Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

at what point do we just decide the winner ourselves and all chip in on a prize?

great job tvshooter and haga. i wonder if i had kept a straight cuff then maybe i would have been in the running. all the winners had that feature in common.

i really dont think #46 hold anything special, maybe just a better blue in his photograph but i would say that 78, 87,90, and 08 all have more beautiful wear. #46 even has cell phone fades...i wonder if gordon picked these or fullcount did

First of all: All posted pairs look good.

I think #46's pair look a bit more vintage worn, the kind of fading you get when you just wear the jeans and don't make such a big thing about washing etc sufu-style. The judges obviously like this which maybe is the case when you've been in the business for some time.

Just reinforced the crotch on my pair and look forward to wearing them a lot until the Eternal contest starts. If the temperature drops that is.

This contest is what made me buy my first japanese stf jeans and my hands down best pair ever and so it will always be special to me. Congrats to all the participants.

This contest is what made me buy my first japanese stf jeans and my hands down best pair ever and so it will always be special to me. Congrats to all the participants.

Same here. FC's were my first MIJ jeans, and got me hooked. Love 'em, and I've enjoyed this contest experience. Congrats to the winners and everyone who saw the contest through from start to finish, and thank you to Gordon and DP for creating and hosting the contest.

Congrats to the winners and (the few of us/all) those who participated, it was a hell of a lot of fun and we got a fantastic pair of jeans out of it.

Denim - can't thank you enough for all the leg work, and Gordon deserves a ton of thanks for doing everything he does.

no offense to anyone else but i'll just say i thought my main man TV was gonna take whole bowl of marbles with his pair. i've seen them with my own 2 eyes and they are super-spectacular...#46 has the classic vintage fade, so i'm not suprised that a jean with less killer-contrast won. i've never thought that the most hardcore heads are that impressed by a lot of whiskers, combs, and highlight contrast, since really you just get a pair of good jeans, wear them a bit snug, and don't wash often. not saying i hate contrast, but the only difference sometimes between contrast or not is the fit and how the jeans were laundered. so i can see how a gordon or a miki-san (or even a inazuma mag rep or hayashi-san himself) would be impressed with a jean that looks as though it's been worn by someone who was oblivious to sufu rules and steez, but still wore the jeans with dedication. note that klue got honorable mention for the intensity of fade and wear, but that alone didn't seem even third-best to whoever was judging. so with all this said, tv's pair was the best pair if a vote was taken by those who regularly peep the evo thread, and #46(or even settermans' pair, which has lovely vintage fade) were best for the 'vintage-fade' fans...i hope this all makes some kind of sense. everyones pair is great in it's own light. everybody is a star...

forgive my ognorance, but where were the results of this contest posted? I checked the first few pages, but it was just a.whole lot of pitching about sufu 4.0 and I assumed it wasn't in the previous pages as the winner was only mentioned one page back.

Seconded ^

I haven't worn my 0105C recently - it's been a sauna in New York for the past week but the few times I have worn them they are just amazing. I'll take some photos of the repairs I did soon.

yeah, the winner's pair definitely looks more vintage faded, I would have guessed that tvshooter or haga would have won but anyway; everyone well done and congrats to the winners!

my pair is in need of another repair (crotch is about to blow out) hence it has not seen much action lately

Thanks all, and congratulations #46! (bijan???)

tvshooter, I guess the sandpapering paid off in the end, which is cool, if you want to be that kind of person.

I'm very glad this contest is finally judged and the winners announced. Did Gordon end up judging himself? Too bad Fullcount didn't seem to be interested enough to judge, but at least they made us some great jeans! I'm gonna wear mine some more again to celebrate!