Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

My wife took some post soaks pictures for me. I decided on painting my arcs and got lazy half way through and went with Oni style arcs instead of FC ones. Maybe i'll paint the lower portion on at some point. I went over the pocket edges like on the Samurai 3000VX. I used a terra cotta acrylic paint that will eventually rub off.

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Number 16 checking in. Warm soak for 4hrs, hang dry.

0105C size: 31" x 34"

Start date: 2/15/2009

DSCN1479.jpg

Waist: 34" ---> 31.5"

Front rise: 12" ----> 11.5"

Rear rise: 16.5" ----> 15.75"

Thigh: 13.5" ----> 12.75"

Knee: 9 13/16" ----> 9 3/8"

Leg Opening: 8 5/8" ----> 8 3/16"

Inseam: 35" ----> 32.7/8"

I did noticed the coin pocket's exposed selvedge.

DSCN1483.jpg

DSCN1484.jpg

and so much for zimbawe cotton's reputation for being super soft.

DSCN1482.jpg

I am going to soak it one more time. I think there is still some shrinkage left.

Very nice everybody!

Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. I am pleasantly surprised. I was under the impression that Fullcount jeans are soft and comfortable from the start. I guess I was wrong about that.

The jeans standing-on-their-own after an initial soak has very little to do with the softness or hardness of the denim and very much to do with the starch.

Very nice everybody!

The jeans standing-on-their-own after an initial soak has very little to do with the softness or hardness of the denim and very much to do with the starch.

huh? the soak gets rid of the starch.... the fact the denim can stand on its own is due to the denim and weave... correct me if im wrong....and a brand new paur of raw denim is very starched and you cannot just open them up and let it stand.

Been catching up on last couple of days posts now and really would like to get my pair now... They were released from customs friday so I think/hope/wish there's a good chance that this is the day.

huh? the soak gets rid of the starch.... the fact the denim can stand on its own is due to the denim and weave... correct me if im wrong....and a brand new paur of raw denim is very starched and you cannot just open them up and let it stand.

-Only soaking may not be enough for all the starch to disappear in my experience. Got a pair of Nudie in june that I've soaked twice and the lower part of the legs are still kind of stiff.

its not the starch b its the tightening of the weave that keeps it stiff.

Try this: Soak them (raw) in cold water for one minute (minimum if any shrinkage, minimum starch loss) or machine wash them long cycle in very hot (maximum shrinkage, maximum starch loss) and try which ones stand better.

Tumble drying really shrinks them. ;)

its not the starch b its the tightening of the weave that keeps it stiff.

One soak by no means gets out all the starch. Water can actually reactivate starch. The jeans being so stiff they can stand up is due to a combination of the starch being activated and the weave tightening.