Eternal Jeans

minya

Anybody here own the 872? Opinions on it? Is the fit the same as the 811. I think so? But I'm not an expert on Eternal. The denim is so sick though, the fades would be dopeee.

I own a pair of well worn in 872's. It is not like the 811 in any way. It is a loose repro cut made out of "Flame" weave denim, 18oz's, and has arcs. It is just as stubborn to fade as the 811 due to it having similar dye and lineage.

Very nice jeans (although a lot of the details fell apart), but I'm a much bigger fan of the blueberry hue of the 811's.

My pair hasnt stretched much...just a bit, and they are one wash.

Does anyone have details on the new 811?

It might be tthe same one BiG has, or maybe not? It's hard to say. If I were to guess I'd say the BiG model is the old style with longer inseam. This new model has long inseam too. Not sure.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/vari/et-pt-new811/

what the fuck is up with the hem? i hope theyre just cuffed inward and they're not making some dress pants hem shit

(did a search, sorry if i missed something)

just noticed BIG charges $255 for raw 811s and $225 for one wash. isn't that backwards (at least from a manufacturing cost perspective)? same jeans, without the wash process, $30 more? (yeah, i'm a little butthurt about this)

and when is that eternal contest supposed to happen?

"ipkus and the search for the holy grail."

^Just off the top of my head though, aren't the raws also 38 inch inseam? The dollar is weaker as well...increased pricing all around...

They are 39 and they shrink to 36 which is same as o/w

I believe the price was increased because the raw stock was the last stock to be refreshed and it seems like every time he gets new stock in he increases the prices a bit. (Evidenced by Warehouse and Eternal, probably others)

ahhhh. makes sense if it's a more recent stock and whatnot... not trying to blame gordon at all. just wondering if anyone had any insight, as they are identical jeans and the wash should only make those more expensive from a cost per unit standpoint.

got my 864s on the cheap not too far back and i'm thinking of going for the more traditional cut of the 811s, but cringing at the price jump. eternal denim is somethin else.

This is Gordon's message regarding the slight increase in price on the wh 660, that is pretty relevant. All of you guys got it right about the change in currency exchange. It pretty tough to understand all the intricacies of running an import/export business - there's just so many other factors involved. I think Gordon definitely keeps the price of his products fair. I think the pairs mentioned, eternal and warehouse, are worth this price when taking into consideration the price of other japanese jeans sold in the US like sugarcane, flathead, etc.

"Unfortunately WH raised the price a little and the dollar is much weaker than it was last time. We still try to keep the price as price as fair as we can even with these increases. "

just noticed BIG charges $255 for raw 811s and $225 for one wash. isn't that backwards (at least from a manufacturing cost perspective)? same jeans, without the wash process, $30 more?

JP in general prefers one wash, so it's more difficult and rare (and in this case more expensive) to get jeans in raw state. Still pissed my S0500's came one wash - would've gladly paid more for raw.

just noticed BIG charges $255 for raw 811s and $225 for one wash. isn't that backwards (at least from a manufacturing cost perspective)? same jeans, without the wash process, $30 more? (yeah, i'm a little butthurt about this)

and when is that eternal contest supposed to happen?

"ipkus and the search for the holy grail."

I think it is mostly to do with supply and demand.

As someone above pointed supply = limited and the consensus I get is that here in the states a lot of people prefer raw.

So if people are paying at $255, then there's no point in lowering the price. BiG is a business so I don't really blame them.