Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Yeah, basically everything outside EU is subjected to import tax and VAT (totaling 100$ here in the case of these jeans).

I got away with about 36 dollars. Probably mainly cause Noriko/Gordon marked down the value and maybe also cause the package said "cotton pants". A friend who works with the customs says that denim fabric has a higher fee than "clothes", but it differs how thorough they are.

I just did a quick trial run on a pair of Uniqlos. I was definitely a bit hasty, but I'm still not too sure about sewing through the paper. The stitches seem really loose. They would probably break easily, maybe even catch on something. I may try to cut out some channels in the paper where the stitches go, and sew in between them, instead of on top of the paper.

09-2.jpg

everyones fit seems fine to me. its cool that everyones jeans arent so slim. my 1108 fit is quite slimmer than any ive seen yet here, but the denim is so comfy it doesn't matter. plus i dont sag(the destroyer of fits/crotches). always remember: more shrink=more stretch and vice versa. dont expect anything dramatic fading wise unless you do real-deal work/physical activity in them.

Where do you guys wear the 0105? Above or below the hips?

I wear mine right at my hip bone. The top of my 0105 is about three fingers below my navel.

Re: post-wash measurement. After three days, my waist already stretch out 1 inch. Gordon's estimate on shrinking three inches and stretching out two inches is probably right on target. I think I'll soak them once a month to control the stretching.

So true, but it seems to be less so after some days.

I kept thinking I was gonna leave someone's fine upholstery a nice blue. Don't want to sit very long... anywhere!

:D

weird, my pair isn't really 'leaking' any indigo; well almost nothing compared to my Skulls.

i need your opinion on my fit; I'm doubting if the inseam is too short or not. I initially asked for an inseam of 33-34" so I could cuff 2". Because of the production error I decided to get the 'short' edition. Gordon said they would shrink to a 32" but after my hot wash they ended up 31". Since i'd like to show off the selvage i'm wearing them with a cuff of 0.5-1" but they look definitely short now... i'l post some fit pictures later tonight

Weird, mine haven't been losing any indigo at all. I did machine wash/dry on hot though (no soap).

I sized down one and I really dig the fit. I hope they don't stretch an awful lot though (belt should help).

On another note, my pair and I are going to be in Hawaii for the next week for our honeymoon (with the wife, not the jeans). Hopefully some more fit pics will ensue now that the fabric has settled down a bit.

After a second soaking session I believe all starch is gone (thanks to salaami for all info, would plus rep if I could) and the softness is coming along. Was a bit worried that my shorter inseam 34 0105 would shrink to much but I can cuff them just perfect. I have a really good feeling about these jeans and think I will wear the hell out of them! Before they turn a bit more blue I will wear them at work which means about 14 hours of wear a day, everyday. At least till summer.

Would post pics but the ones my girl reluctantly took last night came out too crappy. Soon though.

weird, my pair isn't really 'leaking' any indigo; well almost nothing compared to my Skulls.

i need your opinion on my fit; I'm doubting if the inseam is too short or not. I initially asked for an inseam of 33-34" so I could cuff 2". Because of the production error I decided to get the 'short' edition. Gordon said they would shrink to a 32" but after my hot wash they ended up 31". Since i'd like to show off the selvage i'm wearing them with a cuff of 0.5-1" but they look definitely short now... i'l post some fit pictures later tonight

Personally I think regular fitting jeans should be worn short with a cuff, no stacking at all, over a boot. I don't think stacking with a cuff looks good at all. I think this is a much better look with looser fitting denims. Besides stacking and super long inseams is a bit retarded.

You can easily stretch some extra 1" - 2" when wet. I do this all the time on jeans with shorter inseam (34"). I've noticed that this also reduces knee bulging quite a bit... :)

Paulo. The charge incurred was not by customs. There was no import duty or excise duty. 9.09 charge for VAT and Parcelforce Clearance Fee of 13.50.

Sending via DHL would mean that DHL handles the parcel all the way to my doorstep, so I don't have to pay the 13.50 Parcelforce charges for handling. Perhaps I will still be charged 9.09, but that is significantly less for my already very thin wallet.

Yep i made a mistake. With the charge dhl now has. The £13.50 parcelforce charge is about the same for all curriers fedex and UPS charge somewhere between £12 and £18. The DHL handling charge is £1.25!

However with DHL it aparently calculates any expected charges at origin so your more likely for customs who charge VAT and any other import duties on the package to get a hold of it. With parcelforce its a higher chance you wont pay duty as they dont do that.

So its beetween the difference in price for standard delivery vs DHL vs the parcelforce handling charge. If the DHL delivery is costing £10 over the standard charge it might not be worth it in the end.

Personally I think regular fitting jeans should be worn short with a cuff, no stacking at all, over a boot. I don't think stacking with a cuff looks good at all. I think this is a much better look with looser fitting denims. Besides stacking and super long inseams is a bit retarded.

That is so. Every kid here is stacking their jeans and besides that, they're wearing skinny-cut jeans oversized so that they're not so skinny -that's retarded as well. :)