Eternal Jeans

minya

How much does a pair of Eternals stretch? Tried on a pair earlier today(sz 34) ad I could barely button it! The guy at Americaya said they wouldn't stretch, but his english was really bad. So not shure he understood what I meant!

if you can button up the top button and the thigh is comfortable then you'll be good. the waist strecth pretty well though for comfortable fit.

I got mine in TTS size 30. couldnt button up the top button. i wore them around the house for few days, soak the waistband in cold water and stretch it by hand. now they fit nicely.

hope it helps...

size 31 sounds good..if you can wait a couple months you can grab the BIG contest pair - with some nice details

Wait!!! I'm really trying to tell myself to wait to get the content pair, but every time I go back to this thread, or look at denim gallery's pics, I get so close to buying them now.

So it's definitely true that there's going to be a contest pair? I know the start date is 10/10, but beatle, are you going to give us any hints before then?

it depends on how you wash them initially. if you boil them + super hot dry, a 31 (raw waist 32) will shrink to 30-30.5ish and stretch back out to 31.

if you just warm/hot soak in tub and hang dry, they will pretty much shrink to 31 waist.

as far as the initial wash, will it ruin them if I throw them in my washing machine? I thought that was a no no until they've had a bunch of wear! I was just gonna soak... but Id like to get max shrinkage sooo just throw em in there (with detergent?) and put it on 'extra hot' ?

ps. beatle I do wanna get into that contest but Im leaving to go on a mission for two years in the summer and I wont get a lot of wear in them, Im getting a pair to tide me over till I get back

it was never a no no, people are just dumb and let it get to spin cycle.

just put them in the wash, minimal detergent, maybe a TSP. super hot. let it agitate for about 5 min and then pause the machine to let them just sit for about 30-60min.

you don't need to tumble dry, just hang.

the washing machine i used was about 190˚(F) and my size 30W (31 raw) shrunk to about 29.5. inseam shrunk about 2.75-3".

edit: thanks shoque

it was never a no no, people are just dumb and let it get to spin cycle.

just put them in the wash, minimal detergent, maybe a TSP. super hot. let it agitate for about 5 min and then pause the machine to let them just sit for about 30-60min.

you don't need to tumble dry, just hang.

the washing machine i used was about 190˚(F) and my size 30W (31 raw) shrunk to about 29.5. inseam shrunk about 2.75-3".

edit: thanks shoque

you're the man, thanks for the info

EDIT: alright got another question, cause Im trying to learn about these sick eternals;

what's the difference of wear and fading between the one wash and the raw? Im just trying to decide which kind of 811 I want. are the differences minimal or great?

either is fine you won't notice a difference

i think

i dont think anyone has posted faded raw 811s so im just assuming

im glad this thread is finally poppin. i got some 811s with like a years worth of wear that ill post up once i get some pictures together

most people that got them before BiG stocked them got the One Wash version.

A few got the raw version from Take 5 etc.

@lando -- there will be no difference in wear other than sizing difference. the one wash version obviously started out in a raw state as well.

Gramps, a few quick question for you on those 864. I emailed Gordon, but was hoping for info straight from an owner:

What's the rise and leg opening on those 864, post soak? They're 31w, right? I can't read Japanese, so Rakuten isn't much help.

Did you order from BiG, or Rakuten?

Did you get those raw or factory O/W?

Thanks in advance.

4182845463_da0fd57119.jpg

864s and their infamous low rise. I've had them for a while, maybe just under a year of continuous wear. Many crotch blowouts, snags, a few holes from falling out of or off of things, etc etc.

Gramps, a few quick question for you on those 864. I emailed Gordon, but was hoping for info straight from an owner:

What's the rise and leg opening on those 864, post soak? They're 31w, right? I can't read Japanese, so Rakuten isn't much help.

Did you order from BiG, or Rakuten?

Did you get those raw or factory O/W?

Thanks in advance.

Hey hey.

I ordered mine from from More-net. (http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/more-net/) They're a 30w, which measures around 33 inches. That would up being a bit too big for me but considering that the thighs were slim and the rise was absurdly low I wanted to err on the side of caution.

I am going to soak these in the next day or so and I'll get you accurate measurements when I do, but I believe the leg opening was around 7.5-75.