Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

probably,me included.but most people stopped posting pics aready since,just us few left to carry on so far.all competitive spirit gone?

come on bitches,we need your pics!

there's prolly a few planning on a more dramatic "shock & awe" strategy towards the end ... lulz.

Looking good, Bijan. This FC denim ages so nicely.

I notice the crotch seams on my pair are also showing distress. It’s the one downside of all this precious repro obsession – insistence on only cotton thread. Too many seams give out too easily. I think poly-core thread was a great invention.

As no interesting new project/contest seems likely to be ready before summer, I’ll be repairing the various seams on my FCs and heading off to Laos and Vietnam for about 6 weeks. Wish I could’ve gotten this trip in before my deadline, as the sweatin’ alone would have seriously increased my fades! Oh, well.

Denim Phenom needs to send out that teaser note to those who registered their numbers. Encouragement, as it were...

Thanks LL. I already redid the inseams near the crotch. I need to repair some of the denim itself. I don't mind doing it. I'm good at it, it's just really time consuming.

LL, here's something you can probably appreciate- Looks like I'm getting a couple of Linhof 4x5s in the near future. A Technika (with four Technika marked Schneider lenses/cams) and a (I think) Color Technika. Complete with rollbacks, finders, etc...

Ooooh! Linhof 4X5s!!! Yes, I'm green with envy. :D

I'm glad to be heading back to Asia (next week), as I basically stop using my film cameras in the US. The film processing costs are outrageous here, and I no longer have access to a decent darkroom (as that fabulous free one we had at U of Hawaii!). I buy my film here, but process and print most in Bangkok. Even the high-end labs there are dirt cheap compared to crap processing here in the US. The quality over there competes with the very best here, too. (I did a series of 25 3ft X 5ft photos for the lobby of UNESCO/Bkk.)

You'll probably need to spend the purchase price in film costs. That said, the image quality is simply unbelievable with the Linhof's. Have fun! ! !

all-cotton thread is no doubt stronger/longer lasting than poly-core thread, but the fit of the jeans play a big role in how long a crotch lasts. some blowouts are caused by the denim wearing thin over time(as in my FC). i reinforced the fuck out of my crotch seams, but i squatted down one time too many, and RIIIIIIIIIP!. how often you wash the fabric under your nuts is important too. your underwear will absorb most of the sweat, but like miki-san said denim is very prone to absorbing ball-sweat. over time sweat decays thread/denim. gordon said that 2-3(or even more) crotch repairs is normal for a jean sewn with cotton thread broken in from raw.

in my opinion its the fit that counts most.i usually wear my jeans til they smell that bit too manly,which can take up to five months,than its a soak or most likely a machinewash.i never ever had any crotchproblems,let it be polycore,allcotton whatever.if there is some need for a repair its most caused by a worn out thread.

little sidenote:got a letter from DHL today,telling me that my parcel is officially lost now,so if i want to claim my money back i should contact them..

what a bunch of useless loosers!

day before my end date and got some nice sky. initial soak turned the patch to jerky. worn pretty much every day since april when i decided against selling them. still have a ton of life left and look forward to seeing how these age.

size 35 0105C

few soaks, couple handwashes and a few machine wash and dry.

HPIM1752.jpg

HPIM1754.jpg

HPIM1753.jpg

HPIM1755.jpg

HPIM1756.jpg

HPIM1758.jpg

HPIM1762.jpg

HPIM1760.jpg

How utterly cool to keep record of washes on the pocket.

I'd never be so organized, let alone remember to do that!

Great pair! ! !

lol, thats about the same reply I got; First impression was that he didnt give a crap but then he's probably acting impartially.

I'm sending them to [email protected]. hopefully that's the right address.

I called them on Monday before sending my photos to them, and yes, that's the email address they want used. Gordon gave a short reply thanking me for the pictures. I put "Full Count, model #, and contest #" in the subject title so it was clear what the email was in regard to.