Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

I donno, the website description didn't make sense to me.

It says indigo, but the pics show black and there's no info in the contest front page. So, I didn't order.

Besides, I don't really know my size that well.

If it's low rise I need about sz 31-32

If it's high rise I need sz 30-31 and I have thick thighs.

they are just dark as fuck dude.

well, you could paint your number in chinese.

I thought about it, but if I paint "3" and "5" on the pocket, if you read it "5" "3" it means something bad :rolleyes:

Thinking of doing "6" on the left and and "3" right pocket (6 and 3 sounds a little like my chinese name)

6 (should be on left pocket)

fullcount009-2.jpg

fullcount009-1.jpg

What do you guys think? Too tacky/childish?

if i were you i wouldnt do that. i'd just paint the arcs on wwii style if you wanna do some painting. I think the chinese numbers thing is silly and too flashy. I dont like it when evisu paints stuff on their pockets and I don't think yours are going to be any different. nice job on the tab though. looks good.

well, i put on the 1108s to give the WH an airing-out after coming from some pussy. now i cant take em' off. they are fading so well now after the hand-wash, i cant stop now. i love the warehouse, but the FC are so comfy, and the cut is made for me. so i know now i cant do the 3-month&switch thing i mentioned last week.

funny, but i never got blue on anything. i wore white chucks with em' for a week, and no indigo on the heel. maybe the contest denim is made with different dye...

I've had mine on ten minutes now after a hot wash yesterday (boiling). I got the original batch, 34.5 inseam, and it's just about perfect.

Fits good. Rise is actually a tiny bit lower than I'd counted on, but still fine. BOY is the denim comfy though. Even straight off a hang dry, rigid as they'll ever be, they're very comfy. Fits pics once they settle down a bit.

For comparison pre soak pics can be found here

I gave them a 2 hour hot soak and a 40 degrees C wash.

pre-soak: waist 35" / inseam 35.5" / thigh 12.5" / knee 10" / hem 8.7" / rise 12"

post soak: waist 33" / inseam 33" / thigh 12" / knee 9.5" / hem 8" / rise 11.5"

So the waist didn't end up at 32" as i was expecting, maybe with the next washes they'll shrink a bit more, i'm a true 33" waist btw.

Strangely they didn't turn the bathtub all blue, i didn't even need to clean it up afterwards, and they didn't get one bit lighter from the wash, and after a days wear my fingernails also haven't turned blue.

These suckers seem to hold their indigo pretty well.

I painted the FC arcs WWII style going a bit over the pockets like on the S3000 Sams.

dsc6581web.jpg

dsc6586web.jpg

dsc6585web.jpg

For comparison pre soak pics can be found here

I gave them a 2 hour hot soak and a 40 degrees C wash.

pre-soak: waist 35" / inseam 35.5" / thigh 12.5" / knee 10" / hem 8.7" / rise 12"

post soak: waist 33" / inseam 33" / thigh 12" / knee 9.5" / hem 8" / rise 11.5"

So the waist didn't end up at 32" as i was expecting, maybe with the next washes they'll shrink a bit more, i'm a true 33" waist btw.

Strangely they didn't turn the bathtub all blue, i didn't even need to clean it up afterwards, and they didn't get one bit lighter from the wash, and after a days wear my fingernails also haven't turned blue.

These suckers seem to hold their indigo pretty well.

I painted the FC arcs WWII style going a bit over the pockets like on the S3000 Sams.

dsc6581web.jpg

dsc6586web.jpg

dsc6585web.jpg

mich what kind of paint did you use on that?

Thanks to all who repped me!

^yes, looks great Mich! Nice boots, too. What are they?

Like erk already suspected, they're White's sd

they look like white's semi-dress, but i could be wrong.

Good observation

mich what kind of paint did you use on that?

Plain ole acrylic paint, i applied it with a sewing needle (great tip Bosch)

What kind of arcs are you painting exhausted?

hi mich regular water base acrylic paint?

Think so, it doesn't say so on the bottle but it does say it can be diluted with water, so it seems only logical it's water based.

it has no smell and was very easy to handle.

mich, great fit + rep!

Yesterday I stretched the hell out of the inseam; well to be honest, i didn't really have to try that hard. They now measure 33" inseam (from 31"), still dripping dry right now but will post new fit pictures when they are dried up

Plain ole acrylic paint, i applied it with a sewing needle (great tip Bosch)

What kind of arcs are you painting exhausted?

Just the fullcount arc, I tried with my acrylic paint but it's not very easy to handle. I tried using the needle but it's not easy to get a consistent stitch-like streak..

I think I'm going to buy some fabric paint today and try again