Eternal Jeans

minya

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New to this thread. So I finally got a chance to try on a pair of Eternal 883's sz 33 and they fit well but I was unable to try on the 811's because they were out of stock. Has anyone handled/tried on both fit and can compare the two? Also, how much do Eternals stretch? Thanks in advance.

New to this thread. So I finally got a chance to try on a pair of Eternal 883's sz 33 and they fit well but I was unable to try on the 811's because they were out of stock. Has anyone handled/tried on both fit and can compare the two? Also, how much do Eternals stretch? Thanks in advance.

I've had a pair of 883s sz 29 for 3+ weeks of daily wear now. My first thought was that while snug they were a bit too easy to button up on first attempt. If I had been in the store trying on I may have opted for a 28 to account for stretch. Glad I didn't. Surprisingly they haven't loosened up much, I wear them without a belt most of the time and even though the waist may have gained an inch or so, overall the top block remains about as snug as it was after a day or two of wear. Finally I have some great fitting Japanese denim that I don't have to suffer through for the first month and no resultant sag. Happy nads = less chance of a blowout in a year.

Edited by brandall10

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else getting tired of their jeans fraying at the legs from cuffing? I've rocked the cuffs for my last two pairs of jeans but the aesthetics of the frayed warp yarns really bugs me when they are uncuffed. I guess one must clean dust and debris out of the cuffs on a frequent basis to avoid fraying. Also, the roping just isn't as well defined with turned up cuffs.

I'm definitely intent on my next pair having a proper inseam length so cuffing won't be necessary. Tired of inseams being 1 or 2 inches too long.

Thanks ranon! I love them. The fit is among my faves (long rise, long inseam, slim-straight leg), the denim is great and the patch and wabash pockets are a nice touch. Definitely worth their money. I think I will wash them more frequently from now on.

Regarding fraying: They have a crazy inseam, which gives me the chance to wear them with a cuff. So the fraying can't be seen and is just what happens. wabi sabi ;) But indeed, the roping is not coming along nice when you wear cuffs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got my 811's size 33 today. Wanted something different. These are one wash. Overall I like the denim. The top block is comfortable but I guess I'm not used to having this much room from the knee down. Has anyone gotten extra shrinkage from soaking their one wash's? Ill post better pics later:

4921A826-59BC-4681-B913-6D14E7E2DC32-15725-0000086087481979.jpg

^ Those look real good Vance. My guess is they will take in a bit more with a wash or 2 and when the denim softens it will fall much better; but they look great to me man.

Maybe take a picture from another angle, but I think the fit is good. You can do another hot soak if you want to be sure,this won't do any harm. If it helps: I did two inital hot soaks on my raw pair and didn't notice remarkable shrinkage after the first machine wash. So I suppose the one wash version is pretty much shrunken to size.

instead of just dusting/cleaning, give the hems periodic soaks w/a bit of agitation when dirt/grime starts to accumulate. this practice will help reset & temper the fabric

... also, change up the position of the folds every now & then. so friction wont always be at same area.

Anyone else getting tired of their jeans fraying at the legs from cuffing? I've rocked the cuffs for my last two pairs of jeans but the aesthetics of the frayed warp yarns really bugs me when they are uncuffed. I guess one must clean dust and debris out of the cuffs on a frequent basis to avoid fraying. Also, the roping just isn't as well defined with turned up cuffs.

I'm definitely intent on my next pair having a proper inseam length so cuffing won't be necessary. Tired of inseams being 1 or 2 inches too long.

Has anyone gotten extra shrinkage from soaking their one wash's?

My one-wash 811's were thrown into the washing machine followed by a pretty intense machine drying by my grandma.

End result: a gnarly patch, insane roping, and overall they had essentially shrunk down an entire size. Size 32 measurements:

Waist Thigh (Crotch) Thigh (1") Knee Hem Front Rise Back Rise Inseam

Pre: 32 12 11.5 8.75 8.25 10.5 14 33

instead of just dusting/cleaning, give the hems periodic soaks w/a bit of agitation when dirt/grime starts to accumulate. this practice will help reset & temper the fabric

... also, change up the position of the folds every now & then. so friction wont always be at same area.

I will have to employ these tactics on my 811's when I finally get around to wearing them. As much as I'd prefer to have them hemmed to the proper inseam length, I can't sacrifice the roping - easily the most pronounced I've seen on any pair.

Edited by PeterParker

Got my 811's size 33 today. Wanted something different. These are one wash. Overall I like the denim. The top block is comfortable but I guess I'm not used to having this much room from the knee down. Has anyone gotten extra shrinkage from soaking their one wash's? Ill post better pics later:

4921A826-59BC-4681-B913-6D14E7E2DC32-15725-0000086087481979.jpg

That fit looks great to me. What's your true waist? what size do you wear on other denims?

What up deadenpro! Crazy, grandma was being nice but ending up doing the jeans end for it. Crazy how much they still shrunk considering they're already one wash. I'm gonna snap more pics later today of a better angle. It could be I'm not used to this loose of a jean. It was these or warehouse 660's which i basically flipped a coin.

I wear 31 in sg, skull, probably 32 in ironheart now, and same in flathead.

Edited by vjiforlife

^^^Great fit man! Damn, you might just have convinced me of getting a pair of these. :D

@Max Power: Your´s are looking SWEET! Another reason to be getting these! And your fit is also perfect. How did you size?

went to BiG today to cop some new jawnnns

i was down to 811's and 883's

shouldve gotten the 883's

got the 811's one wash and hemmed

oh well they're still nice

a1mtt4.jpg

811 sz 30

hemmed 2" at BiG (was supposed to hem 1 more but oh well)

wasn't too sure of the fit at first but they're growing on me as each second passes

added fill light and just a tad more exposure in photoshop for the details in the fabric. super stiff and wrinkly/crinkly but is already starting to soften

Edited by fatKARLOS