, nothing that anyone else would notice, I'd have thought.

I've had them a year but they've had maybe four months' wear in total, and they are fading beautifully - nothing drastic, but the have this beautiful blue coming through that you only notice at certain angles, if that makes sense. It's like the iridescence of a magpie's feather when at first glance the feather is black. With denim this good, I can live with a few minor idiosyncrasies of cut / fit.

Edited by Ceffyl

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It's cool to feel welcome and I think you have convinced me to keep these jeans. This week will round out 250 wears on a pair of Iron Heart and then I will be retiring them for repairs. This pair of Eternal will get a ton of wear this summer and I'll be sure to update here although I find it hard to photograph jeans with proper light. Stay tuned for that.

First day of wear in the 811s. Some observations:

Pros:

- the waist stretched already a bit, so I'm pretty certain they will fit me well over time

- the top block is the most comfortable of my pairs, without sagging ass or too wide hips. Perfect.

- the legs got slim enough to not look like a baggy fit

- the frontpockets  - deep and wide enough so you can actually use them.

- length is borderline short but I guess will work

- the denim feels awesome: dark, hairy, stiff, crunchy with a very unique indigo saturation

Cons:

- will have to replace the tab at some future point. It really annoys me on the coinpocket.

Edited by Max Power

I feel like it's cluttering details on a small place, whereas the rear side is very simple without arcs, lined pockets and tab. But I somehow don't dare to rip two intact pockets to relocate it, especially when the denim is still so dark that you can see my stitching flaws.

Another things that is a bit annoying is that they placed the inside Tabs (model number, washing instrucions) on the button fly. It always gets in the way while buttoning it up. This will have to go soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wa alaikum, I've been on hiatus for a hot minute, is there a way to post pics straight from an iPhone to the threads? I've had (stolen) Atzec's 811BIGs for a while now and wouldn't mind letting him see how they are doing

have u been dunking them into hot hot hot handwash every 30 minutes and then slapping on sweet sweet sweet shea butter on the patch like u used to salaami? welcome back and looking forward to the pics!

Funny thing is that I haven't washed them since I've had them, only because they aren't really mine so I've had a weird wash phobia. They've had pretty regular wear but nothing like my previous jeans that were worn hella hard on grimy labor jobs for extended periods. The path has been treated with coconut oil. When I can afford to skip a day (I can't fit any of my own jeans until I drop 20 more pounds) I'll wash them with Kirk's Castille and machine dry them. Knowing me once I wash them I'll go back to my Hayashi san ways and give them a regular dip in the tub. My handwash method is to wet the jeans then lay them in the tub and rub soap (always castille, Kirks or Dr. B's) all over them and simply scrub them all over front and back with my palms, then dunk them repeatedly in a bucket of water as warm as I can stand, then repeat that about 3 times.

• 4 weeks later...

Washing my 883s today, they are hanging up drying at the moment. Thought i'd post some pre-wash pics. They could've probably gone longer, but they were grimy.

31923797345_63314b868b_c.jpg

31114746713_bfcacfc8a9_c.jpg

31776451622_0391274ec9_c.jpg

31807446701_19126b9519_c.jpg

31550774730_a7c624dacb_c.jpg

31083984174_79b7a39a10_c.jpg

31886867726_b0261f633b_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...